PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted Free Agents

The Spaz
04-24-2005, 03:58 PM
I don't know about you but the draft doesn't stop for me I always like seeing who we bring in as an undrafted free agent and who could be a possible sleeper.:up::beers:

The_Philster
04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Rashad Baker
Jabari Greer

Pat Williams

just a few of the successes we've had with UDFA :up:

EDS
04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Other undrafted free agent success stories for the Hawks are Keion Carpenter, Jason Peters, Shad Williams, and Josh Stamer.

Jayhawk
04-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Walter Reyes will be out there, and we should stash him on the ps for a year as a developement RB

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Munoz might be one of those UDFA's the Bills grab. He has connections to McNally through his father. I can see him as a practice player /NFLE guy if he doesn't get drafted.

Canadian'eh!
04-24-2005, 04:28 PM
OT Michael Munoz
SS-LB Ernest Shazor
CB-FS Brandon Browner
C Ben Wilkerson
QB Timmy Chang
QB Jason White
RB TA McLendon
TE Alex Holmes
LB Leroy Hill

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-24-2005, 04:30 PM
OT Michael Munoz
SS-LB Ernest Shazor
CB-FS Brandon Browner
C Ben Wilkerson
QB Timmy Chang
QB Jason White
RB TA McLendon
TE Alex Holmes
LB Leroy Hill
Leroy Hill went 98 to Seattle. One UDFA LB I like is Mike Goolsby from Notre Dame.

Jayhawk
04-24-2005, 04:33 PM
TA McClendon is too injured and too fumble prone

Mahdi
04-24-2005, 04:53 PM
When do we know which UDFA's we signed?

The_Philster
04-24-2005, 04:55 PM

as soon as they get signed, we should get some notification...tonight, tomorrow..

The Spaz
04-24-2005, 04:56 PM

As soon as a couple hours or as late as tomorrow morning or so.

Mahdi
04-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks!

Kerr
04-24-2005, 04:58 PM
I would like for us to bring in Shazor and Browner.

Crisis
04-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Shazor and Wilkenson

mysticsoto
04-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Munoz is a good idea. I'd also suggest the following:

1. Marcus Lawrence - ILB - 6'2", 243 lbs, 4.64

<table align="center" border="0" height="150" width="70%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"><td colspan="3">Strengths: Good size...Strong, tough and likes to hit...Has a true linebackers mentality...Has excellent instincts...Adept at stuffing the run as well as dropping back into coverage...Has some pass rush ability...Makes plays all over the field...Still has a high upside.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Weaknesses: Doesn't have a lot of experience...Raw and needs to work on refining his technique...Has only average speed...Can be too aggressive at times and takes bad angles.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Notes: Highly recruited transfer from Butler County Junior College...Has only played two years of major college football but has what it takes to make an impact at the next level...Intriguing prospect who will only continue to get better and improve.</td></tr></tbody> </table>

2. Ernest Shazor - S/OLB - 6'3, 228 lbs, 4.70

<table align="center" border="0" height="150" width="70%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"><td colspan="3">Strengths: Great size...Explosive...Good speed...A punishing tackler...Very physical and loves to hit...A playmaker...Not afraid to come up and support the run...Still has a lot of upside.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Weaknesses: Raw and still developing...Needs to work on his technique...Can be too aggressive at times...Not really a ballhawk...May be a bit of a S / OLB 'tweener and need to work on his body depending on which position he plays.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Notes: Highly touted prep recruit...Hasn't reached his full potential and has all the physical tools you look for...Could develop into a top all-around safety...Some teams may look at him as a potential linebacker prospect as well.</td></tr></tbody> </table>
3. Rhys Lloyd - K - 6'1", 220 lbs, 4.9

<table align="center" border="0" height="150" width="70%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"><td colspan="3">Strengths: Clutch kicker with nerves of steel...Versatile and handled both the kicking and punting duties for the Gophers...Good size and athletic ability...Has a strong leg and is good from 50+ yards...Can also kickoff.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Weaknesses: May take things too lightly at times and may be a little immature...Needs to do a little better job in terms of his consistency and technique.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Notes: Originally from Dover, England...Was a JUCO All-American at Rochester Community and Technical College...A fun loving kid and a character.</td></tr></tbody> </table>
4. Brandon Browner - CB - 6'3", 221 lbs, 4.60

