PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Poll: How did the Bills do?

Mr. Cynical
04-23-2005, 11:30 PM
I totally agree. TD completely lost it this year. He is definitely the most inconsistent and polar GMs that I can think of, e.g., pulling such good and then such bad drafts, or making such good and then such bad FA decisions (Spikes and Drew).

He is most definitely on my s*** list at this point and will not come off it for awhile.

Mr. Cynical
04-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=2005nfldraftgrades#

:mad:

SABURZFAN
04-24-2005, 02:22 AM
donahoe stunk up the draft. :mad:

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 02:24 AM
donahoe stunk up the draft. :mad:
Yep.

superbills
04-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Why the hell are we grading drafts when 4/7 of the draft has yet to be decided? Talk about jumping the gun :shakeno:

SabreEleven
04-24-2005, 04:23 AM
Spikes was a bad FA decision? :scratch:

CajunBillsBacker
04-24-2005, 04:47 AM
Just curious to know what are you comparing our first two picks to to concider it a "bad draft" before the players even make their first trip to Buffalo as a member of the team?

Jan Reimers
04-24-2005, 06:44 AM
Just curious to know what are you comparing our first two picks to to concider it a "bad draft" before the players even make their first trip to Buffalo as a member of the team?
There is no answer. Just a lot of whining and crying because TD's choices didn't fit some of our preconceived notions. Parrish and Everett are both generally regarded as good players. I think one or both may make an impact this year.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2005, 06:48 AM
. . . Oh, and who cares about some stupid ESPN Poll. Do some of you really let polls influence your judgment?

YardRat
04-24-2005, 06:51 AM
ESPN's Clayton also labeled the Bills as one of this year's losers.

Clayton's a dumb-ass.

Historian
04-24-2005, 07:06 AM
I'll take a tight end at 3, but a dwarf wide receiver at 2 is just a wasted pick.

Jayhawk
04-24-2005, 07:14 AM
folks, my god, it's TWO PICKS. come back to me this time tomorrow. Oh wait this time tomorrow TD will be brunt an effigy. oh well.

Scumbag College
04-24-2005, 07:26 AM
I don't mind the picks. We do need a LT, but which LT at 55 or 86 could be drafted this year and contribute this year? Adam Terry is an OK pass blocker, but his run blocking is definately not what the Bills are looking for.

Personally, I hope Mularkey goes 5 WR often this year. Moulds, Evans, Reed, Parrish, and Fast Freddy all on the field at the same time would be fun to watch.

ryjam282
04-24-2005, 07:27 AM
I can tell you now...I am a Hurricanes fan and have seen a lot of the both of them. Parrish is a good player. A hell of a punt returner (now we can get Nate out of there), and he is a FAST receiver with very good hands. He will be tough to stop out of the slot I can tell you that much. He and Evans will be very hard to handle this season.

Everett is good as well. Not as good as the last 2 Hurricane TE's but he is no slouch. He is pretty good blocker and has great hands. Will be a nice YOUNG target for years for JP.

mayotm
04-24-2005, 07:57 AM
I totally agree. TD completely lost it this year. He is definitely the most inconsistent and polar GMs that I can think of, e.g., pulling such good and then such bad drafts, or making such good and then such bad FA decisions (Spikes and Drew).

He is most definitely on my s*** list at this point and will not come off it for awhile.

I'm sure that Donahoe cares that he's on your S**** List. Afterall, he consults the Bills Zone to make all his personel decisions. You're right, Spikes has been a disaster. Are smoking crack? Some of you people just aren't happy if you're not *****in'. These guys haven't even arrived for their press conferences and you're labeling them as busts. Give me a f***** break!

Jan Reimers
04-24-2005, 08:01 AM
I'll take a tight end at 3, but a dwarf wide receiver at 2 is just a wasted pick.
Parrish is 5' 10," 170. With 10 pounds or so on his frame, he'll be about the size of that little midget flop, Marvin Harrison.

Novacane
04-24-2005, 08:12 AM
I'm sure that Donahoe cares that he's on your S**** List. Afterall, he consults the Bills Zone to make all his personel decisions.

