PDA

View Full Version : Parrish Pick

ghz in pittsburgh
04-24-2005, 08:42 AM
If you look at Donahoe's draft history over WRs, he never picked anyone that small. However, in Mularkay's offense, he always needs a capable 3rd receiver who's a real weapon - he had Hines Ward and then Antwaan Rendle El. In fact if it weren't for Donahoe (who jumped ahead of Pittsburgh to pick Denny with the help of a front office secretary who got fired over this), and Mularkay (who lobbied hard for Rendal El), Antwaan would not be drafted by the Steelers at that spot.

If the Bills can get Parrish off the LOS successfully, he can be a very good asset. I do want to point out, though, that the other reputation that I worried about Mularkay shows up here: in Steel Town, Mularkay is not viewed by many as one who's hardnosed about running the ball. My Steelers friend always laugh in my face when I told them Mularkay wants to run ball control running offense. Drafting Parrish, who is not much of a blocker, simply reenforces that notion.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2005, 08:52 AM
He's an ex-QB and a great punt returner, too, right in the Mularkey "Slash" mold.