<table align="center" border="0" height="175" width="70%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"><td colspan="3">Strengths: Has excellent size...Very good speed with great athleticism...Has been very productive and has a nose for the ball...A playmaker in the secondary...Very physical...Does a nice job in man coverage situations...Still has a ton of upside.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Weaknesses: Doesn't have a lot of experience and has only played two years of college football...May be a bit of a CB / S 'tweener...Will need to run well in workouts...Raw and still needs a lot of work in terms of his technique.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Notes: Has been one of the premier corners in the Pac-10 during his two seasons with the Beavers...Potentially a special player if he continues to develop...Has the type of rare size, speed and athleticism professional teams covet.</td></tr></tbody> </table>
5. Erik Pears - OT - 6'8", 312 lbs, 5.12

<table align="center" border="0" height="150" width="70%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"><td colspan="3">Strengths: Has great size and the frame to get bigger and add some bulk...Has good athletic ability and moves well...Strong and physically imposing...Has a footballs players mentality...Works hard...Experienced.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Weaknesses: Plays too high at times and needs to play with better leverage...Needs to work on his technique...Is not very explosive...Can improve as a run blocker...Will get pushed back at times.</td></tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td colspan="3">Notes: Brother Morgan also played for Colorado St. and was a prospect just a while back...Has an excellent combination of size, speed and athleticism...An interesting developmental prospect with the physical tools to eventually start at the pro level.</td></tr></tbody> </table>
Atleast getting some of these potentials might help make up for what appeared to be a weak drafting of players!!!!

Ferrygoat
04-24-2005, 05:26 PM
what happened to brandon browner? i seen a couple mock drafts with him going somewhere in the 2nd round. anyone know if he sucked it up at the combine?

jpdex12
04-24-2005, 05:29 PM
OT Michael Munoz
SS-LB Ernest Shazor
CB-FS Brandon Browner
C Ben Wilkerson
QB Timmy Chang
QB Jason White
RB TA McLendon
TE Alex Holmes
LB Leroy Hill
What about:
Kay-Jay Harris RB
Kyle Eckel FB
Fred Gibson WR
Adam Bergen TE
Vince Carter C
CJ Brooks G
Justin Perkins CB
James Butler S
Lance Mitchell ILB
Chris Canty DE
Anthony Bryant DT

Nighthawk
04-24-2005, 05:33 PM
What about:
Kay-Jay Harris RB
Kyle Eckel FB
Fred Gibson WR
Adam Bergen TE
Vince Carter C
CJ Brooks G
Justin Perkins CB
James Butler S
Lance Mitchell ILB
Chris Canty DE
Anthony Bryant DT

You need to do some homework before you throw names out there...

Canty went to the Cowboys & Fred Gibson went to the Steelers. I didn't research the rest of your guys, but those 2 are definitely gone.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2005, 05:36 PM
what happened to brandon browner? i seen a couple mock drafts with him going somewhere in the 2nd round. anyone know if he sucked it up at the combine?
The problem with Browner was that he logged in some very slow 40 times prior to the draft. He's a physical cover man and, with the new pass defense rules, there was concern that he would not be able to play his game and doesn't have the speed to be effective with the new rules.

Several draft guides I saw said that he would probably end up having to make the switch to safety.

I'm not sure that I would want the Bills to bring him in as a CB and they really don't need a safety at this stage with Greer and Vincent.

Nighthawk
04-24-2005, 05:38 PM
What about:
Kay-Jay Harris RB
Kyle Eckel FB
Fred Gibson WR
Adam Bergen TE
Vince Carter C
CJ Brooks G
Justin Perkins CB
James Butler S
Lance Mitchell ILB
Chris Canty DE
Anthony Bryant DT

Bryant went to the Bucs & Mitchell went to the Cards. Forget them also.

Ferrygoat
04-24-2005, 05:38 PM
OT Michael Munoz
SS-LB Ernest Shazor
CB-FS Brandon Browner
C Ben Wilkerson
QB Timmy Chang
QB Jason White
RB TA McLendon
TE Alex Holmes
LB Leroy Hill
i like most of these guys, i'd be real happy if the bills picked up a few, i dont like qb Jason White, Timmy Chang is better but i dont like him either. But other than them two i would take anybody on that list

mysticsoto
04-24-2005, 05:46 PM
The problem with Browner was that he logged in some very slow 40 times prior to the draft. He's a physical cover man and, with the new pass defense rules, there was concern that he would not be able to play his game and doesn't have the speed to be effective with the new rules.

Several draft guides I saw said that he would probably end up having to make the switch to safety.

