PDA

View Full Version : O darn...Parrish isn't a stud

Bling
04-24-2005, 01:18 PM
I have heard he has great hands, I've heard he wasn't a reach, I've heard his size won't matter.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/56967.html

POSITIVES: Small, yet explosive skill player with homerun hitting abilities. Quickly releases off the line, immediately gets to top speed and stretches the field vertically. Sells routes and fakes out opponents with his quickness. Gets separation, comes back to the pass and adjusts to the errant throw. Looks the ball into his hands and very quick transitioning from making the reception to running after the catch. Easily makes the difficult over the shoulder catch running full speed. Gets vertical and extends skyward to pull the throw from the air. Makes the tough reception in a crowd.

NEGATIVES: Does not display strong hands. Undersized, will have difficulty handling the jam at the next level and not a heavy-duty wideout that can take a pounding.

ANALYSIS: Speed being his greatest asset, Parrish has the abilities to be a third receiver in the NFL and a game-impacting punt returner.

PROJECTION: Early Fifth Round

Oh darn. Early 5th round? Best he could be is a 3rd WR? Game impacting PR? Would be jammed by people like Will Poole, Randall Gay, Reggie Tongue. I know that's what I'd be looking for in the 3rd round. Your fellow AFC East teams might have lost 2 great CB's, but they have added depth.

The Spaz
04-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Go tend to your sorry QB's!:up:

ryjam282
04-24-2005, 01:26 PM
5th rounder???? ESPN once again has no clue. Most mock drafts had him going in the 2nd round...Some even had him in the 1st. So, they must be smoking what Antajj is smoking.

Bling
04-24-2005, 01:29 PM
You're a Miami fan, right? Tell me, how many catches did he average on the year? How many catches against the hardest game of the schedule....FSU? Wasn't Big O complaining about the lack of WR's UM had?

Dominator77
04-24-2005, 01:48 PM
You're a Miami fan, right? Tell me, how many catches did he average on the year? How many catches against the hardest game of the schedule....FSU? Wasn't Big O complaining about the lack of WR's UM had?

Bling :negrep:

Bling
04-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Bling :negrep:

Do you really think your 1 power is going to even dent my 5000 rep?

justasportsfan
04-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Do you really think your 1 power is going to even dent my 5000 rep? that 1 power rep isn't gonna do squat...

negged.

Dominator77
04-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Who negged me?

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2005, 03:29 PM
if it was a reach in the 2nd ruond, TD wouldnt have done it. i could understand if it were a need position, but especially because its WR it shows he must have been pretty high on the board.

Gunzlingr
04-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Do you really think your 1 power is going to even dent my 5000 rep?
No, but my 24 will.

Jayhawk
04-24-2005, 04:07 PM
if it was a reach in the 2nd ruond, TD wouldnt have done it. i could understand if it were a need position, but especially because its WR it shows he must have been pretty high on the board.
:bf1:

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Teams don't draft stats- they draft measurables and talent.

Otherwise Miami would have drafted Tommy Chang with the #2 overall pick - he's thrown for a Zillion yards and a couple thousand TDs at Hawaii.

Bling
04-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Damn, I'm crushed.

Bling
04-24-2005, 05:04 PM

So I guess because it's Tom Donahoe, it's a gurantee that Parrish will be a stud? :rofl: I guess I better ask him for the Lottery numbers, he's perfect at everything.

Bling
04-24-2005, 05:07 PM

Otherwise Miami would have drafted Tommy Chang with the #2 overall pick - he's thrown for a Zillion yards and a couple thousand TDs at Hawaii.

Ok, let's talk talent. Where is the talent? Besides his amazing speed, what does he present you? I remember Donte Stallworth had blazing speed and became the 1st WR taken by the Saints. Look where that got him. So what does he have now? Is he going to get out of jams with elite CB's? Is he going to leap for that overthrown ball by that rookie QB? Is he going to catch it in playoff games like he showed us here at FSU? A lot of questions that non of you have answered.

askabry
04-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Ok, let's talk talent. Where is the talent? Besides his amazing speed, what does he present you? I remember Donte Stallworth had blazing speed and became the 1st WR taken by the Saints. Look where that got him. So what does he have now? Is he going to get out of jams with elite CB's? Is he going to leap for that overthrown ball by that rookie QB? Is he going to catch it in playoff games like he showed us here at FSU? A lot of questions that non of you have answered.

