PDA

View Full Version : I like our draft thus far

Dominator77
04-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Our offense is going to be loaded with speed this year. I don't care if Parrish and Everitt are not the brightest bulbs, but they bring us speed and a winning attitude and Miami players usually pan out pretty well in the NFL.

As far as not addressing the OL, I think our OL will be fine. We will eventually draft one tomorrow but I think McNally will get this group to be a solid unit. Plus with Losman this year, I think Mularkely and Clements will be having him do alot of roll outs and bootlegs and that will protect the OL. Remember, we could do no boots or rollouts with old lead legs Bledsoe.

As far as Henry, I think TD might be gambling that a starting RB from another team may go down in the preseason and might try to unload him then. Just a guess.

cablesabres68
04-23-2005, 11:13 PM
I like your thinking on all parts but the henry thing i think we pick up a couple 4ths or 5ths from the eagles tomorrow (heard trey wingo and the guys talkin bout it) or i hope we can get a player from them you never know i trust donahoe until he truly screws up. Not everyone but most of you guys doubted and even hated the mcgahee pic in 2002 now he is our starting running back. he chose 2 guys that were semi need possitions and kiper said they both should have gone higher than they did to buffalo So plz just get off the mans back and let him work.

Dominator77
04-23-2005, 11:15 PM
I agree Cable. We have at least 4 picks left and possibly more. Long way to go before the season starts.

Bling
04-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Our offense is going to be loaded with speed this year. I don't care if Parrish and Everitt are not the brightest bulbs, but they bring us speed and a winning attitude and Miami players usually pan out pretty well in the NFL.

As far as not addressing the OL, I think our OL will be fine. We will eventually draft one tomorrow but I think McNally will get this group to be a solid unit. Plus with Losman this year, I think Mularkely and Clements will be having him do alot of roll outs and bootlegs and that will protect the OL. Remember, we could do no boots or rollouts with old lead legs Bledsoe.

As far as Henry, I think TD might be gambling that a starting RB from another team may go down in the preseason and might try to unload him then. Just a guess.

LMAO. Take it from someone that lives in Miami. Roschoe Parrish was the dumbest move in Tommy's history.

Italian Stallion
I like our first day as well....The recieving core gets much more speed with Parrish and I love the idea of Clements getting off of punt returns (he's talented but fumbles and it's a high risk position for injury as opposed to kickoffs when you can get a running start before your blased by someone)

Everett i think is gonna prove to be a awesome pick. He brings one thing to the tight end position that we haven't had here...ever. Pure, athletic playmaker. Easily the fastest TE on the roster, and probally has some of the best hands....In time (with Campbell getting older, and Euhus in my opinion a nice but not great player) he becomes our starter at tight end for a long time...

OL can be addressed from within and later on in June or Training Camp if needed. The offense needed more playmakers to add to a young QB's arsenel, and they got just that.....so everyone relax!

lordofgun
LMAO. Take it from someone that lives in Miami. Roschoe Parrish was the dumbest move in Tommy's history.
You live in Miami. That's pretty dumb too.

Dominator77
04-23-2005, 11:18 PM

Parrish isn't very bright I'll give you that. Then again most players that come out of Miami aren't Rhodes Scholars. They are a football factory that produces quality NFL players. They have a bit of an attitude and cockiness to them and I like that.

Bling
04-23-2005, 11:21 PM

So you acknowledge that you made a dumb decision. Does the Bills' owner plan to pay his medical bills?

mybills
04-23-2005, 11:21 PM
These picks are stupid. :mad:

cablesabres68
04-23-2005, 11:23 PM
:lmao: hey if your gonna bash the bills you should root for the team in ur city THE SUCKFINS

Dominator77
04-23-2005, 11:23 PM

Wow, great insight and explanation :shakeno:

chubluv
04-23-2005, 11:24 PM
I like your thinking on all parts but the henry thing i think we pick up a couple 4ths or 5ths from the eagles tomorrow (heard trey wingo and the guys talkin bout it) or i hope we can get a player from them you never know i trust donahoe until he truly screws up. Not everyone but most of you guys doubted and even hated the mcgahee pic in 2002 now he is our starting running back. he chose 2 guys that were semi need possitions and kiper said they both should have gone higher than they did to buffalo So plz just get off the mans back and let him work.

