PDA

View Full Version : I bet if we were to go back and look...

lordofgun
04-23-2005, 11:26 PM
...we'd see that a lot of you who hate today's picks also hated the McGahee pick.

The Spaz
04-23-2005, 11:28 PM
...we'd see that a lot of you who hate today's picks also hated the McGahee pick.

No question.

mybills
I didn't "hate" that pick, but it did throw me way off from what was obvious to everyone..fix our defense.

lordofgun
I didn't "hate" that pick, but it did throw me way off from what was obvious to everyone..fix our defense.
huh? Our defense is pretty good.

Bling
McGahee had potential. Parrish had nothing. Even the Radio shows around here chuckled when they saw Parrish go. He was an underachieving PR. The only good player from UM this year was Rolle.

Philagape
04-23-2005, 11:31 PM
If I remember correctly, not everyone here was thrilled with Lee Evans a year ago either

lordofgun
04-23-2005, 11:32 PM
If I remember correctly, not everyone here was thrilled with Lee Evans a year ago either
Good point.

cablesabres68
04-23-2005, 11:32 PM
thank you lord of gun that was my point exactly

Philagape
04-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Good point.

I know.

:D

mybills
04-23-2005, 11:34 PM
huh? Our defense is pretty good.
Is, YES.
Was, not.
Sorry log, when we need help on defense, we picked up a RB. That's the way they do things...it makes about as much sense as BogusTrumper's posts!

Dicknoze69
04-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Almost every high pick TD has made I have questioned at first. I didn't like McGahee at the time, nor Evans or Losman. My gut reaction to Parrish wasn't good either, but now I kinda like him. He's a playmaker, which we should look for in all our offensive skill players. He had just an awful QB last year, which killed his stats and team. I think he'll be very similar to Santana Moss, which definitely isn't a bad thing.

The draft isn't to fill our current holes, it's for the future.

Clearly, TD has made enough good picks that I'll trust that he knows what he's doing.

Canadian'eh!
04-23-2005, 11:36 PM
McGahee had potential. Parrish had nothing. Even the Radio shows around here chuckled when they saw Parrish go. He was an underachieving PR. The only good player from UM this year was Rolle.

Parrish had 17 YPC and a horrible QB

Bling
04-23-2005, 11:36 PM

I know I wasn't. I saw a stud in the making. I hated that pick, I knew he was going to be good. I was iffy on McGahee (leaning towards doubting). I'm just making a fair, honest assessment when I say he isn't that good.

camelcowboy
04-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Well one things for sure, ive never seen a mock draft that could even come close to predict what TD would do. Evans, Wills, now Parrish. Sometime i think TD just wants throw media, and fans curve balls. Thats what makes everyone so angry. I just hope he doesn't outsmart himself.

mybills
04-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Almost every high pick TD has made I have questioned at first. I didn't like McGahee at the time, nor Evans or Losman. My gut reaction to Parrish wasn't good either, but now I kinda like him. He's a playmaker, which we should look for in all our offensive skill players. He had just an awful QB last year, which killed his stats and team. I think he'll be very similar to Santana Moss, which definitely isn't a bad thing.

The draft isn't to fill our current holes, it's for the future.

Clearly, TD has made enough good picks that I'll trust that he knows what he's doing.
I agree, Dick! I don't have a problem with picking a receiver first, because I thought about what happens later on. But TWO of them??? That's unexplainable to me. I don't even think TD can justify that. :dizzy:

lordofgun
04-23-2005, 11:42 PM
I agree, Dick! I don't have a problem with picking a receiver first, because I thought about what happens later on. But TWO of them??? That's unexplainable to me. I don't even think TD can justify that. :dizzy:For the last time: We drafted one WR and one TE.

Dicknoze69
04-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Eh, Everett is a Tight End. He has a nice skill set, similar to Euhus but much more potential. I think this Campbell's eventual replacement.

Canadian'eh!
04-23-2005, 11:43 PM

I didn't like the McGahee pick at that moment.... i did after thinking about it. at the time i though our team was good enough to contend right away. This year i don't have those expectations... If we make the playoffs I'll take it as a bonus. I know 1st year QB's struggle 99% of the time. So as long as I see JP improving over the course of the season I will be okay.

So as for these picks... I figure TD and the boys see something in them that most of the whiners don't. he was right on Lee and Willis.... and win or lose it looks like the Losman move was smart considering this years talent.... I'm not to complain about these picks... How can you not want a player named "Roscoe"??? coo coo cachoo

and for the record I LOVED the Lee Evans pick.... I had us taking him in my mocks as a 2nd early on and the 1st as his stock rose.

let's wait and see how these guys pan out.

camelcowboy
04-23-2005, 11:44 PM
I agree, Dick! I don't have a problem with picking a receiver first, because I thought about what happens later on. But TWO of them??? That's unexplainable to me. I don't even think TD can justify that. :dizzy:
I love the pick of Everrit, who is a tightend, and a need. Maybe this means Euhus, and Campbell are not healing as well as we were led to believe.

I sort of like the moves. Now we have a offense that is young and can grow together with Losman. Bills can be real scary in a couple years, but Im not sure if this makes us a better team now.

mybills
04-23-2005, 11:46 PM
For the last time: We drafted one WR and one TE.
WTF is the difference when neither of them PROTECT JP????

lordofgun
04-23-2005, 11:47 PM
WTF is the difference when neither of them PROTECT JP????TEs are known to block on occasion.

mybills
04-23-2005, 11:48 PM
:rofl:

The Spaz
04-23-2005, 11:48 PM
TEs are known to block on occasion.

I think she forgot that part.

camelcowboy
04-23-2005, 11:51 PM
WTF is the difference when neither of them PROTECT JP????
Theres four more rounds to pick up o-lineman.

A difference is a tightend provides a short target for losman to dump the ball off to.

Tightends can runblock which makes the running game better, and scares teams off from blitzing.

On some passing plays tightends can chip down, and help the tackles with DE's

I agree we need help on the line, but I am really happy with this pick.

Bling
04-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Parrish had 17 YPC and a horrible QB

2004: 43 REC 693 YDS 8 TD

And he average 3 catches a game...at COLLEGE LEVEL. I also don't remember him showing up at the FSU game. Of course, that was a while ago, so I could be wrong.

Horrible QB? Right. That's why he was the most improved player on that team after Week 2? Check out his numbers after about week 2, they were Heisman numbers for a guy without any WR's or TE's.

lordofgun
04-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Brock Berlin :rofl:

HurryUpTom
04-24-2005, 12:02 AM
When we make the playoffs ... then you can use TD's past choices as defense of his current picks.

Right now, his drafting has resulted in a team that doesn't make the playoffs. Sure, the individual results may have been ok ... but football is a team game, the parts have to work well together and ours haven't.

So, yeah, I will criticize him for not drafting an OL this year ... and sorry, I still criticize him for the McGahee pick and not drafting an OL in 2003. I think someone like Eric Steinbach would have helped us a lot more the last 2 seasons and going forward in the future than McGahee. The way I look at it, our choice in 2003 boils down to Henry and Steinbach for McGahee ... I'd take the former over the latter.

Bling
04-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Brock Berlin :rofl:

19 TDs, 3 INTs, 254 YPG in 8 games after week 3. Not horrible numbers.