OK, Donohoe has officially messed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

OK, Donohoe has officially messed up!

What a waste! For God sake get something for him! What the hell is he thinking? He is too bull headed for his own good sometimes. This one makes him look really stupid...I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It does take two to trade. I'll bet we could find a trade partner immediatly for a 7th round pick.

Comment

• regor
      • Jul 2002

I guess he's gambling some RB will go down in pre-season and we'll get more for Henry then. I'd rather just have taken the 3rd from the Eagles to get the troublemaker off the team

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        What a waste! For God sake get something for him! What the hell is he thinking? He is too bull headed for his own good sometimes. This one makes him look really stupid...I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel.
        Donahoe*

We can still trade him but if we don't then it looks like we'll have a SOLID backup this year.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Can't force a trade. I'm sure that TD did all he could and isn't about to lower Henry's value. Keep him for a year. He's a hell of a cheap back up.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            It does take two to trade. I'll bet we could find a trade partner immediatly for a 7th round pick.
            Come on now, you don't really believe that...do you? Are you telling me that the Cards didn't offer that trade? Green admitted to it being on the table! If he would have taken a 3rd (which sucks because Henry would have had more value if he was traded last year...like TD should have done) earlier and not waited until today, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's all about his ego and guess what, it was stomped on today by a few teams.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
              Can't force a trade. I'm sure that TD did all he could and isn't about to lower Henry's value. Keep him for a year. He's a hell of a cheap back up.
              Yeah right, don't lower his value, but let him walk next year. Are you serious?!?!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

Come on now, you don't really believe that...do you? Are you telling me that the Cards didn't offer that trade? Green admitted to it being on the table! If he would have taken a 3rd (which sucks because Henry would have had more value if he was traded last year...like TD should have done) earlier and not waited until today, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's all about his ego and guess what, it was stomped on today by a few teams.
                I don't agree with the argument that we should've traded Henry last year. McGahee was still getting up to strength and Henry was still our #1 back into this past season

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I love the whinning. Cracks me up. I'm sure TD just said "F - it!! I'm going to sit around and do nothing this draft day."

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

The only concrete trade offer I have seen for Henry was Shelton straight up.

Got any other info that Green offered anything more?

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

Shelton is probably a bust. I don't see anyone else in the league throwing offers out for him.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                        I don't agree with the argument that we should've traded Henry last year. McGahee was still getting up to strength and Henry was still our #1 back into this past season

It's all about taking risks and anybody could see this mess coming. No foresight in this situation.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          The only concrete trade offer I have seen for Henry was Shelton straight up.

Got any other info that Green offered anything more?
                          Do you have any evidence that says there wasn't? We could do this all day. I'm just sick of people letting TD slide all the time. He never addresses the major problem on this team...the OL! Yet, everybody thinks he is a freakin genious...give me a break. I don't know about you...but I'd like to see the Bills in the playoffs sometime soon. I really don't want to always settle for mediocrity...no thanks!

Comment

• jeffhcb
                            • Oct 2004

Exactly. Well Said. Hold them accountable.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Do you have any evidence that says there wasn't? We could do this all day. I'm just sick of people letting TD slide all the time. He never addresses the major problem on this team...the OL! Yet, everybody thinks he is a freakin genious...give me a break. I don't know about you...but I'd like to see the Bills in the playoffs sometime soon. I really don't want to always settle for mediocrity...no thanks!

I've heard both Dennis Green and Tom Donahoe on NFL radio interviews. Pretty much said the same thing- Bills wanted to trade for Shelton and swap picks in the second.

Cards didn't want to do it. Bills didn't think Shelton on his own was worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Henry in TD's mind was worth that. TD wasn't going to give him away for garbage.

Looks like he hasn't- and no one else has offered anything of substance other than Shelton.

Comment

Working...
                              X