X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HurryUpTom
    • Mar 2005

The end for Tucker?

I've never been a big fan of Tucker and now that we've drafted two guys and signed a free agent, all of which play the same positions as Tucker, is this the end of him as a Bill?
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

The end for Pucillo.

We will see who wins out in camp

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

I don't think you can tell at this point. I would think not, Tucker can play C and G. Just because they used a 6th round pick on a player, doesn't always mean a veteran is on his way out.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• HurryUpTom
        • Mar 2005

I thought the end of Pucillo had already occurred.

Currently, I'm thinking at the C/G position, we have Teague, Villerial, Anderson, Tucker, Smith, Preston, and Geisinger.

I don't see us keeping 7 guys that play in the middle of the line ... most likely 5, maybe 4 or 6.

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

Maybe the end for Justin Bannan, whom was supposed to move to G permanently.
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• zone
            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
            • Oct 2003

23 197 Buffalo Geisinger, Justin G 6-4 322 Vanderbilt

Good pick IMO!
            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

I think the fact that Tucker can play multiple positions makes him a valuable back-up. I think there's room for Tucker even if we draft some younger guys. Our O-line always suffers injuries and I'd rather have Tucker going in there who actually has some experience as a starter then a late round rookie.

Comment

• HurryUpTom
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                I think the fact that Tucker can play multiple positions makes him a valuable back-up. I think there's room for Tucker even if we draft some younger guys. Our O-line always suffers injuries and I'd rather have Tucker going in there who actually has some experience as a starter then a late round rookie.
                McNally declined to bring in Tucker when he was with the Giants and Tucker could have been available to anyone.

He also seems to have a large say in the OL that we bring in and all we have brought in since McNally came on board are interior linemen.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Ed
                  Yeah, I think he'll be no worse than a solid backup at C and G. He's a smart kid with a mean streak.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                  X