PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills adding Miami flavor

The_Philster
04-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Suspend for a moment the obvious snowy winter versus sandy beach comparison. Buffalo and Miami suddenly have a little more in common after the NFL draft.

The Bills offense is beginning to resemble the University of Miami north after selecting receiver Roscoe Parrish and tight end Kevin Everett with their first two picks Saturday. They join another former Hurricanes star, running back Willis McGahee, selected by Buffalo in the first round in 2003.

It's no coincidence, Bills scout Joe Haering said Sunday.

The Hurricanes' long tradition of success and of developing NFL-caliber players makes Miami an attractive stop on a pro scout's itinerary...more (http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050424/APS/504240742)

Ed
04-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Parrish and McGahee share the same agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and spent the past few months working out together. McGahee was among the first to call Parrish to congratulate him on his selection.

"He was telling me how it's a good football city, how the fans love Buffalo and how he adapted to the weather quick," Parrish said. "I'm willing to adapt to the weather quick."

It's nice to see McGahee speaking positively about Buffalo and the fans. I always wonder how much the weather plays a factor in players wanting to play for Buffalo, especially for players who are from the south or other warm climates.