PDA

View Full Version : The end for Tucker?

HurryUpTom
04-24-2005, 02:39 PM
I've never been a big fan of Tucker and now that we've drafted two guys and signed a free agent, all of which play the same positions as Tucker, is this the end of him as a Bill?

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 02:41 PM
The end for Pucillo.

We will see who wins out in camp

Scumbag College
04-24-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't think you can tell at this point. I would think not, Tucker can play C and G. Just because they used a 6th round pick on a player, doesn't always mean a veteran is on his way out.

HurryUpTom
04-24-2005, 02:44 PM
I thought the end of Pucillo had already occurred.

Currently, I'm thinking at the C/G position, we have Teague, Villerial, Anderson, Tucker, Smith, Preston, and Geisinger.

I don't see us keeping 7 guys that play in the middle of the line ... most likely 5, maybe 4 or 6.

Scumbag College
04-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Maybe the end for Justin Bannan, whom was supposed to move to G permanently.

zone
04-24-2005, 02:45 PM
23 197 Buffalo Geisinger, Justin G 6-4 322 Vanderbilt

Good pick IMO!

Ed
04-24-2005, 02:46 PM
I think the fact that Tucker can play multiple positions makes him a valuable back-up. I think there's room for Tucker even if we draft some younger guys. Our O-line always suffers injuries and I'd rather have Tucker going in there who actually has some experience as a starter then a late round rookie.

HurryUpTom
04-24-2005, 02:58 PM
I think the fact that Tucker can play multiple positions makes him a valuable back-up. I think there's room for Tucker even if we draft some younger guys. Our O-line always suffers injuries and I'd rather have Tucker going in there who actually has some experience as a starter then a late round rookie.
McNally declined to bring in Tucker when he was with the Giants and Tucker could have been available to anyone.

He also seems to have a large say in the OL that we bring in and all we have brought in since McNally came on board are interior linemen.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I think he'll be no worse than a solid backup at C and G. He's a smart kid with a mean streak.