Is it bad if we only get 4th or 5th rd pick(s) for Henry ? Or can we get something in next years draft for him?

Bling
04-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Parrish isn't very bright I'll give you that. Then again most players that come out of Miami aren't Rhodes Scholars. They are a football factory that produces quality NFL players. They have a bit of an attitude and cockiness to them and I like that.

It's not a matter of his intelligence, he's just a horrible pick. He's skinnier than a tooth pick, his speed isn't what people make it out to be, and anyone over 150 lbs. that steps right in front of him when he's catching the ball looks like they bulldoze him. Kevin Everett was a better pick, and he wasn't even a good TE. What's next you guys going to draft Frank Gore to complete the ****ed up legs clan?

Dominator77
04-23-2005, 11:25 PM
So you acknowledge that you made a dumb decision. Does the Bills' owner plan to pay his medical bills?

:shakeno:

Hey Blingy great move by the Fins to draft Ronnie Brown when he couldn't even start at Auburn and they have one of the worst offensive lines in football. :snicker:

cablesabres68
04-23-2005, 11:25 PM
no as long as we get rid of the VIRUS

Philagape
04-23-2005, 11:26 PM
For anyone who hates these picks, I want to see their books full of notes and reports, hours of video and transcripts from interviews with prospects.

HAMMER
04-24-2005, 11:49 AM

Hanging onto Travis Henry would not be a mistake in any way shape or form! We would have a very powerful running game and would wear team's down. This is exactly what we need with a first time starting QB.

HAMMER
04-24-2005, 11:54 AM
That's why I love this website, everyone is so nice to each other.

HAMMER
04-24-2005, 11:55 AM
It's not a matter of his intelligence, he's just a horrible pick. He's skinnier than a tooth pick, his speed isn't what people make it out to be, and anyone over 150 lbs. that steps right in front of him when he's catching the ball looks like they bulldoze him. Kevin Everett was a better pick, and he wasn't even a good TE. What's next you guys going to draft Frank Gore to complete the ****ed up legs clan?
Looks like McGahee's ****ed up legs are working pretty well, huh.

BuffaloRanger
04-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Come on how do you guys spin this into "these were great picks"?

A small #3/4 WR and a non-blocking #2 TE that will make our "great TE" pick from last year expendable.

TD got his bluff called plain and simple. Cards, Eagles and Bucs treated him like a *****.

Drafting for need is not a bad thing. Drafting the best player available gives you WRs and TEs but no OLINE.

TD blows.

Nighthawk
04-24-2005, 12:02 PM

Hi, I'm an idiot with no football knowledge. Nice to meet you. Bling, go home...you are one of the least knowledgable posters I've ever read on this board!

Tatonka
04-24-2005, 12:05 PM
For anyone who hates these picks, I want to see their books full of notes and reports, hours of video and transcripts from interviews with prospects.

i am pretty sure that people have the right to be completely disappointed without having books of notes and hours of film.. it is a ****ing message board.. get the **** over yourself, soapbox king.

ArcticWildMan
04-24-2005, 12:08 PM
i am pretty sure that people have the right to be completely disappointed without having books of notes and hours of film.. it is a ****ing message board.. get the **** over yourself, soapbox king.

T, you are the last person on this board to be telling somebody else to get over themself.

mysticsoto
04-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Come on how do you guys spin this into "these were great picks"?

A small #3/4 WR and a non-blocking #2 TE that will make our "great TE" pick from last year expendable.

TD got his bluff called plain and simple. Cards, Eagles and Bucs treated him like a *****.

Drafting for need is not a bad thing. Drafting the best player available gives you WRs and TEs but no OLINE.

