PDA

View Full Version : Simeon Rice for Henry???

Ferrygoat
04-22-2005, 02:39 PM
I just heard on sportscenter that Tampa is thinking about drafting Demarcus Ware (DE, Troy) and if they do end up picking ware they would probably trade simeon rice, maybe for Henry??? What do u guys think about this happening?

justasportsfan
04-22-2005, 02:42 PM
too expensive. Our D was ranked no.2 last year. I'd be happy if we stay within the top 5 this year. Our Passing game was at 26th. We need to improve on that significantly and to achieve that, we need OL.

ddaryl
04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Simeon Rice is way to expensive for us

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=tabledata>2005</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>6000000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2006</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>6000000.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabledata>2007</TD><TD class=tabledata align=right>7250000.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OpIv37
04-22-2005, 02:56 PM
when did Henry's value get so high?

Ferrygoat
04-22-2005, 02:56 PM
looks like they'll probably trade him to the chargers, according to john clayton (espn)

Ferrygoat
04-22-2005, 02:57 PM
i dont think its henrys value going up its tampa bay wants to dump simeon rice's salary

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 03:07 PM
I wouldn't want that egotistical bastard playing for the Bills unless he was asking vet. min.

Dicknoze69
04-22-2005, 03:13 PM
He makes too much for us, but I'd have a giant splooge-fest if we made that trade.

TedMock
04-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Tough call. He is 31 years old, and doesn't have much longer. He also still had 12 sacks last year. I don't seriously think that he is part of the Henry deal though.

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't want that egotistical bastard playing for the Bills unless he was asking vet. min.
I agree, Rice is in his thirtys, and TD is high on Denny and Kelsay. After that horrible showing by Rice, in the pro Bowl 2 years ago, i want no part of him.

If we were to add on to the D-Line i would love to see them go after DT Corey Simon from the Eagles. Maybe Henry, 3rd Rounder this year, and a 2nd rounder next year for Simon.:dance2:

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 03:26 PM
He makes too much for us, but I'd have a giant splooge-fest if we made that trade.

:puke:

Michael82
04-22-2005, 03:31 PM
There's an interesting trade idea. i have heard that the Eagles are looking to trade Simon. Sam Adams is getting older. If we could find some way to give them Henry and a later pick, plus maybe a pick next year (conditional)...then that would eliminate the Bills needs at DT and they wouldn't have to go DT in the draft this year. I'm intrigued at this. :drool: :jam:

Drive 4 Five
04-22-2005, 03:56 PM
I think the Bill's have good depth at DT and will look to rotate the guys they do have. I don't see this as a big need. What has the Bills D lacked all this time? A reliable pass rusher. Man this guy would help our defense tremendously.

Also, here are my thoughts on why I think Henry is such a valuable trade and why we will get good compensation for this tough little SOB.

1. Teams looking to draft a HB: Aside from Brown and Williams, are there any others that are worthy of the steep price that comes with a No.1? Franchise backs? Seems like good backs can always be found in later rounds.

2. Travis Henry IS a good back and he is young. Very young. Best of all, while he wants a new deal, he isn't the type of guy who is looking to cash in. This little scrapper has probably always fought for everything he has ever had and ain't greedy. Need I say he has also has one gigantic ass chip on his shoulder.

I would absolutely love for this trade to go through!

Drive 4 Five
04-22-2005, 04:01 PM
With good run stoppers in Kelsay and Denney, we could use Rice as a situational rusher to keep him healthy. We already have the bruisers. What we need is a THREAT at end and he is all that.

Dicknoze69
04-22-2005, 04:15 PM
He would be icing on the cake for our defense as it would give us an additional pass-rush threat that teams have to gameplan around. Right now, other than possibly Schobel, no team is scared of our pass-rush. He's a sack machine, and he's definitely not the only pro athlete to have a big ego. I think he'd be an excellent addition in our quest to kill quarterbacks.

However, we won't be adding him because of cost.

Drive 4 Five
04-22-2005, 04:16 PM
I agree, Rice is in his thirtys, and TD is high on Denny and Kelsay. After that horrible showing by Rice, in the pro Bowl 2 years ago, i want no part of him.

If we were to add on to the D-Line i would love to see them go after DT Corey Simon from the Eagles. Maybe Henry, 3rd Rounder this year, and a 2nd rounder next year for Simon.:dance2:

No way we give up draft picks. We have way to many needs. Where is the source that the Eagle's are looking to trade Simon in the firstplace? Not that you made it up I am just asking in general. And like I said, I think we need a guy like Rice more than any other position on that defense. A bad ass DE and we will rank first in defense. No doubt. Like I said, we don't need him to be an every down and a healthy Rice is a productive one.

Rip13
04-22-2005, 04:21 PM
I would keep Henry over Rice, if he would stay. Alot of teams are trying to go with 2 feature backs. We would have a great tandem. with J.P. still growing, I say we could do alot worse than riding WM and TH.

Drive 4 Five
04-22-2005, 04:22 PM
He would be icing on the cake for our defense as it would give us an additional pass-rush threat that teams have to gameplan around. Right now, other than possibly Schobel, no team is scared of our pass-rush. He's a sack machine, and he's definitely not the only pro athlete to have a big ego. I think he'd be an excellent addition in our quest to kill quarterbacks.

However, we won't be adding him because of cost.

I couldn't agree more and the thought that we would be unable to afford him really sucks.

Man I sure wish it were reality. People better damn well get on their knees right now that is for damn sure. Can you say No. 1 rated D in the league? Oh and where is the source about this possibility? I never really looked through the entire thread because I was so damn excited.

Rip13
04-22-2005, 04:26 PM
I couldn't agree more and the thought that we would be unable to afford him really sucks.

Man I sure wish it were reality. People better damn well get on their knees right now that is for damn sure. Can you say No. 1 rated D in the league? Oh and where is the source about this possibility? I never really looked through the entire thread because I was so damn excited.

We already have a great D. And #1 D means nothing if McGahee goes down and we have an unreliable offense........again

Mr. Cynical
04-22-2005, 04:41 PM
no

Drive 4 Five
04-22-2005, 04:48 PM
We already have a great D. And #1 D means nothing if McGahee goes down and we have an unreliable offense........again

I wouldn't go so far as to call them GREAT. Sure they are one of the better defenses but need I remind you how Pittsbugh blasted that vaunted defense with their bench. The way I see it, we need all the help we can get and if you think about it, a true threat at rushing the passer is the last piece to that puzzle. Not to say that Rice is "the guy" but he sure as hell would help. Let us hope that this is no mere rumor, that he has fallen on the outs in Tampa so wouldn't be as expensive as everyone thinks, and is looking for a rebirth. A football crazy ass little town like Buffalo is just what a burnt out veteran DE needs....eh? The only other fans that can even compare to the Bills fans are those of the Packers.

You would be wise to share in this dream.

Oh and I wouldn't worry about the Juggernaut called Willis McGahee. This guy is a beast and will only get stronger with the work he is likely to get this season.

WORK HORSE!!!

Drive 4 Five
04-22-2005, 04:49 PM
no

No to what bro?

Ferrygoat
04-22-2005, 05:07 PM
I would keep Henry over Rice, if he would stay. Alot of teams are trying to go with 2 feature backs. We would have a great tandem. with J.P. still growing, I say we could do alot worse than riding WM and TH.
Henry is not going to stay unless he is forced to and if hes forced to stay he might hold out,he doesnt want to be a backup, might as well get something for him, we can pick up a reliable backup rb in the draft

SABURZFAN
04-22-2005, 05:12 PM
when did Henry's value get so high?

it gets higher and higher the closer we get to the draft.his $1.35 million salary is attractive to a lot of teams too.

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 06:15 PM
No way we give up draft picks. We have way to many needs. Where is the source that the Eagle's are looking to trade Simon in the firstplace? Not that you made it up I am just asking in general. And like I said, I think we need a guy like Rice more than any other position on that defense. A bad ass DE and we will rank first in defense. No doubt. Like I said, we don't need him to be an every down and a healthy Rice is a productive one.
First of all, This was a hypothetical, second Two weeks ago on sirus their was a rumor that the ravens, and Philly was close to a deal to deal Simon. The deal fell through because of Simons contract demands.

Thats not the point, I was saying that i think Rice is garbage. If we were to trade for a d-line man I would much rather see them make a play for Simon.

losman2evans
04-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Simeon Rice can dominate a game alao Bruuuuuce ( in his hay day )
I wish we could afford him.

Ickybaluky
04-22-2005, 09:48 PM
The latest rumor is Dallas being interested in dealing for Rice. Tampa is definitely making him available.