NFL.com had a very strong write up on Parrish. Coker called him the most explosive guy he'd ever seen, and NFL said he has no problems with contact.

If you think size has anything to do with ability to shed "elite" CBs (? really? in the slot he's going to be up against an opponents elite CB? Should be music to Evans/Moulds ears), then I'd heartily suggest you look under these names: Randel-El, Branch, Moss.

Suggesting we can answer all the questions is absolutely ridiculous. You can't answer all the questions about Alex Smith, QB, much less the 55th pick in the draft.

You can rest assured of this, however: he's explosive, and has lightning in his legs. You can't say that about an awful lot of our team.

mysticsoto
04-24-2005, 06:10 PM
NFL.com had a very strong write up on Parrish. Coker called him the most explosive guy he'd ever seen, and NFL said he has no problems with contact.

If you think size has anything to do with ability to shed "elite" CBs (? really? in the slot he's going to be up against an opponents elite CB? Should be music to Evans/Moulds ears), then I'd heartily suggest you look under these names: Randel-El, Branch, Moss.

Suggesting we can answer all the questions is absolutely ridiculous. You can't answer all the questions about Alex Smith, QB, much less the 55th pick in the draft.

You can rest assured of this, however: he's explosive, and has lightning in his legs. You can't say that about an awful lot of our team.
My only question is why not Jerome Mathis then? He was faster AND taller!

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2005, 06:42 PM
So I guess because it's Tom Donahoe, it's a gurantee that Parrish will be a stud? :rofl: I guess I better ask him for the Lottery numbers, he's perfect at everything.

you didnt understand a thing i said.. im saying there had to have been linemen and other more "needed" prospects above roscoe, but when it came time, they were all gone and there was no one even close to parrish value wise.

basically it came down to a 4th round prospect picked in the 2nd round, or rosco parrish....i prefer the latter.

(listen to TD on BB.com)

mypoorfriendme
04-24-2005, 06:44 PM
My only question is why not Jerome Mathis then? He was faster AND taller!

intangibles

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 06:47 PM
basically it came down to a 4th round prospect picked in the 2nd round, or rosco parrish....i prefer the latter.

(listen to TD on BB.com)
Who was TD referring to as the 4th round prospect? Terry?

RetroRaiders81
04-24-2005, 06:47 PM
5th rounder???? ESPN once again has no clue. Most mock drafts had him going in the 2nd round...Some even had him in the 1st. So, they must be smoking what Antajj is smoking.
Antajj was a steal in the 6th round for Oakland.

mayotm
04-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Damn, I'm crushed.

Crushed and a *****!

ryjam282
04-27-2005, 08:56 AM

Yes, I am a fan. I am not saying he is a Randy Moss type receiver. But he is solid. Keep in mind that he had one of the worst QB's in NCAA history throwing the ball to him the last 2 seasons. You are gonna tell me that Brock Berlin is a good QB? Check the stats, he SUCKED. He hurt Roscoe more then anything else. And that hardest game on the schedule was FSU and he did have some catches, but both defenses dominated that game if you remember. So, try again.

NJFINSFAN1
04-27-2005, 10:10 AM
I have heard he has great hands, I've heard he wasn't a reach, I've heard his size won't matter.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2005/draft/players/56967.html

POSITIVES: Small, yet explosive skill player with homerun hitting abilities. Quickly releases off the line, immediately gets to top speed and stretches the field vertically. Sells routes and fakes out opponents with his quickness. Gets separation, comes back to the pass and adjusts to the errant throw. Looks the ball into his hands and very quick transitioning from making the reception to running after the catch. Easily makes the difficult over the shoulder catch running full speed. Gets vertical and extends skyward to pull the throw from the air. Makes the tough reception in a crowd.

NEGATIVES: Does not display strong hands. Undersized, will have difficulty handling the jam at the next level and not a heavy-duty wideout that can take a pounding.

