X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

Everyone needs to relax

I think it is pretty obvious what the objective was going into the draft for the Bills. Donahoe knows that Losman is a young QB who could use all the weapons he can get and that is exactly what Parrish and Everett are are excellent pass catchers with really good speed for their respective positions. I understand what everyone is going off about no OL or DL or a CB yet. Well if you look at it there is still incredible depth at all of these positions. We could easily use our 4th round pick on an OL such as Britt, Elton Brown, Jason Brown, Ben Wilkerson. These are still excellent OL prospects out there. There are still some good DT prospects out there including zone favorite Antaaj Hawthorne or C.J Mosley, Anthony Bryant, and good CB's such as Eric Green, Travis Daniels, Brandon Browner, and Antonio Perkins. So I dont see what the huge deal is. There are still a ton of pretty good prospects at the positions we need to grab a player at. I think Donahoe is doin an okay job with this draft so far.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I don't hate any picks until I see them in the NFL not producing!

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

Both very well said....they add talent to the worst part of our team last year, everyone take a chill pill
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Moulds is the most expensive player we have- and will need a big year to have us consider keeping him at his huge number. While Reed hasn't lived up to his billing, it was smart of TD to draft Price's replacement in 2002 when he had the chance.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Until we're well into the season .....
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            Moulds is the most expensive player we have- and will need a big year to have us consider keeping him at his huge number. While Reed hasn't lived up to his billing, it was smart of TD to draft Price's replacement in 2002 when he had the chance.
            My biggest concern is size, thats one of moulds strengths. If he's gone we have Evans 5-10 then Parrish 5-9. Not exactly great redzone targets.

Comment

• capitolneal
              • Sep 2003

I hope we bet munoz, he sure has the pedigree and from what I understand he has asked mcnally for advice (while at Tennesee) and if pedigree has anything to do with this he has got great genes

Comment

• chubluv
                BillsZone bowling team MVP
                • Jan 2003

ther are still lots of prospects out there & we still have at least 4 more picks left. So we can all go to bed & get a good nights sleep and wake up tomorrow and hope all turns out well tomorrow

We are in 5th place
                Clump is on the IR
                Chubluv average is 167
                Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
                Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                  • Mar 2005

Replacing Moulds?

I do not doubt that Parrish and Everett are good players, but.....It's becoming more and more apparent that due to salary cap implications and today's draft, Eric Moulds is gone after this season. It appears that we're putting our faith in a 5'9" speedster with average hands to replace our faithful, prototypical pro-bowl receiver.
                  Campbell and Euhus were both Donahoe moves. Don't forget about Neufeld. I thought the recoveries were going quite well. I also perceived Neufeld to be a better than average back up. Prior to the draft, we have solid depth at receiver and tight end. So, to sum it up: there will be acrimomy amongst our Running Backs (Henry vs. McGahee), Receivers (Parrish vs. Evans&Moulds), Tight Ends(Everett vs. the recovering Campbell and Euhus). This puts tremendous pressure on the coaching staff to focus on the "getting along" part of things as opposed to strategy. I love Henry but he's gotta go because he deserves better and the situation has the potential to get ugly. I'm thinking "Flutie vs. Johnson" caliber locker room division.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
                    I do not doubt that Parrish and Everett are good players, but.....It's becoming more and more apparent that due to salary cap implications and today's draft, Eric Moulds is gone after this season. It appears that we're putting our faith in a 5'9" speedster with average hands to replace our faithful, prototypical pro-bowl receiver.
                    Campbell and Euhus were both Donahoe moves. Don't forget about Neufeld. I thought the recoveries were going quite well. I also perceived Neufeld to be a better than average back up. Prior to the draft, we have solid depth at receiver and tight end. So, to sum it up: there will be acrimomy amongst our Running Backs (Henry vs. McGahee), Receivers (Parrish vs. Evans&Moulds), Tight Ends(Everett vs. the recovering Campbell and Euhus). This puts tremendous pressure on the coaching staff to focus on the "getting along" part of things as opposed to strategy. I love Henry but he's gotta go because he deserves better and the situation has the potential to get ugly. I'm thinking "Flutie vs. Johnson" caliber locker room division.
                    Yeah, it does seem like we've been "Building for the future" for about 5 years

Comment

• AndreReed83
                      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                      • Mar 2004

I honestly seeing us letting Moulds play his career out in Buffalo. Roscoe and Lee were drafted to supplant Moulds 2,3, or maybe 4 years from now.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Decadeofthe90's
                        • Sep 2004

Maybe next year

I would be pleased if TD traded Travis for philly's second rounder for next year. Considering that this draft is very dull. I'm not saying there isn't anybody left this year but if we trade travis for philly's 2nd rounder in next years draft, we would have maybe two picks in the first round(if we cant resign Nate) and two second rounders in a hopefully much more talented draft...Anyone feel me.....

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by wchutalkinboutwillis
                          So, to sum it up: there will be acrimomy amongst our Running Backs (Henry vs. McGahee), Receivers (Parrish vs. Evans&Moulds), Tight Ends(Everett vs. the recovering Campbell and Euhus). This puts tremendous pressure on the coaching staff to focus on the "getting along" part of things as opposed to strategy. I love Henry but he's gotta go because he deserves better and the situation has the potential to get ugly. I'm thinking "Flutie vs. Johnson" caliber locker room division.
                          That's one way to look at it. Minus the Henry situation, I think that the competition is good. Guys will be forced to work hard and produce.

Comment

• HurryUpTom
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by AndreReed83
                            I honestly seeing us letting Moulds play his career out in Buffalo. Roscoe and Lee were drafted to supplant Moulds 2,3, or maybe 4 years from now.
                            The renegotiating that we did for Moulds this offseason seemed to indicate that this will be the last year of the deal and he'll be cut next offseason.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Decadeofthe90's
                              I would be pleased if TD traded Travis for philly's second rounder for next year. Considering that this draft is very dull. I'm not saying there isn't anybody left this year but if we trade travis for philly's 2nd rounder in next years draft, we would have maybe two picks in the first round(if we cant resign Nate) and two second rounders in a hopefully much more talented draft...Anyone feel me.....
                              I'm afraid a trade with Philly might not happen now that they picked a RB in the 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X