PDA

View Full Version : OK, Donohoe has officially messed up!

Nighthawk
04-23-2005, 08:48 PM
What a waste! For God sake get something for him! What the hell is he thinking? He is too bull headed for his own good sometimes. This one makes him look really stupid...I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel. :blowup:

Dozerdog
04-23-2005, 08:55 PM
It does take two to trade. I'll bet we could find a trade partner immediatly for a 7th round pick.

Novacane
04-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I guess he's gambling some RB will go down in pre-season and we'll get more for Henry then. I'd rather just have taken the 3rd from the Eagles to get the troublemaker off the team

DMBcrew36
04-23-2005, 08:56 PM
What a waste! For God sake get something for him! What the hell is he thinking? He is too bull headed for his own good sometimes. This one makes him look really stupid...I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel. :blowup:Donahoe*

We can still trade him but if we don't then it looks like we'll have a SOLID backup this year.

RedEyE
04-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Can't force a trade. I'm sure that TD did all he could and isn't about to lower Henry's value. Keep him for a year. He's a hell of a cheap back up.

Nighthawk
04-23-2005, 08:59 PM
It does take two to trade. I'll bet we could find a trade partner immediatly for a 7th round pick.

Come on now, you don't really believe that...do you? Are you telling me that the Cards didn't offer that trade? Green admitted to it being on the table! If he would have taken a 3rd (which sucks because Henry would have had more value if he was traded last year...like TD should have done) earlier and not waited until today, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's all about his ego and guess what, it was stomped on today by a few teams.

Nighthawk
04-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Can't force a trade. I'm sure that TD did all he could and isn't about to lower Henry's value. Keep him for a year. He's a hell of a cheap back up.

Yeah right, don't lower his value, but let him walk next year. Are you serious?!?!

DMBcrew36
04-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Come on now, you don't really believe that...do you? Are you telling me that the Cards didn't offer that trade? Green admitted to it being on the table! If he would have taken a 3rd (which sucks because Henry would have had more value if he was traded last year...like TD should have done) earlier and not waited until today, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's all about his ego and guess what, it was stomped on today by a few teams.
I don't agree with the argument that we should've traded Henry last year. McGahee was still getting up to strength and Henry was still our #1 back into this past season

RedEyE
04-23-2005, 09:04 PM
I love the whinning. Cracks me up. I'm sure TD just said "F - it!! I'm going to sit around and do nothing this draft day."

Dozerdog
04-23-2005, 09:04 PM
The only concrete trade offer I have seen for Henry was Shelton straight up.

Got any other info that Green offered anything more?

RedEyE
04-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Shelton is probably a bust. I don't see anyone else in the league throwing offers out for him.

Nighthawk
04-23-2005, 09:10 PM
I don't agree with the argument that we should've traded Henry last year. McGahee was still getting up to strength and Henry was still our #1 back into this past season

It's all about taking risks and anybody could see this mess coming. No foresight in this situation.

Nighthawk
04-23-2005, 09:12 PM

Do you have any evidence that says there wasn't? We could do this all day. I'm just sick of people letting TD slide all the time. He never addresses the major problem on this team...the OL! Yet, everybody thinks he is a freakin genious...give me a break. I don't know about you...but I'd like to see the Bills in the playoffs sometime soon. I really don't want to always settle for mediocrity...no thanks!

jeffhcb
04-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Exactly. Well Said. Hold them accountable.

Dozerdog
04-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Do you have any evidence that says there wasn't? We could do this all day. I'm just sick of people letting TD slide all the time. He never addresses the major problem on this team...the OL! Yet, everybody thinks he is a freakin genious...give me a break. I don't know about you...but I'd like to see the Bills in the playoffs sometime soon. I really don't want to always settle for mediocrity...no thanks!

I've heard both Dennis Green and Tom Donahoe on NFL radio interviews. Pretty much said the same thing- Bills wanted to trade for Shelton and swap picks in the second.

Cards didn't want to do it. Bills didn't think Shelton on his own was worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Henry in TD's mind was worth that. TD wasn't going to give him away for garbage.

Looks like he hasn't- and no one else has offered anything of substance other than Shelton.