I'm not sure that I would want the Bills to bring him in as a CB and they really don't need a safety at this stage with Greer and Vincent.
I wouldn't worry that much about Browner. Everything else I had seen of him in the past showed his speed just fine. He did have a bad combine performance, but that doesn't mean he always performs in that way. I'd bring him in and give him a chance...

BBUnit1974
04-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Is Derek Wake(olb) and Gausen still out there as udfa?

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I would like to see them bring in some of these guys:

Michael Munoz OT, Tennessee
Ernest Shazor SS, Michigan
Ben Wilkerson C, LSU
Jesse Lumsden RB, Canada
KJ Harris RB, West Virginia
T.Jones K, Boise State
J.Nichols K, Mississippi
J.Rosegreen S, Auburn
J.Leech S, USC
L.Reid CB, N.C.State
E.Coleman DT, Clemson
M.McChesney DT, Colorado
S.Thomas DT, Miami
T.King, DE, UConn
S.Fraser DE, Ohio State
J.Colon OT, Florida
J.Doty OT, Kansas St.
E.Pears OT, Colorado St.
D.DeLone OT, Nebraska
S.Lightbody OT, Washington St.
M.Randall QB, LSU
D.Durrant QB, North Carolina
S.Savoy WR, Utah
M.Goolsby LB, Notre Dame

There are a couple of others that I might add to this list, but I would be satisfied if the Bills signed a number of the guys on this list, even though a couple of them are developmental prospects who would probably need a year or two on the practice squad before they would be able to play a lot.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Is Derek Wake(olb) and Gausen still out there as udfa?
I believe that they both are.

BBUnit1974
04-24-2005, 07:38 PM
bring them both to buffalo i like this kids!!!

Slim
04-24-2005, 08:47 PM
i'd like to see us bring in a kicker, im sick of lindell:down:

bigbub2352
04-24-2005, 09:21 PM
anybody know about j.r russel lousiville wr

bigbub2352
04-24-2005, 09:23 PM
kj harris, ben wilkerson, mike munoz, ernest shazor, s.thomas ,j.colon would all be solid

DraftBoy
04-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Wilkerson, Munoz, Rosegreen, Chang, Rix, and a K would be who Id want

kardshark19
04-24-2005, 09:32 PM
George Gause may turn out to be pretty good. I think we should give him a look.

The Spaz
04-24-2005, 09:34 PM
George Gause may turn out to be pretty good. I think we should give him a look.

I'm pretty sure Gause was drafted.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2005, 09:53 PM
anybody know about j.r russel lousiville wr
He was one of the last players taken or I would have had him on my list.

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Rashad Baker
Jabari Greer

Pat Williams

just a few of the successes we've had with UDFA :up:

Don't forget Williams. :up:

Munoz is a good idea. I'd also suggest the following:

1. Marcus Lawrence - ILB - 6'2&quot;, 243 lbs, 4.64

&lt;table align=&quot;center&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; height=&quot;150&quot; width=&quot;70%&quot;&gt; &lt;tbody&gt;&lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Strengths: Good size...Strong, tough and likes to hit...Has a true linebackers mentality...Has excellent instincts...Adept at stuffing the run as well as dropping back into coverage...Has some pass rush ability...Makes plays all over the field...Still has a high upside.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Weaknesses: Doesn't have a lot of experience...Raw and needs to work on refining his technique...Has only average speed...Can be too aggressive at times and takes bad angles.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Notes: Highly recruited transfer from Butler County Junior College...Has only played two years of major college football but has what it takes to make an impact at the next level...Intriguing prospect who will only continue to get better and improve.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt; &lt;/table&gt;

2. Ernest Shazor - S/OLB - 6'3, 228 lbs, 4.70

&lt;table align=&quot;center&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; height=&quot;150&quot; width=&quot;70%&quot;&gt; &lt;tbody&gt;&lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Strengths: Great size...Explosive...Good speed...A punishing tackler...Very physical and loves to hit...A playmaker...Not afraid to come up and support the run...Still has a lot of upside.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Weaknesses: Raw and still developing...Needs to work on his technique...Can be too aggressive at times...Not really a ballhawk...May be a bit of a S / OLB 'tweener and need to work on his body depending on which position he plays.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Notes: Highly touted prep recruit...Hasn't reached his full potential and has all the physical tools you look for...Could develop into a top all-around safety...Some teams may look at him as a potential linebacker prospect as well.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt; &lt;/table&gt;
3. Rhys Lloyd - K - 6'1&quot;, 220 lbs, 4.9