TD blows.
I'm lukewarm on Roscoe. Why not Jemore Mathis if he wanted speed? I mean, yeah, Mathis has dropped some balls, but that can be worked on. Is TD in love with midget receivers? This guy is a Fast Freddie clone...

I am disappointed that there was no TH trade, but even so, with our picks, we probably could have done better. I thought picking the TE when we have 2 that are supposedly recovering fine and one signed PLUS one in Europe - I mean that's now 5 TEs...it's overkill! Is Mularkey influencing too much the need of TEs???

HAMMER
04-24-2005, 01:57 PM
T, you are the last person on this board to be telling somebody else to get over themself.
:lmao: No kidding. Pot, meet kettle.

Meathead
04-24-2005, 02:07 PM
it is a ****ing message board.. get the **** over yourself, soapbox king.
You'll make a great father.

Tatonka
04-24-2005, 02:18 PM
You'll make a great father.

that is awesome.. seriously.. why would you even go there?

i make a point to say everyone has an opinion and your going to bring up me being a father?

if you said that **** to someone in person, you would be put in the hospital. seriously.

Tatonka
04-24-2005, 02:24 PM

fair enough.

:hockey:

Meathead
04-24-2005, 02:26 PM
if you said that **** to someone in person, you would be put in the hospital. seriously.
Yeah, I'm way off the mark.

DraftBoy
04-24-2005, 02:29 PM

Alright enough, keep the discussion on topic gentleman and keep the personal attacks to none. This is one of the greatest weekends of the year lets get back to it shall we?

Tatonka
04-24-2005, 02:31 PM

how would you know what mark your on because i used the word ****? that means that i would use that language around my child?

the conversation is pointless.. your obviously a gutless pos that has the balls to talk that kind of **** on a message board, but also probably the guy that stares at the floor while asking someone if they want paper or plastic.

your username should tell me enough to know this is pointless.

Tatonka
04-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Alright enough, keep the discussion on topic gentleman and keep the personal attacks to none. This is one of the greatest weekends of the year lets get back to it shall we?

the guy takes the time to take a personal shot at me being a new father, after i share that with you guys.. it is gutless..

it is pointless arguing with him.. i agree.. but there is a difference between making a comment about someone in the context of this message board, and taking a serious shot at someones ability to be a father.. like i said.. if someone said that to me in person.. the conversing would be over quick.. that is not a "oh, hey, i am sorry" type comment.. those are fighting words.

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 02:45 PM
:rofl:

Can you tell me anything about any of them?

jmb1099
04-24-2005, 02:47 PM
the guy takes the time to take a personal shot at me being a new father, after i share that with you guys.. it is gutless..

it is pointless arguing with him.. i agree.. but there is a difference between making a comment about someone in the context of this message board, and taking a serious shot at someones ability to be a father.. like i said.. if someone said that to me in person.. the conversing would be over quick.. that is not a "oh, hey, i am sorry" type comment.. those are fighting words.
Congrats on being a new father! My wife and I are currently in...um... the negotiating stage of the whole process...lol

I don't know how to feel about the draft up to this point. I will admit I am confused about our selection...I wonder if any of these guys will be good bartering material?

Meathead
04-24-2005, 02:54 PM
You are a major hothead.

The_Philster
04-24-2005, 03:00 PM

then take it to PMs...keep it off the boards

unpaid_bills
04-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Looks like McGahee's ****ed up legs are working pretty well, huh.
:duel:I agree there

Gotta love the Draft we are all arguing over improving our team. Hey guys these Guys are all Bills now let give them a chance before we bash them

Bottom line we got a speed WR who can help in the return game. Clements can be a full time Corner now and avoid injury on punts. I think Roscoe will be like the Randel-l in Pitt perfect for the gadget plays the offense will run

I like Everrit at TE he is a Raw but huge upside. As far as the other guys I dont know alot about The 2 OL are huge and look like intelligent people

tampabay25690
04-24-2005, 03:15 PM
I like what the Bills have done. They got quicker on Offenese and picked some decent players in the late rounds for depth and possibly starters. To be honest it was a totally different approach then I thought the Bills would take....