PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts

Pride
04-24-2005, 03:48 PM
1. I was initially appaulled by the 2nd round choice of the Miami WR, Parrish. But as I think about it... I do believe that we are giving JP all of the tools he needs. He will have Moulds, Evans, Parrish, and Reed.

This also leads into next year, where I feel Moulds will be gone... allowing Parrish to move into #2, and Reed to stay on as #3, as long as he doesnt play any worse this season.

2. I feel with the selections of interior OL men in the middle rounds, TD is doing 1 of 2 things. Either he is still working for shelton or another Tackle, he is moving Teague to LT, or he is happy with Gandy there. I am happy with the center pickup, I dont feel you need a super athlete there, a smart steady as a rock type of guy is good enough.

Jayhawk
04-24-2005, 03:57 PM
but we still didn't deal henry. wasted draft.

EDS
04-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Why is it a wasted draft? The Bills added alot of speed on offense and some good o-line prospects. They also added another corner in the McGee mold.

At worst Henry is a great back-up running back at an affordable price.

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 04:01 PM
If nobody offered anything, what are youi going to do?

Seriously? Dump him for a used toothbrush?

What would you say if Henry was gone, and the Bills signed a guy to back up Willis for $1.25 million for a year, a guy with 3000 yards and 30 TDs over the past 3 years?

Would that make you feel better?

You can't point a gun at people and demand they take Henry for a 2nd or a third.

Dicknoze69
04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
If nobody offered anything, what are youi going to do?

Seriously? Dump him for a used toothbrush?

What would you say if Henry was gone, and the Bills signed a guy to back up Willis for $1.25 million for a year, a guy with 3000 yards and 30 TDs over the past 3 years?

Would that make you feel better?

You can't point a gun at people and demand they take Henry for a 2nd or a third.

Ahh...I love when someone is rational.

jbisset
04-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Do you think Parrish will start next year? He is fast. However, he does not have the best hands. I do not know too much about Parrish.

justasportsfan
04-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Josh Reed is in his last year of contract. Aiken hasn't shown anything. Moulds will restructure or be gone.

Keeping Willis is not a bad thing. We are set to be a smashmouth team since we hired guys like Anderson, Villarial and don't forget Mike Williams. All of whom are better run blockers than pass blockers. We even drafted a Center who's a run blocker.

Don't forget, when Mularkey was the OC of Pitts, they had the no.1 rush O that slipped to no.4 when their line got injured. Willis would be added insurance.

You also rmember Olandis Gary? Didn't we end up getting a 4th for him when the Lions no.1 back got injured at camp?

Bills 4 life
04-24-2005, 06:06 PM
I WOULD HAVE DEALT OUR 2ND AND 3RD FOR NUGENT..PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF THIS IS WHAT WE'D END UP WITH. (SORRY BOUT THE CAPS..I'M LIVID)

askabry
04-24-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure that Parrish will ever make it to the #2 guy here, and that won't make his career a bust.

He could tally as much as 3800 yards in total offense, between punt returns (1400), the #2 KR (1500), catches (I'd guess 120 @ 12.5 per) in three years) and odd runs and passing the option. And his versitility could add thousands of yards to the offense simply because he represents another threat to be accounted for. Randel-El has made a great career doing pretty much the same thing.

And although I see it as the end to Reed, and won't cry a tear for it, I still think Aiken has the better shot at #2.

mysticsoto
04-24-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure that Parrish will ever make it to the #2 guy here, and that won't make his career a bust.

He could tally as much as 3800 yards in total offense, between punt returns (1400), the #2 KR (1500), catches (I'd guess 120 @ 12.5 per) in three years) and odd runs and passing the option. And his versitility could add thousands of yards to the offense simply because he represents another threat to be accounted for. Randel-El has made a great career doing pretty much the same thing.

And although I see it as the end to Reed, and won't cry a tear for it, I still think Aiken has the better shot at #2.
I agree. It seems like in everything I read about Parrish, it hints that he is destined to always be a 3rd, really fast, WR. I think a Vincent Jackson would have been ideal - a slightly slower and shorter Matt Jones. He would present a problem on matchups for either CBs or LBs. We never seem to want to exploit inconsistent matchups. Jason Peters was never used as a TE either. Seems like Mularkey and the Bills FO are too busy trying to get speed to use trick plays instead of just playing hard up football and use any inconsistent matchups to our advantage!