PDA

View Full Version : Is Parrish a sub for Josh, or is MOULDS in any trade rumors?

im4bflo
04-23-2005, 07:50 PM
WR is a surprise pick, is he someone you just can't turn down?

HurryUpTom
04-23-2005, 08:04 PM
I think it is a combination of factors.

I don't think TD has much faith in Josh Reed.

I don't think Moulds will be traded, but I think he gets cut next offseason. The restructuring this year only addressed his salary this year, and I don't see them doing it over again.

Novacane
04-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Reed is officially now a bust

Nighthawk
04-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Surprise, yes, but not that bad of a value there. Played QB in High School...Mularkey likes that in his WR's. Should be fun to watch this WR unit this year. Say good bye Josh!

Meathead
04-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Not only is Josh Reed going to make the roster, he's going to keep the 3rd WR job and end up the Bills comeback player of the year.

Write it down.

DMBcrew36
04-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Not only is Josh Reed going to make the roster, he's going to keep the 3rd WR job and end up the Bills comeback player of the year.

Write it down.possibly... bringing in Parrish DEFINITELY increases the competition between the receivers... which is what they said they want in the press conference... i think this will definitely light a fire under Reed's ass

Nighthawk
04-23-2005, 08:53 PM

Write it down.

Umm, I doubt it. Write it down.

Meathead
04-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Umm, I doubt it. Write it down.
Yeah, I better. So I can remember all the people I get to say I told you so to. lol.

Come to think of it, since I'm the only person saying this you don't have to write anything down - you can take it to the bank instead.

Meathead
04-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Reed starts out with a solid rookie year - 37, 509, 2. Then two disappointing seasons, but with what look like pretty good contributing factors. Now he comes back in healthy and with three years in the league. More importantly, he has what he had three seasons ago in two good fast receivers on the outside.

I'll bet he gets at least 50 receptions and 4 TD catches. He also could become a favorite target of Losman in 3-WR sets. With Moulds and Evans both stretching the sidelines Reed should have a lot of room to find gaps in the middle and create RAC yards. And with him healthy maybe Mularkey gives him some WR screens and other plays to use's Reed's agility in a creative way.

Look at it this way: Reed is one of the picks TD made moves to get so I think he’ll get a prime chance to keep that spot. Given what appear to be things in his favor I think he’ll step up and have a good year.

HurryUpTom
04-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Reed starts out with a solid rookie year - 37, 509, 2. Then two disappointing seasons, but with what look like pretty good contributing factors. Now he comes back in healthy and with three years in the league. More importantly, he has what he had three seasons ago in two good fast receivers on the outside.

I'll bet he gets at least 50 receptions and 4 TD catches. He also could become a favorite target of Losman in 3-WR sets. With Moulds and Evans both stretching the sidelines Reed should have a lot of room to find gaps in the middle and create RAC yards. And with him healthy maybe Mularkey gives him some WR screens and other plays to use's Reed's agility in a creative way.

Look at it this way: Reed is one of the picks TD made moves to get so I think he’ll get a prime chance to keep that spot. Given what appear to be things in his favor I think he’ll step up and have a good year.
You have to catch the ball in order to become a QB's favourite. Reed had some severe cases of the dropsies at the start of the last two seasons and then wasn't relied on at key times throughout the rest of those years.

If Reed doesn't catch the ball, it doesn't matter who else is in there or what they're doing.

Philagape
04-23-2005, 09:44 PM
I don't think Parrish will do much this year except on special teams. Reed will remain No. 3 unless Parrish sets the world on fire in TC. Moulds is gone in 2006.

HurryUpTom
04-23-2005, 09:46 PM
I don't think Parrish will do much this year except on special teams. Reed will remain No. 3 unless Parrish sets the world on fire in TC. Moulds is gone in 2006.
Parrish may not beat out Reed, but I think Aiken will (and I've never been a fan of Aiken's).

Compare their trajectories ... Aiken has improved each year in the league. Reed has regressed each season.

lordofgun
04-23-2005, 11:06 PM

Write it down.
Is he going to learn how to catch the ball this offseason?

Captain gameboy
04-24-2005, 05:58 AM
I think it's Moulds they're preparing to replace.
I would guess this is his last year.

