PDA

View Full Version : Henry can still be traded for a pick next season

Alluro
04-24-2005, 07:18 AM
Travis Henry will still have to be lucky enough to avoid being dealt before the start of the season. Some teams back always gets injured and when they do, Travis Henry for a third rounder next year won't look like such a bad deal. Have patience...he'll be traded eventually

ryjam282
04-24-2005, 07:29 AM
He'll be a free agent next year. No one is gonna give up a pick for him now. Our only hope now is that ARI drops Shelton for cap reasons.

Alluro
04-24-2005, 07:32 AM
He'll be a free agent next year. No one is gonna give up a pick for him now. Our only hope now is that ARI drops Shelton for cap reasons.

Any trade, just as the case was this year, would be contingent upon travis agreeing to a long term deal beforehand.

mayotm
04-24-2005, 07:40 AM

I'm fairly certain that the Bills front office knows more than you do. Something positive is going to happen with Henry.

ryjam282
04-24-2005, 07:43 AM
I sure hope so...

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-24-2005, 07:46 AM
The only thing you might see now is Philadelphia sending a package of picks for him. Either that or a team might give a fourth this year and a conditional pick next year.

trapezeus
04-24-2005, 07:51 AM
The only thing you might see now is Philadelphia sending a package of picks for him. Either that or a team might give a fourth this year and a conditional pick next year.
I agree with this. i think if a team gave two picks late in this "deep" draft, donahoe, modrak and mularkey would bite to get a couple more picks.

I've never been one to be big on understanding the draft because i don't watch much college football. but i think, LJ shelton isn't the thing that made the bills feel like they had a trade, but that they could get some picks. our guys have a knack for getting talent in later rounds too, so maybe a couple picks for henry and/or conditional for next year makes sense. the only problem is what teams need a back at this point.

tampabay25690
04-24-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm fairly certain that the Bills front office knows more than you do. Something positive is going to happen with Henry.

I think so I think he will be traded for next year picks!!!!

Novacane
04-24-2005, 08:41 AM

I don't think the Bills like Shelton. If he was cut I bet they would not offer him much more than vet min if they even went after him.

Italian Stallion
04-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Henry will not be a Free Agent next year if he sits out, as he has said.....He will still owe the Bills a year contractually (not to mention be 2 years removed from 1300 yards) he'll just be screwing himself over more

jamze132
04-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Why are you so Anti-Henry and Pro-Shelton? Why wouldn't anyone want to trade for Travis? Why are you in love with Shelton? If Shelton was worth a crap, I'm pretty sure that Donahoe would have pulled the plug a month ago.

We aren't in the position of having to trade Henry. If he wants to sit out and be a baby, thats fine. He will not become a FA after the season. If he decides to play and half ass it, he won't have very many teams offering him millions like he expects.

Lets wait and see how the rest of the offseason pans out. I am confident that OBD knows more about the business of football than you or I.