PDA

View Full Version : TD on Josh Reed

justasportsfan
04-22-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm glad to hear this. I still think Josh is gonna have a great year. and D's are gonna have to choose their poison. I trust Mularkey will put him to good use.

We have a lot of confidence in him," Donahoe said. "He's got to have it in himself. He's an ideal No. 3 receiver because he's very good on third down, he's very good in the red zone, he's got that short-area quickness where he can uncover, and then he's physical with the ball. The key for Josh is to stay healthy so we can get him in that role."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050422/1002529.asp

Michael82
04-22-2005, 04:50 PM
That's great news. I still say that he will shine this year, especially with a different QB throwing to him. He never really clicked with Bledsoe. We will see this year. :pray:

Drive 4 Five
04-22-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm glad to hear this. I still think Josh is gonna have a great year. and D's are gonna have to choose their poison. I trust Mularkey will put him to good use.

We have a lot of confidence in him," Donahoe said. "He's got to have it in himself. He's an ideal No. 3 receiver because he's very good on third down, he's very good in the red zone, he's got that short-area quickness where he can uncover, and then he's physical with the ball. The key for Josh is to stay healthy so we can get him in that role."

:tap:

We shall see. I'm all for it. We could have a young Hines Ward in the mix and not even know it. :dream:

Philagape
04-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Pfft! When will you guys learn that the doubters here know more about football than TD and MM and anyone else on the Bills' staff? :shakeno: :snicker:

justasportsfan
04-22-2005, 04:56 PM
:tap:

We shall see. I'm all for it. We could have a young Hines Ward in the mix and not even know it. :dream:You will see. BILLIEVE.

Mr. Cynical
04-22-2005, 05:02 PM
He never really clicked with Bledsoe.I think that pretty much describes all the receivers, running backs, and anyone else catching the ball. Even Billy the Buffalo was frustrated. :snicker:

Philagape
04-22-2005, 05:04 PM
The other teams' DEs clicked with Bledsoe.

Mr. Cynical
04-22-2005, 05:05 PM
The other teams' DEs clicked with Bledsoe.
:roflmao:

clumping platelets
04-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Josh Reed turns it on just in time for FA :mad:

justasportsfan
04-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Josh Reed turns it on just in time for FA :mad:
and reunites w/ Saban :crap:

Mr. Cynical
04-22-2005, 05:41 PM
:negrep:

mysticsoto
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm not high on Reed at all and feel he has had plenty of time. I'm all for starting to bring new prospects - and have them compete with him for the slot. Fast Freddie is interesting also, but will probably never be more than a backup. I wouldn't mind having people past our 3rd wr slot that could actually start someday...especially with Moulds starting to get older.

lordofgun
04-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Reed is good on third down alright...at dropping passes.

Rip13
04-22-2005, 09:10 PM
He get's open though. Most of those drops hit him square on!

Stewie
04-22-2005, 09:19 PM
I think we should put Jason Peters in the slot instead of Reed.

Pride
04-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Everyone always uses the excuse that TD/MM are experts, and that bills fans should shut up.

Well i will tell you one thing.... The fans KNEW Gilbride was a joke, the fans KNEW that Gregg was a joke, the fans KNEW that DBledsoe was terrible, the fans KNEW we needed Spikes! The fans have just about called EVERY move TD has made... we have asked for it, and while he may have delivered... the fans knew very well what should be done.

Fans know that Reed is a joke, and that had ne not been drafted in the 2nd round, would probably have been cut by now.

Fans dont get enough credit for their knowledge!

jamze132
04-23-2005, 12:07 AM
I think that pretty much describes all the receivers, running backs, and anyone else catching the ball. Even Billy the Buffalo was frustrated. :snicker:
:bf1:

jamze132
04-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Everyone always uses the excuse that TD/MM are experts, and that bills fans should shut up.

Well i will tell you one thing.... The fans KNEW Gilbride was a joke, the fans KNEW that Gregg was a joke, the fans KNEW that DBledsoe was terrible, the fans KNEW we needed Spikes! The fans have just about called EVERY move TD has made... we have asked for it, and while he may have delivered... the fans knew very well what should be done.

Fans know that Reed is a joke, and that had ne not been drafted in the 2nd round, would probably have been cut by now.

I actually agree with Donahoe on Reed. I still think that Reed will turn into a better tham average receiver in this league. I think 05' is his breakout year.

The Spaz
04-23-2005, 03:44 AM

You will be receiving your GM badge in the mail after you send $2.50 for shipping to the NFL.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-23-2005, 04:09 AM
The really puzzling and disappointing thing about J.Reed has been how bad his hands have been.

Everyone knew that he didn't have great speed and it really was unfair to ask him to step in for P.Price as a deep-threat. That I can write off to K.Gilbride refusing to adapt his offense to the personnel and the offensive philosophy that the front office wanted the Bills to adopt. But, what I have difficulty comprehending is all of the drops that Reed has had over not just that season, but even last season.

This is a guy who led the NCAA in catches. He almost single-handledly won a bowl game with a performance worthy of F.Bilentnikoff. Anyone who saw him play in college would have thought that, if he could learn to get open in the NFL, he would catch everything in sight. And, he looked like a "teal" when the Bills got him in the 2nd Round.

Well, while he isn't a #1 or #2 WR in a NFL offense, he has shown that he is able to get open in the NFL as a slot receiver. But, for some reason, he just hasn't been catching the ball with anywhere near the kind of consistency that he showed in college or that he needs to have to get the job done. I don't know what the problem is because the potential is there for him to be a very good slot receiver for the Bills. But, potential and $2.00 will get you a subway ride in NYC and not much beyond that in the NFL: Reed is going to have to show this season that he will catch the ball the way that he did in college or he's not going to have a job in the NFL with the Bills or anyone else.

I've been saying since the Bills drafted J.Reed that I thought that he could be a very good player for them and I still think that it is possible, but the only way that that is going to happen is if he starts to catch the ball consistently the way that he can and did in college. I'm hoping he will, but now I'm going to have to see him do it....

Philagape
04-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Did the fans call us drafting Willis? Trading to draft JP? How many fans called for the head of Mike Williams before last season? Trey Teague? How many fans saw McGee's year coming? How many fans groaned when we drafted Evans? Fans are experts after the fact.
Of course we can see the same things everyone else does during games, but news flash: The FO sees more than we do ... practices, offseason workouts, hours and hours of video, etc. ... not to mention they get to talk to their players. We watch the games and read what reporters write, and then we live our lives. TD, MM and crew LIVE the Bills every day of the year, sometimes 16 hours a day. so yes, THEY KNOW MORE THAN WE DO. Fact.

thebuffalobills4
04-23-2005, 08:46 AM

yets hope so.

HurryUpTom
04-23-2005, 08:00 PM
I say actions speak louder than words, so I don't think TD is as high on Josh Reed as the holier than thous claim he is.

ShadowHawk7
04-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Was that a bluff or something? If he wasn't lying, we are going to be using a lot of multiple WR sets.