Philagape
04-23-2005, 11:06 PM
In an AP story, TD says he would have accepted a 3rd for Henry. (no link, I'm reading the wire at work)

Ferrygoat
04-23-2005, 11:10 PM
in 25 years of coaching o-lines mcnally has only drafted 7 o-lineman in the first 3 rounds of the draft, i think this is the reason that we didnt draft a o-lineman. i heard on the nfl network that mcnallys imput would be a major factor in the drafting of the o-line. i think that mcnally can take a 2nd day o-lineman and make him into a good pro. i think that the plan is to take couple o-linemen on the 2nd day.

ddaryl
04-23-2005, 11:15 PM
TH for Shelton was the only deal in town and we didn't want Shelton.

Dozerdog
04-23-2005, 11:18 PM
In an AP story, TD says he would have accepted a 3rd for Henry. (no link, I'm reading the wire at work)
Did anyone offer a third for Henry? Polian and Holmgren were on record as saying a 2nd might be good enough to get Edge and Alexander. No one bit on that, either.

There are plenty of RBs still on the board, too. My guess is teams took a wait-and-see attitude. Why give up a #3 for a guy with one year on his deal if you can draft one and keep him for 4 years with little money?

Marvelous
04-23-2005, 11:20 PM
I think TD tried his best and I'm 100% A-ok with that. I have faith in TD and i think most not all but most blame TD as a scapegoat when things go wrong. I thought our 2 UM picks rocked today :)
Maybe one of these teams will offer a pick for next year. I just can't see Henry suiting up in a Bills uni ever again.
Not after the way he feels about the situation.
I'm sure he is blaming TD for no deal getting done. Probably makes him think all these teams want the great Travis Henry but TD want's to much lol...

hydro014
04-23-2005, 11:22 PM
I agree, look at our o-line last year (we improved quite a bit), also McNally has done more with worse talent. I think there is still solid talent left in the draft at OL. i think McNally knows what he's doing. we'll be ok.

jpdex12
04-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Did anyone offer a third for Henry? Polian and Holmgren were on record as saying a 2nd might be good enough to get Edge and Alexander. No one bit on that, either.

There are plenty of RBs still on the board, too. My guess is teams took a wait-and-see attitude. Why give up a #3 for a guy with one year on his deal if you can draft one and keep him for 4 years with little money?
This was on Billsdaily.com earlier. Must be nothing materialized.

Henry Update: A report says that an NFL source confirms that the Eagles are offering the Bills one of their two third round picks for Travis Henry. They pick 77th and 94th overall. Tom Donahoe likely will want a higher pick in any deal for Henry.

I would hope that we would have jumped on that 94th pick, but we will never know.

Dozerdog
04-23-2005, 11:46 PM
This was on Billsdaily.com earlier. Must be nothing materialized.

Henry Update: A report says that an NFL source confirms that the Eagles are offering the Bills one of their two third round picks for Travis Henry. They pick 77th and 94th overall. Tom Donahoe likely will want a higher pick in any deal for Henry.

I would hope that we would have jumped on that 94th pick, but we will never know.

OK- now we are getting somewhere- an unnamed report citing an annonymous "inside source"

Pro Football talk? Brian H?

jpdex12
04-24-2005, 12:05 AM
OK- now we are getting somewhere- an unnamed report citing an annonymous "inside source"

Pro Football talk? Brian H?
Dude ease up, I don't post *****ty rumors. I also saw another article this morning on ESPN but I cannot find the damn thing. I have only visited 1,000 sites today. I want to say it was an AP article.

It's water under the bridge now!

ExWNYer
04-24-2005, 01:41 AM
What a waste! For God sake get something for him! What the hell is he thinking? He is too bull headed for his own good sometimes. This one makes him look really stupid...I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel. :blowup:

TH has no leverage whatsoever. Who cares if he's not traded...he's a valuable insurance policy in case WM goes down. Don't believe for a minute that he'll holdout in a contract year...that would be career suicide and would cost him major $ which he'll never recoup. He came crawling back to the Bills last year with his hand out begging for an extension because he squandered what little money he had. He can't afford to holdout...he's broke. If the genius had managed his affairs correctly, he'd be an UFA right now. So what if he walks after this year and the Bills get nothing...he'll serve an important role for THIS season.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2005, 03:10 AM
Did anyone else hear Berman and the other guys on ESPN talking at the end of the Day One broadcast about all of the picks that Philly still has? They pretty much flat-out said that Philly was not going to bring 13 rookie draft picks to training camp and would be looking to trade some of them on Day Two. I'm not sure who it was, but someone suggested that it might be possible that Philly would try to swap a couple of 4th Round picks for Travis Henry and there was absolutely no dissent from the panel.

