PDA

View Full Version : Chicks with sticks-

Don Cherry
12-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Dube third female goalie to start men's pro game (http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2002/1211/1475714.html)

Wednesday, December 11

Dube stops 18 shots in Long Beach's 4-1 loss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Danielle Dube became the third female goalie to start in a men's professional hockey game Wednesday night, stopping 18 shots in the Long Beach Ice Dogs' 4-1 loss to San Diego in the West Coast Hockey League.

The 26-year-old Vancouver native joined Manon Rheaume and Erin Whitten as the only women to start in a men's pro league.

"For me it's normal, but, again, for everyone else it is a unique situation,'' Dube told KCAL-TV.

She played with the Bakersfield Fog of the WCHL in 1995-96 and was on the preseason roster of the Central Texas Stampede of the now-defunct Western Professional Hockey League in 1996-97.

SkateZilla
12-12-2002, 10:11 PM

Hmm i Checked into that.

The term "CHicks With Sticks" Was Copyrighted by Princess Anne High School and PLaza Middle School In Virginia Beach, Va By Members of Both the Middle School Field Hockey state champs and the 3x High School State Champs!!!!!!!

Rude American
12-13-2002, 07:35 AM
I went to high school with a guy on the Gulls. (Mark Stitt) Good guy. Great skater. Ultra smooth like Paul Coffee.

MissBuffalo
12-13-2002, 11:50 AM
But Manon Rheaume is the ONLY woman to play in an NHL game. It was preseason, but she still played. It was with the TB Lightning about 7-8 years ago.

Ð
12-13-2002, 12:02 PM
Her family all played hockey. Have you heard of the Dube Brothers ? Ask Ticat, it's true. ;)

SABURZFAN
12-13-2002, 01:08 PM
i remember when manon rheaume played hockey for the LAS VEGAS THUNDER.i had a chance to meet her several times at THUNDER functions.she's a very nice person.

MissBuffalo
12-13-2002, 04:13 PM
That's right saburz, she did play for the Thunder. Wasn't it roller hockey?? I purchased two of her cards when she was first recognized after her NHL game.

SABURZFAN
12-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
That's right saburz, she did play for the Thunder. Wasn't it roller hockey?? I purchased two of her cards when she was first recognized after her NHL game.

it was ice hockey.they were in the IHL.a few names you recognize have gone through vegas.

a.yashin
r.bonk
c.malarchuk
p.nedved
c.joseph
s.zholtok

Don Cherry
12-13-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
But Manon Rheaume is the ONLY woman to play in an NHL game. It was preseason, but she still played. It was with the TB Lightning about 7-8 years ago.

I think that was way back when clueless Phil Esposito was involved with the franchise. It was a preseason game and she played 1 period. They were desperate to bring in some foilks to see the team.

Her brother Pascal Rheume plays for the Thrashers.

MissBuffalo
12-13-2002, 07:14 PM
Oh Pascal is her brother?? That's cool. I didn't know she played in the IHL too. She did play for a roller hockey team also. I'm interested in finding out (since I can't remeber it was so long ago) how she did in the 1 period she played in the NHL. I believe they lost by 6, but I think Puppa was between the pipes for most of the game.