Meathead
04-24-2005, 06:17 AM
Reed had a major problem with drops in '03 that's for certain. If he were to continue that he'd be out of the league. But since it hasn't been a problem in any other year of his entire lifetime career, including '02 and '04, then I would bet it won't be a problem in his fourth year as a pro.

Let's see, add Log and Hurry to the list ...

Jan Reimers
04-24-2005, 06:22 AM
Parrish is an excellent receiver, highly regarded by many draft guides. The Sporting News said he has great short area quickness, "wonderful separation," athleticism, and could be "deadly in the slot." They had him 6th among all WRs, right at the top of the 2nd round.

Reed will have to play very well to keep this guy from becoming our 3rd receiver.

ryjam282
04-24-2005, 07:46 AM
Parrish will be our #3 guy...WRITE IT DOWN.

Reed is gone. Parrish is almost a clone of Peereless Price. He even comes with some of the costly drops that PP did too. Roscoe can fly boys, you'll see. He is very good at RAC yards too.

Historian
04-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Reed stinks, but this Parrish kid is Bernard Ford all over again.

Historian
04-24-2005, 08:25 AM

Write it down.

He may end up on a roster, but his helmet will have a fish on it, not a buffalo.

im4bflo
04-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Parrish is an excellent receiver, highly regarded by many draft guides. The Sporting News said he has great short area quickness, "wonderful separation," athleticism, and could be "deadly in the slot." They had him 6th among all WRs, right at the top of the 2nd round.

Reed will have to play very well to keep this guy from becoming our 3rd receiver.

Sounds like a good third and long man to go to, with the great seperation.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Put that on the oops side of TD's draft ledger.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
I think that J.Reed gets this season to show that he can catch the ball like he did in college. If he can't he's gone. If he can, he might stay as a slot receiver in 3 and 4 receiver sets.

Write this down: Parrish will replace N.Clements as our PR and combine with T.McGee to give us one of the most dangerous KR combos in the NFL.

Anyone who saw the Miami-Louisville knows that Parrish is a real weapon in the return game--he single-handedly won that game for Miami.

I'm not sure what kind of WR Parrish will become in the NFL: he's really small and catches the ball close to his body too much, but he's got phenomenal speed and is really elusive. Teams will have to respect his speed and ability to go the distance in the open field. But, he's going to have to get off the line of scrimmage and catch the ball. The new pass defense rules will help him a lot and he could be a contributor right away as a slot receiver in 4 receiver sets. Combined with L.Evans, he will help put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses because he gives the Bills a second serious deep-threat. If he can put on some weight and get stronger, he could be an effective "smurf".
I'm not sure that I would have taken him in the 2nd round--opinion on him was very divided and, with B.Berlin as his college QB, it was hard for me to get a real read on him as a WR. Still, Parrish was such a feared weapon as a return-man that I can justify taking him in the 2nd round because he probably would have gone in the 3rd round just based on his speed at WR and he gives the Bills a chance to take Clements and perhaps even McGee off of return duties so that they don't run as much of a risk of injury. Given the importance of Clements and McGee to the potential success of the Bills, if Parrish can just take over as our return man, he will be making a big contribution to the team. So, I guess I shouldn't be that unhappy that they took him and where they took him.

But, I must admit that I was shocked by this selection.

Bling
04-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Neither. He'll be a 5th WR behind Evans, Moulds, Reed, & Aikens.

if you're talking about the future? He's nothing but depth.

SABURZFAN
04-24-2005, 05:30 PM

so we spend ANOTHER 2nd rounder on a WR. :down:

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 05:43 PM
so we spend ANOTHER 2nd rounder on a WR. :down:
Per ESPN, We've drafted a WR in the first two rounds every year since 1998.

HurryUpTom
04-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Per ESPN, We've drafted a WR in the first two rounds every year since 1998.
Who did we do in 2003? That was McGahee and Kelsay.

2001 was Clements, Schoebel, and Henry.

ESPN doesn't do good research.

John Doe
04-24-2005, 06:29 PM
I don't know where Parrish will fit on the depth chart, but they will definately find ways to get him the ball. He is the kind of threat that defenses have to pay special attention to.

And, as a punt returner, he looks like the second coming of Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

guy
04-24-2005, 07:54 PM
ESPN said that Buffalo drafted a wr every year since 1998, including 4 inthe first 2 rounds. As for Parrish, he may turn out to be our #3 in 2 years.They say the kid can fly and he's tough.