Now, I know that TD, I and just about every Bills fan whose opinion on this I've read would argue that T.Henry is worth more than a pair of 4th round draft picks. However, with a number of offensive and defensive linemen who were projected to go on Day One still on the board, if the Bills could get a couple of 4th rounders and pick up a C like J.Brown or D.Wilkerson plus a DT like A.Hawthorn or CJ Mosley and/or an OT like W.Britt or M.Munoz with their own pick in the 4th and a couple of 4th rounders from Philly, perhaps that might not be such a bad deal to make. It really doesn't matter if we get guys like that on Day One or in the 4th Round, if we can get them (actually, taking them in the 4th round would make them cheaper!). And, there are still a number of decent big RBs--KJHarris, TAMcLendon, J.Lumsden and A.Gates--who are available and one of them should still be around in Round 5 to replace T.Henry.

I know that there are a lot of "IFs" in something like this, but, if TD could pull it off, I wouldn't be as unhappy about this draft as I am right now....

Lone Stranger
04-24-2005, 05:53 AM
I'm OK with the Henry situation. AT worst he will provide excellent insurance for McGahee. There really wasn't a lot of dealing yesterday and I'm inclined to accept the fact that nothing reasonable was offered for Henry which is a mystery to me.

YardRat
04-24-2005, 06:28 AM
I still think Henry goes for Shelton.

Arizona throws in a pick this year (4th or 5th) or a higher one next year, and both GM's "save face".

Jan Reimers
04-24-2005, 06:38 AM
There's still time to trade Henry, either for Shelton, or draft picks, or both. There were - and still are - some good RBs in this draft. I think everyone is waiting to see who goes where before the Henry deal gets done.

YardRat
04-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Just found this...

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/all-eaglesnotesapr24,0,6101038.story?coll=all-sports-hed

Although speculation has the Philadelphia Eagles needing to surrender as much as the 31st or 35th pick of the 2005 NFL draft if they wanted to put together a package to trade for Buffalo Bills running back Travis Henry, Eagles coach Andy Reid made a surprising admission Saturday after his team selected players with those picks.

''We're still messing around with it,'' Reid said in what immediately became one of the few times an Eagles official has acknowledged a specific trade rumor since he arrived in 1999.

That comment appeared to lend credence to a rumor that the Eagles, who were willing to part with a fourth-round pick, were trying to reach a compromise with the Bills, who were seeking a second.
Maybe Henry won't end up with the Cards :D

ryjam282
04-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Did anyone else hear Berman and the other guys on ESPN talking at the end of the Day One broadcast about all of the picks that Philly still has? They pretty much flat-out said that Philly was not going to bring 13 rookie draft picks to training camp and would be looking to trade some of them on Day Two. I'm not sure who it was, but someone suggested that it might be possible that Philly would try to swap a couple of 4th Round picks for Travis Henry and there was absolutely no dissent from the panel.

Now, I know that TD, I and just about every Bills fan whose opinion on this I've read would argue that T.Henry is worth more than a pair of 4th round draft picks. However, with a number of offensive and defensive linemen who were projected to go on Day One still on the board, if the Bills could get a couple of 4th rounders and pick up a C like J.Brown or D.Wilkerson plus a DT like A.Hawthorn or CJ Mosley and/or an OT like W.Britt or M.Munoz with their own pick in the 4th and a couple of 4th rounders from Philly, perhaps that might not be such a bad deal to make. It really doesn't matter if we get guys like that on Day One or in the 4th Round, if we can get them (actually, taking them in the 4th round would make them cheaper!). And, there are still a number of decent big RBs--KJHarris, TAMcLendon, J.Lumsden and A.Gates--who are available and one of them should still be around in Round 5 to replace T.Henry.

I know that there are a lot of "IFs" in something like this, but, if TD could pull it off, I wouldn't be as unhappy about this draft as I am right now....

I like this idea. Sure, he is worth more but I would like it if we could get a few OL still on the board.

mayotm
04-24-2005, 08:01 AM

Thank you! All these wanna be GM's on this site. A bunch of clowns that didn't even play Pop Warner football, yet know more than one of the most respected GM's in the league. Amazing!