ANALYSIS: Speed being his greatest asset, Parrish has the abilities to be a third receiver in the NFL and a game-impacting punt returner.

PROJECTION: Early Fifth Round

Oh darn. Early 5th round? Best he could be is a 3rd WR? Game impacting PR? Would be jammed by people like Will Poole, Randall Gay, Reggie Tongue. I know that's what I'd be looking for in the 3rd round. Your fellow AFC East teams might have lost 2 great CB's, but they have added depth.That may be so, but the FA fullback the Bills picked up will be a stud for them! Goldsberry can play and was signed with the highest signing bonus of any free agent this year because he was in hot demand.

The Bills fans will love this guy, he will be a ST's Stud!!!

justasportsfan
04-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes, I am a fan. I am not saying he is a Randy Moss type receiver. But he is solid. Keep in mind that he had one of the worst QB's in NCAA history throwing the ball to him the last 2 seasons. You are gonna tell me that Brock Berlin is a good QB? Check the stats, he SUCKED. He hurt Roscoe more then anything else. And that hardest game on the schedule was FSU and he did have some catches, but both defenses dominated that game if you remember. So, try again.that shut Bling up. :snicker:

BTw, who picked up Berlin ? :lol:

sb_bound
04-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Marvin Harrison is only 175lbs. You don't have to be 6'4" 230 to be effective in this league. Anyone that thinks that Parrish is going to have problems getting jammed has never played a down of football in their life. The smaller the guy, the harder it is to get a good block on them. It is the small elusive receivers that get the best jump off of the line and end up not being checked (S.Moss, M. Harrison, S. Smith, W. Chrebet). This is exactly the type of receiver that the Bills needed to complement Moulds and Evans.

Bye the way, every scouting service except the one that you quoted says that hands are one of Parrish's strong suits. Some sites went as far as to say that he is one of the most reliable receivers in the draft. Leave it to SI to mess up another player eval.

Last year I believe that their negatives for Lee Evans were

Not explosive off the line. Not a reliable deep threat. Questionable route runner.

Boy they hit that one right on the head.:doh:

Sorry it wasn't SI that screwed up the Evans eval it was NFL.com

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Think Randle El here. He reminds me of him.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Throw those stupid draft books out the window they don't mean crap! Do you think that the TD and the Bill's scouts are trying to sabotage the team? They pick who they feel will best fit the system. I trust that they are doing their best to put together a winner. Losing immediatly affects their well being much more than us fans. These draft guides are put together by scouts that didn't cut it or are retired and don't watch as much game film. I like how People were so pissed about wilkerson. The guy didn't even get drafted!

nodnarb
04-27-2005, 11:10 AM
:bf1:

just because one unemployed nfl scout working for SI writes that about parrish, it must be true? OH MY! It must also be true then that Antajj Hawthorne was a first round prospect, and that Aaron Rogers was the best QB prospect, and Earnest Shazor is at WORST a 3rd rounder...etc. and on and on.

GIVE THE KID A CHANCE TO PLAY BEFORE YOU GET PISSED, dumbass.

ryjam282
04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Is Bling a Fins fan?

TigerJ
04-27-2005, 12:55 PM
If the ratings of draft pundits could be relied upon then such supposedly highly rated players like Michael Munoz and Ben Wilkerson would not have dropped completely out of the draft. Each team has their own criteria for evaluating potential draftees. The Bills have good scouts who may not agree with Mel Kiper and Ourlads. We shouldn't be too alarmed at seeing 5th round ratings from a pundit on a player Buffalo picked in round 2. We need to wait and see.

TD and Buffalo does make mistakes from time to time, but they've also made some good choices, and sometimes those choices were dissed by the so called experts. I recently saw a post draft evaluation from 2003 that called Terrence McGee a "wasted pick." Oh really!

Bling
04-27-2005, 03:08 PM

I'll agree with that.

Bling
04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Keep in mind that he had one of the worst QB's in NCAA history throwing the ball to him the last 2 seasons. You are gonna tell me that Brock Berlin is a good QB? Check the stats, he SUCKED. He hurt Roscoe more then anything else. And that hardest game on the schedule was FSU and he did have some catches, but both defenses dominated that game if you remember. So, try again.

