PDA

View Full Version : TD Defends His First Day

Romes
04-24-2005, 12:02 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/player/ivideo.jsp?file_300=http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/bills/demand/audio/042305donahoe.rm&proto=rtsp

Its on the Buffalo Bills front page.

Interesting notes:

- Bills were aggressive in seeking trades but no trade they were offered was a good deal for Bills
- Bills did not recieve an offer for a 3rd Rd pick for Henry they would have taken that.
- He said that the Bills are still open to trading Henry.
- When asked if Gandy or Teague were likely to be starting LT he replied that they still have 4 more picks in the draft.

Its a good listen. I recommend people listening to it.

HurryUpTom
04-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Has a playoff team ever started a rookie second day pick as their LT?

Canadian'eh!
04-24-2005, 12:08 AM

OT Michael Munoz... great talent but risky due to knee problems... worth a risk in 5 or 6 if he drops adn could start...we just need to hope his knees hold up.

ParanoidAndroid
04-24-2005, 12:25 AM
There was a short doalogue about centers. TD feels that there were good prospects in the middle rounds so they may look to get one.

I want Jason Brown. He's higher than Wilkerson on a few mocks.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 12:55 AM
TD never makes mistakes.

ArcticWildMan
04-24-2005, 12:58 AM
TD never makes mistakes.

Try the DECAF tomorrow. ;)

camelcowboy
04-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Thats really easy to research. How about this how many probowl left tackles were picked with the 55 pick.

camelcowboy
04-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Try the DECAF tomorrow. ;)
:roflmao:

Canadian'eh!
04-24-2005, 01:09 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/player/ivideo.jsp?file_300=http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/bills/demand/audio/042305donahoe.rm&proto=rtsp

Its on the Buffalo Bills front page.

Interesting notes:

- Bills were aggressive in seeking trades but no trade they were offered was a good deal for Bills
- Bills did not recieve an offer for a 3rd Rd pick for Henry they would have taken that.
- He said that the Bills are still open to trading Henry.
- When asked if Gandy or Teague were likely to be starting LT he replied that they still have 4 more picks in the draft.

Its a good listen. I recommend people listening to it.

Make sure you listen all the way to the end of the interview.... it just cuts out, but you can definately hear TD say ..... "and if you don't like our draft, remember... :blamelog:

AndreReed83
04-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Actually, I seem to remember ESPN running a story that nearly all OL on the Super Bowl winning teams throughout history are almost always 2nd day picks.

HurryUpTom
04-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Thats really easy to research. How about this how many probowl left tackles were picked with the 55 pick.
I care more about team success than pro bowlers ... and my comment was in reference to the post about our LT may be picked up on day 2.

Teams have had success with drafting their LT's on day 1 - just look at the Pats a few years ago and Matt Light (Super Bowl champs and he was the 50th pick).

ExWNYer
04-24-2005, 01:27 AM
OT Michael Munoz... great talent but risky due to knee problems... worth a risk in 5 or 6 if he drops adn could start...we just need to hope his knees hold up.

His dad's knees were of concern when he was drafted too and we all know how that turned out for the Bungles. I'd love to have Munoz. BTW, his dad was also coached by Jim McNally. :bf1:

leper65
04-24-2005, 05:26 AM
I believe San Diego had a lineman drafted in the 7th round last year that started all 16 games for them. I'm sure there have been a lot of the years.

Novacane
04-24-2005, 07:51 AM

:lmao: guess that tells Travis what NFL teams think of him

ryjam282
04-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Still wondering why he was happy prior to the draft...happy about being a holdout? Cause he is going nowhere.

Jersey1031
04-24-2005, 08:03 AM
There was a short doalogue about centers. TD feels that there were good prospects in the middle rounds so they may look to get one.

I want Jason Brown. He's higher than Wilkerson on a few mocks.

i definitley want brown today too

TigerJ
04-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Well, if he's being honest and was not offered a third for Henry, I can't say as I blame TD for not making the trade. I certainly would not have taken Parrish, but McNally does seem to like lower round type guys on his line. I'm not defending TD on this draft so far, but the plain truth is that it will be a couple years before we can accurately evaluate it. Sometimes good looking drafts turn out to be unproductive and terrible looking drafts end up looking pretty good after a while.

SABURZFAN
04-24-2005, 09:08 AM
SCREW DONAHOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

don137
04-24-2005, 09:10 AM
I think Bills fans have a reason to be disappointed in the draft. There is a direct correlation between good or poor drafting and making it to the playoffs. Needless to say we are one of only a handful of teams that have not made the playoffs the last four years. Coincidence or not?

jamze132
04-24-2005, 09:31 AM
I think Bills fans have a reason to be disappointed in the draft. There is a direct correlation between good or poor drafting and making it to the playoffs. Needless to say we are one of only a handful of teams that have not made the playoffs the last four years. Coincidence or not?
:blamelog: