Is Parrish a sub for Josh, or is MOULDS in any trade rumors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

Is Parrish a sub for Josh, or is MOULDS in any trade rumors?

WR is a surprise pick, is he someone you just can't turn down?
  • HurryUpTom
    • Mar 2005

I think it is a combination of factors.

I don't think TD has much faith in Josh Reed.

I don't think Moulds will be traded, but I think he gets cut next offseason. The restructuring this year only addressed his salary this year, and I don't see them doing it over again.

Comment

• regor
      • Jul 2002

Reed is officially now a bust

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Surprise, yes, but not that bad of a value there. Played QB in High School...Mularkey likes that in his WR's. Should be fun to watch this WR unit this year. Say good bye Josh!

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

Not only is Josh Reed going to make the roster, he's going to keep the 3rd WR job and end up the Bills comeback player of the year.

Write it down.
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
            Not only is Josh Reed going to make the roster, he's going to keep the 3rd WR job and end up the Bills comeback player of the year.

Write it down.
            possibly... bringing in Parrish DEFINITELY increases the competition between the receivers... which is what they said they want in the press conference... i think this will definitely light a fire under Reed's ass

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Write it down.
              Umm, I doubt it. Write it down.

Comment

• Meathead
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                Umm, I doubt it. Write it down.
                Yeah, I better. So I can remember all the people I get to say I told you so to. lol.

Come to think of it, since I'm the only person saying this you don't have to write anything down - you can take it to the bank instead.

Comment

• Meathead
                  • Jul 2002

Reed starts out with a solid rookie year - 37, 509, 2. Then two disappointing seasons, but with what look like pretty good contributing factors. Now he comes back in healthy and with three years in the league. More importantly, he has what he had three seasons ago in two good fast receivers on the outside.

I'll bet he gets at least 50 receptions and 4 TD catches. He also could become a favorite target of Losman in 3-WR sets. With Moulds and Evans both stretching the sidelines Reed should have a lot of room to find gaps in the middle and create RAC yards. And with him healthy maybe Mularkey gives him some WR screens and other plays to use's Reed's agility in a creative way.

Look at it this way: Reed is one of the picks TD made moves to get so I think he’ll get a prime chance to keep that spot. Given what appear to be things in his favor I think he’ll step up and have a good year.

Comment

• HurryUpTom
                    • Mar 2005

Reed starts out with a solid rookie year - 37, 509, 2. Then two disappointing seasons, but with what look like pretty good contributing factors. Now he comes back in healthy and with three years in the league. More importantly, he has what he had three seasons ago in two good fast receivers on the outside.

I'll bet he gets at least 50 receptions and 4 TD catches. He also could become a favorite target of Losman in 3-WR sets. With Moulds and Evans both stretching the sidelines Reed should have a lot of room to find gaps in the middle and create RAC yards. And with him healthy maybe Mularkey gives him some WR screens and other plays to use's Reed's agility in a creative way.

Look at it this way: Reed is one of the picks TD made moves to get so I think he’ll get a prime chance to keep that spot. Given what appear to be things in his favor I think he’ll step up and have a good year.
                    You have to catch the ball in order to become a QB's favourite. Reed had some severe cases of the dropsies at the start of the last two seasons and then wasn't relied on at key times throughout the rest of those years.

If Reed doesn't catch the ball, it doesn't matter who else is in there or what they're doing.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I don't think Parrish will do much this year except on special teams. Reed will remain No. 3 unless Parrish sets the world on fire in TC. Moulds is gone in 2006.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HurryUpTom
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                        I don't think Parrish will do much this year except on special teams. Reed will remain No. 3 unless Parrish sets the world on fire in TC. Moulds is gone in 2006.
                        Parrish may not beat out Reed, but I think Aiken will (and I've never been a fan of Aiken's).

Compare their trajectories ... Aiken has improved each year in the league. Reed has regressed each season.

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Write it down.
                          Is he going to learn how to catch the ball this offseason?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                            • Jul 2002

I think it's Moulds they're preparing to replace.
                            I would guess this is his last year.

Comment

• Meathead
                              • Jul 2002

Reed had a major problem with drops in '03 that's for certain. If he were to continue that he'd be out of the league. But since it hasn't been a problem in any other year of his entire lifetime career, including '02 and '04, then I would bet it won't be a problem in his fourth year as a pro.

Let's see, add Log and Hurry to the list ...

Comment

Working...
                              X