It's not about Donahoe. It's about us here at the zone. Mr C can get kinda repetitive when someone makes his **** list. Just ask Drew Bledsoe :snicker:

jamze132
04-24-2005, 09:29 AM
There is no answer. Just a lot of whining and crying because TD's choices didn't fit some of our preconceived notions. Parrish and Everett are both generally regarded as good players. I think one or both may make an impact this year.
:bf1: Someone else sees the light.

BAM
04-24-2005, 09:34 AM
I fail to see how you can judge a draft until the players have played at least 2 years in the NFL...

:scratch:

finsrclowns
04-24-2005, 09:35 AM
The fact is nobody knows whether the picks are good or bad. John Clayton is a dork that gets all his info from other people and he's still wrong half the time. As you recall the McGahee pick was panned in many quarters when it was made. Should we take a mulligan on that one too?

Bill Brasky
04-24-2005, 11:05 AM
at least he addressed one major problem area for the offense (TE)

MikeInRoch
04-24-2005, 11:31 AM
We're screwed now! I mean, everyone knows that you can't make the playoffs unless you do well in public opinion polls.

DaBills
04-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Ok, well, let's wait until the final round to grade things, and a few years before seeing if a player will be good or a bust. But what I will complain about is that one of our needs was on the defensive side, yet we go offensive with the first three picks? Let's talk about that.

I find it hard to believe there were no defensive options available in the second round at that point. Does MM think the D is all set? With Williams gone, that's even more pressure we won't have to put on QBs.

Is the thought process that JP will need multiple options to go to? If he's twice as mobile as DB, then I'm not worried. Let him get out of the pocket. We have WM as a strong running option. I don't think supporting JP by getting another TE and WR was our first option.

DMBcrew36
04-24-2005, 12:05 PM
some of you cynical people are so damn annoying

BuffaloRanger
04-24-2005, 12:13 PM
The fact is drafting the best player available is friggin' ******ed. Drafting the best player gives you lots of WRs and TEs but, what do you know, our Oline friggin sucks.

"Oh but McNally can build a line out of anything." Tell me that when MCGahee and Losman go down in the first 3 weeks.

"How can you judge a draft after only 2 picks" Because these are the picks that make or break a franchise. 4th and 5th rounders aren't expected to make a difference. Day 1 picks can and do all the time.

"These guys might contribute this year" WOW! What lofty goals you have for them. How about drafting someone that will contribute. Not a #4 WR and a #3 TE.

If the Bills didn't draft a WR or a TE in this draft the Bills would have been just fine.

HAMMER
04-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Just like our dwarf WR that we took in the first last year? Let the experts make the calls, they get paid for it. In comparison you and I are hacks that THINK we know what we are talking about.

HAMMER
04-24-2005, 12:22 PM
No kidding!

DMBcrew36
04-24-2005, 12:27 PM
No kidding!
I wish they would get lost or act MORE like Bills fans

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 12:28 PM
The fact is drafting the best player available is friggin' ******ed. Drafting the best player gives you lots of WRs and TEs but, what do you know, our Oline friggin sucks.

"Oh but McNally can build a line out of anything." Tell me that when MCGahee and Losman go down in the first 3 weeks.

"How can you judge a draft after only 2 picks" Because these are the picks that make or break a franchise. 4th and 5th rounders aren't expected to make a difference. Day 1 picks can and do all the time.

"These guys might contribute this year" WOW! What lofty goals you have for them. How about drafting someone that will contribute. Not a #4 WR and a #3 TE.

If the Bills didn't draft a WR or a TE in this draft the Bills would have been just fine.
:up:

Drive 4 Five
04-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Wow there is some hostility up in here. The way I see it, I am just a fan. What the hell do I know? Not to talk trash or knock on anyone, but if some of the critics (fans and idiots like John Clayton) know so damn much, then way is it that they are not managing NFL teams? Leave the expertise to the actual experts. To hell what anyone else thinks. Man some people act like we are the Bengals before Marvin Lewis & Co.

DMBcrew36
04-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow there is some hostility up in here. The way I see it, I am just a fan. What the hell do I know? Not to talk trash or knock on anyone, but if some of the critics (fans and idiots like John Clayton) know so damn much, then way is it that they are not managing NFL teams? Leave the expertise to the actual experts. To hell what anyone else thinks. Man some people act like we are the Bengals before Marvin Lewis & Co.
great post man. some of these people need to pull their heads out of their ...
and realize that they don't know that much. Lets be Bills fans here people

cordog
04-24-2005, 12:48 PM
TD has been doing this for a very long time. I think he has some clue as to what he is doing. These guys havent even put on a jersey yet and your saying this is a bad draft by td? come on.

