• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I bet if we were to go back and look...

...we'd see that a lot of you who hate today's picks also hated the McGahee pick.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
    ...we'd see that a lot of you who hate today's picks also hated the McGahee pick.
    No question.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

I didn't "hate" that pick, but it did throw me way off from what was obvious to everyone..fix our defense.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

McGahee had potential. Parrish had nothing. Even the Radio shows around here chuckled when they saw Parrish go. He was an underachieving PR. The only good player from UM this year was Rolle.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
          I didn't "hate" that pick, but it did throw me way off from what was obvious to everyone..fix our defense.
          huh? Our defense is pretty good.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

If I remember correctly, not everyone here was thrilled with Lee Evans a year ago either
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
              If I remember correctly, not everyone here was thrilled with Lee Evans a year ago either
              Good point.

Comment

• cablesabres68
                • Nov 2003

thank you lord of gun that was my point exactly

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Good point.
                  I know.

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

huh? Our defense is pretty good.
                    Is, YES.
                    Was, not.
                    Sorry log, when we need help on defense, we picked up a RB. That's the way they do things...it makes about as much sense as BogusTrumper's posts!
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                      Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                      • Jul 2002

Almost every high pick TD has made I have questioned at first. I didn't like McGahee at the time, nor Evans or Losman. My gut reaction to Parrish wasn't good either, but now I kinda like him. He's a playmaker, which we should look for in all our offensive skill players. He had just an awful QB last year, which killed his stats and team. I think he'll be very similar to Santana Moss, which definitely isn't a bad thing.

The draft isn't to fill our current holes, it's for the future.

Clearly, TD has made enough good picks that I'll trust that he knows what he's doing.

God give me style and give me grace
                      God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bling
                        McGahee had potential. Parrish had nothing. Even the Radio shows around here chuckled when they saw Parrish go. He was an underachieving PR. The only good player from UM this year was Rolle.

Parrish had 17 YPC and a horrible QB

Comment

• Bling
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                          I know I wasn't. I saw a stud in the making. I hated that pick, I knew he was going to be good. I was iffy on McGahee (leaning towards doubting). I'm just making a fair, honest assessment when I say he isn't that good.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

Well one things for sure, ive never seen a mock draft that could even come close to predict what TD would do. Evans, Wills, now Parrish. Sometime i think TD just wants throw media, and fans curve balls. Thats what makes everyone so angry. I just hope he doesn't outsmart himself.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                              Almost every high pick TD has made I have questioned at first. I didn't like McGahee at the time, nor Evans or Losman. My gut reaction to Parrish wasn't good either, but now I kinda like him. He's a playmaker, which we should look for in all our offensive skill players. He had just an awful QB last year, which killed his stats and team. I think he'll be very similar to Santana Moss, which definitely isn't a bad thing.

The draft isn't to fill our current holes, it's for the future.

Clearly, TD has made enough good picks that I'll trust that he knows what he's doing.
                              I agree, Dick! I don't have a problem with picking a receiver first, because I thought about what happens later on. But TWO of them??? That's unexplainable to me. I don't even think TD can justify that.

Comment

Working...
                              X