PDA

View Full Version : Clayton not sold on Bills 1st day

JayWood
04-24-2005, 09:07 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2044649

Clayton not impressed with the Bills first day. I like who we drafted but i just hope that TD has his eyes on a few OL gems today. JP has more than enough people to throw to now (moulds, evans, parish, everet, cambell, ehus, reed, willis, henry) BUT WE NEED MORE MEAT UP FRONT!!!! Will be really hard throwing from his ass all the time

SABURZFAN
04-24-2005, 09:11 AM
i'm not sold on it either. :mad:

DONAHOE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down:

clumping platelets
04-24-2005, 09:11 AM
People complained about the McGahee pick.........people are over it. I'm not overly enamoured with Everett but I like the Parrish pick. I'm willing to give these guys a chance :D

don137
04-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Like I said in another thread. Having good drafts goes a long way to making the playoffs. The Bills are one of only a handful of teams not to make the playoffs the last four years. Coincidence?

Italian Stallion
04-24-2005, 09:19 AM
What makes the all mighty Clayton an expert? Where was he yesterday during the coverage??? Oh....maybe they don't value his opinion that much...I HATE HIM

Good job TD, you'll have all the haters on this board praising you when these guys start to make plays for us.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2005, 09:24 AM
Is that the John Clayton with the extensive resume as an NFL Player Personnel Expert/ General Manager? I never care too much what these talking heads think.

BAM
04-24-2005, 09:36 AM
I like the Parrish pick. I don't know what to think about Everett but I guess we'll find out.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2005, 09:40 AM
I like the Parrish pick. I don't know what to think about Everett but I guess we'll find out.
Everett is a very athletic, fast TE with a huge upside. Many draft guides see him becoming a starting TE.

The Spaz
04-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Everett is a very athletic, fast TE with a huge upside. Many draft guides see him becoming a starting TE.

All 7 of mine have him as being a very good to great starter. Mosty have them have him with the same grade as Alex Smith from Stanford.

chubluv
04-24-2005, 10:18 AM
This is the same John clayton that said Travis was 99.9% sure Travis would be in a Cardinal jersey on draft day !!! :down:

don137
04-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Whether Parrish develops into a quality receiver is a secondary issue with me. The primary issue is TD drafted mamny WR's the last few years and those players should of developed into quality depth players so Buffalo could of drafted some other need in round 2 yesterday. Instead he had to spend another pick on a WR because he drafted poorly at WR in previous drafts.

DraftBoy
04-24-2005, 10:40 AM
He said he liked the picks but his problem was the TH trade not getting done, I dont know that you can have that hurt our draft grade