HAMMER
04-24-2005, 01:53 PM
I wish they would get lost or act MORE like Bills fans

AMEN!

So many experts that have all the answers while Modrak and Donahoe know nothing. Some people are never happy.

The_Philster
04-24-2005, 01:54 PM

why do you think some of us aren't on the boards that much this weekend? I personally hate making posts about this stuff so soon after the selection...too easy to get overly emotional. I will say I'm not thrilled so far but I hope that they have a good workable plan to fix our bigger holes at LT and DT

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 01:56 PM
I hope that they have a good workable plan to fix our bigger holes at LT and DT
Me too.

The_Philster
04-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Munoz at 197? :pray:

Luisito23
04-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Ok, well, let's wait until the final round to grade things, and a few years before seeing if a player will be good or a bust. But what I will complain about is that one of our needs was on the defensive side, yet we go offensive with the first three picks? Let's talk about that.

I find it hard to believe there were no defensive options available in the second round at that point. Does MM think the D is all set? With Williams gone, that's even more pressure we won't have to put on QBs.

Is the thought process that JP will need multiple options to go to? If he's twice as mobile as DB, then I'm not worried. Let him get out of the pocket. We have WM as a strong running option. I don't think supporting JP by getting another TE and WR was our first option.

ALL I gotta say is look at offensive ranking and look at our deffensive ranking last year...no comparison....
SO why go after D when you can make J.P.'s job just that much simpler...........

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :bf1: :bf1: :goodpost: :goodpost:

BillsFan-N-AZ
04-24-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm sure that Donahoe cares that he's on your S**** List. Afterall, he consults the Bills Zone to make all his personel decisions. You're right, Spikes has been a disaster. Are smoking crack? Some of you people just aren't happy if you're not *****in'. These guys haven't even arrived for their press conferences and you're labeling them as busts. Give me a f***** break!
I've could not have said it better!!!! I know we are ALL very passionate fans but chill out.... Could we at least wait until the 1st pre-season game for the criticism, or at LEAST least mini camp. Geez who made ESPN all knowing anyway? if it's on TV it must be true huh? :rage: :confused:

jmb1099
04-24-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm not dissapointed so much as confused at this point. No way to know right now what to expect. Even though the draft didn't go the way it was projected its way too soon to start crying.

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 03:46 PM

Drafting average talent with your top picks because you have a hole their sucks to. Reaching for players are what put Cincy and Arizona in their decade long funk.

1959BillsFan
04-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I am confused by TD's draft more than anything. Why pay $50 for a $0.75 hamburger, then try calling it a Filet? The players we got were considered "reaches" by most analysists. I am no expert, but want to know something, very few are, even those doing the drafting.

My question arises from the fact that most of these picks could have been had at least a round later. We could have addressed a mojor question mark with the second then still have gotten Everett in the third and Parrish, or his equivilent, in the 4th.

It almost seems like we were trying to get a head start on rookie free agents by drafting some of them.

I agree that it is always to second guess, BUT....

Does this actually makes sense to anyone?

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Does this actually makes sense to anyone?
Not to me, no.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Update:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=2005nfldraftgrades

ddaryl
04-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Its a C grade. No real studs, no steals.

however we all know its a wait and see thing

CajunBillsBacker
04-24-2005, 05:41 PM
The players we got were considered "reaches" by most analysists. I am no expert, but want to know something, very few are, even those doing the drafting.

So now the analysists are the experts and the gm's are like average fans? Are these the same people who projected Wilkerson and Munoz in round 2, and Brandon Browner in round 3?
How DARE the NFL GM's and Scouts do their own scouting instead of running to the local drug mart and picking up the analysists draft guides, because obviously they are right.

Bills 4 life
04-24-2005, 06:17 PM
folks, my god, it's TWO PICKS. come back to me this time tomorrow. Oh wait this time tomorrow TD will be brunt an effigy. oh well.
i, myself, could have made 2 better picks. no question!