PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Talk says Henry rumored to go to Philly for...

Ickybaluky
04-22-2005, 07:28 PM
... a 3rd round pick (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm).

Yeah, I know, they aren't the most reliable source, but they are occasionally ahead of the curve (like with the Moss deal). At any rate, I figured I'd pass it along.

I imagine it would be the higher of Philadephia's 3rd round picks, which is the pick they got from KC in the John Welbourne trade (#77, the 13th pick in the 3rd round).

If the Bills do get that pick, it would not surprise me to see them package it with their 2nd round pick to move higher in the 2nd round.

The Spaz
04-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Please don't post this ****ty ****ing website?!:puke:

Devin
04-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Id love to see them do this if it does happened. Grab the highest rated DL/OL and when the 3rd round rolls around pray our WR falls to us.

:)

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 07:40 PM
The story isn't even in the rumor mill yet. At least i don't see it. Besides the trade won't be done till the last moment anyways. Bills should hold out for a second

RedEyE
04-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I think the Bills would bite on a Henry - Shelton straight trade rather than settle on a 3rd.

Novacane
04-22-2005, 08:54 PM
The story isn't even in the rumor mill yet. At least i don't see it. Besides the trade won't be done till the last moment anyways. Bills should hold out for a second

They can hold out for a second and end up with nothing.

gonzo1105
04-22-2005, 09:08 PM
If the Bills so end up getting a 2nd rounder for Henry it sure wont be # 35 it'll be the second 2nd round pick...which I would take

Ickybaluky
04-22-2005, 09:53 PM
NFL Network just put some credence to this rumor. Mike Malock, their draft guy, said that Philly had the edge to deal for Henry, offering their 3rd, but that Arizona is back in it, trumping them by offering their 3rd round pick, which is #75 (2 spots ahead of Philly in the 3rd). He said Shelton is no longer a part of the deal for Henry (I don't think the Bills are real interested in him).

From the way he was talking, it sounds like a sure thing that Henry will be dealt tomorrow.

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 09:55 PM
If the Bills so end up getting a 2nd rounder for Henry it sure wont be # 35 it'll be the second 2nd round pick...which I would take
I agree, i would take number 63 from phily

Novacane
04-22-2005, 09:58 PM
The Bills must really think Shelton is a POS.

camelcowboy
04-22-2005, 10:06 PM
I agree, they really must think he is a joke, if they might except a 3rd round pick over trading for him.

gonzo1105
04-22-2005, 10:22 PM
I think by tomorrow the Bills will end up calling up the Eagles saying they have an offer for the 75th pick from the Cardinals and if they want Henry then they need to offer the 63....if the Eagles take the bait then we deal with them if they dont then we trade him to the Cards.

YardRat
04-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Peter King also mentioned earlier today that Philadelphia is going to end up with Henry.

Ickybaluky
04-22-2005, 10:49 PM

A lot of other teams must think so as well, since nobody else has shown interest despite his being available.

It seems Shelton is Just-a-Guy. Sure, he has raw talent, but his play has been average. In the end, you can get average players for less than $3M per season.

YardRat
04-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Having McNally as his coach pushes him above average, IMO.

Screw Philly---do the deal with Arizona.

BidsJr
04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Ummmmmm,

Do the deal for the best pick.

Then pick up Shelton after he is cut for the cards.

:posrep:

Bert102176
04-22-2005, 11:52 PM
well now Miami has a 2nd rnd pick so maybe they'll try to make a trade for Henry

jamze132
04-23-2005, 12:06 AM
It's not much warmer in Philly than it is in Buffalo. For Travis' sake, I hope he ends up in Philly!

The Spaz
04-23-2005, 03:48 AM
After thinkign about it I beleive TD did say the strength in this years' draft was in the middle rounds 2-4. I would have liked a player and a pick but if the front offices beleive Shelton is crap well then what ever o-linemen we bring in through the draft will be better.

elltrain22
04-23-2005, 08:43 AM
There is no way that is true

Ickybaluky
04-23-2005, 09:47 AM
The Philadelphia Daily News (http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/11469257.htm) has the story as well, saying the rumor is Henry to the Eagles for "one of their 3rds". They also say Henry's agent wants a contract extension before the trade happens.

I think you have to register, so here is the relevant passages to the story:

By LES BOWEN

bowenl@phillynews.com

Rumors were flying last night that the Eagles will, indeed, trade today for Buffalo Bills running back Travis Henry. At least one NFL source close to the situation said he believed there was substance to them.

The Eagles are said to be ready to send one of their two third-round selections in today's NFL draft - they choose 77th and 94th overall in that round - to the Bills for Henry, 26, who presumably would be signed to a long-term deal. Henry has a year left on his current contract, and agent Hadley Englehard has indicated a new contract must be part of a trade.

Englehard could not be reached for comment last night.

The Eagles got involved in the Henry trade scenario more than a week ago knowing his contract requirements, a source close to the situation has said.