LMAO. UM fan? What games were you watching? Look at these stats.
Jason Campbell
Pass Att Pass Com Pass Com Pct Pass Yds Pass Int Pass TD
270 188 69.6 2700 7 20
Brock Berlin
348 195 56 2680 6 22

Besides the 13 pt. difference in PCT. Brock Berlin is in the same water as Jason Campbell. Jason Campbell also had a better running game, better Defense and better WR's. Now tell me Brock Berlin sucked. He was just an underachiever by UM standards.

Of course both Defenses dominated. The Super Bowl was a Bowl of Defenses, yet Branch and TO managed to get how many catches? More than Roscoe Parrish did against elite college Defenses. He wasn't even the best receiver on his team that day vs. FSU. Santana Moss's brother was.

justasportsfan
04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
LMAO. UM fan? What games were you watching? Look at these stats.
Jason Campbell
Pass Att Pass Com Pass Com Pct Pass Yds Pass Int Pass TD
270 188 69.6 2700 7 20
Brock Berlin
348 195 56 2680 6 22

Besides the 13 pt. difference in PCT. Brock Berlin is in the same water as Jason Campbell. Jason Campbell also had a better running game, better Defense and better WR's. Now tell me Brock Berlin sucked. He was just an underachiever by UM standards.

Of course both Defenses dominated. The Super Bowl was a Bowl of Defenses, yet Branch and TO managed to get how many catches? More than Roscoe Parrish did against elite college Defenses. He wasn't even the best receiver on his team that day vs. FSU. Santana Moss's brother was.Didn't Berlin have Winslow Jr? Why was Berlin picked up as a FA if he was in the same league as Campbell? You must be better than those idiot NFL coaches then.

Bling
04-27-2005, 03:31 PM
you didnt understand a thing i said.. im saying there had to have been linemen and other more "needed" prospects above roscoe, but when it came time, they were all gone and there was no one even close to parrish value wise.

(listen to TD on BB.com)

Ever thought about Adam Terry LT from Syracuse? He was taken 9 picks later to the Ravens. That's not 4th round prospect. Fact of the matter is that you take needs over stacking your ST unit up in the 2nd round.

Bling
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Didn't Berlin have Winslow Jr? Why was Berlin picked up as a FA if he was in the same league as Campbell? You must be better than those idiot NFL coaches then.

btw, I was referring to this year, buddy. Winslow Jr was drafted last year. Berlin was better this year with less tools than last year.

Bling
04-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Throw those stupid draft books out the window they don't mean crap! Do you think that the TD and the Bill's scouts are trying to sabotage the team? They pick who they feel will best fit the system. I trust that they are doing their best to put together a winner. Losing immediatly affects their well being much more than us fans. These draft guides are put together by scouts that didn't cut it or are retired and don't watch as much game film. I like how People were so pissed about wilkerson. The guy didn't even get drafted!

Isn't he the same one that drafted Reed? Didn't he trade a 1st for Bledsoe? I guess the guy does make mistakes.

TedMock
04-27-2005, 03:38 PM
I have no idea how Parrish or Terry will pan out, but everybody needs to realize that Baltimore did not draft Terry to be their left tackle. They've already said that they're going to try him out at guard first, then right tackle. They feel he may be better suited to play guard, but "we'll see" according to Billick. I live in Maryland, and watched him say those exact words on the local news. They have a guy by the name of Jonathan Ogden that's going to man the left tackle spot. Maybe the Bills feel that he's not left tackle material as well. I don't know, just speculating.

Bling
04-27-2005, 03:39 PM
The Bills fans will love this guy, he will be a ST's Stud!!!

:brown:

Second off, who drafts ST studs other than K's in the 2nd round? Miami has a great PR/KR....and he wasn't even drafted. Don't give me the crap about ST's stud. He wasn't drafted for those reasons.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Isn't he the same one that drafted Reed? Didn't he trade a 1st for Bledsoe? I guess the guy does make mistakes.

Who said he doesn't? We are human. Most here were happy when those 2 things happened.