&lt;table align=&quot;center&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; height=&quot;150&quot; width=&quot;70%&quot;&gt; &lt;tbody&gt;&lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Strengths: Clutch kicker with nerves of steel...Versatile and handled both the kicking and punting duties for the Gophers...Good size and athletic ability...Has a strong leg and is good from 50+ yards...Can also kickoff.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Weaknesses: May take things too lightly at times and may be a little immature...Needs to do a little better job in terms of his consistency and technique.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Notes: Originally from Dover, England...Was a JUCO All-American at Rochester Community and Technical College...A fun loving kid and a character.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt; &lt;/table&gt;
4. Brandon Browner - CB - 6'3&quot;, 221 lbs, 4.60

&lt;table align=&quot;center&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; height=&quot;175&quot; width=&quot;70%&quot;&gt; &lt;tbody&gt;&lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Strengths: Has excellent size...Very good speed with great athleticism...Has been very productive and has a nose for the ball...A playmaker in the secondary...Very physical...Does a nice job in man coverage situations...Still has a ton of upside.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Weaknesses: Doesn't have a lot of experience and has only played two years of college football...May be a bit of a CB / S 'tweener...Will need to run well in workouts...Raw and still needs a lot of work in terms of his technique.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Notes: Has been one of the premier corners in the Pac-10 during his two seasons with the Beavers...Potentially a special player if he continues to develop...Has the type of rare size, speed and athleticism professional teams covet.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt; &lt;/table&gt;
5. Erik Pears - OT - 6'8&quot;, 312 lbs, 5.12

&lt;table align=&quot;center&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; height=&quot;150&quot; width=&quot;70%&quot;&gt; &lt;tbody&gt;&lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Strengths: Has great size and the frame to get bigger and add some bulk...Has good athletic ability and moves well...Strong and physically imposing...Has a footballs players mentality...Works hard...Experienced.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Weaknesses: Plays too high at times and needs to play with better leverage...Needs to work on his technique...Is not very explosive...Can improve as a run blocker...Will get pushed back at times.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#ffffff&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt; &lt;td colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;Notes: Brother Morgan also played for Colorado St. and was a prospect just a while back...Has an excellent combination of size, speed and athleticism...An interesting developmental prospect with the physical tools to eventually start at the pro level.&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt; &lt;/table&gt;
Atleast getting some of these potentials might help make up for what appeared to be a weak drafting of players!!!!

Thanks for the list dude, I hope we can bring in all, or at least most of those guys as UDFAs. :posrep:

jpdex12
04-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Bryant went to the Bucs & Mitchell went to the Cards. Forget them also.
Damn, I didn't realize that I missed those picks. Thanks for cleaning my mess up! I did plenty of homework, but got bored waiting so long in between our picks. I cannot believe that we were one of a few that didn't move around any.

kardshark19
04-25-2005, 01:01 AM
I'm pretty sure Gause was drafted.
No he wasn't...I didn't see his name in any of the rounds. I say we give him a shot if he will come to Buffalo.

Lone Stranger
04-25-2005, 06:13 AM
The Bills have yet to pick up a DT. Seems odd; we don't have a superabundance of talent at that position.

mysticsoto
04-25-2005, 08:25 AM
The Bills have yet to pick up a DT. Seems odd; we don't have a superabundance of talent at that position.
I think they are happy with Anderson, Edwards and Sape. And now Bannan is moving back to become depth at that position again.

Sportsuser101
04-25-2005, 09:33 AM
I like our DTs.

Hounds
04-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Fb out of Purdue Jon Goldsberry has signed with the Bills as a free agent according to a Purdue website. I also saw that a corner back named Rob Lee has signed but I dont know anything about him.

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Holy crap Ben Wilkerson went undrafted. :eek:

Jan Reimers
04-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Fb out of Purdue Jon Goldsberry has signed with the Bills as a free agent according to a Purdue website. I also saw that a corner back named Rob Lee has signed but I dont know anything about him.
There's a Ron Lee out of Northern Illinois whois rated as a marginal prospect.

Hounds
04-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Remember last year everyone was so surprised that Peters wasnt drafted I think the Bills got lucky and he will turn into a great player.(the blocked punt alone was great) So I hope they can sign the player eveyone seems to be amazed by this year in Wilkerson and have hime turn out great as well.

Jayhawk
04-25-2005, 10:55 AM
watch wilkerson get picked up by miami

ryjam282
04-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Hell, I would take that guy, especially as an UDFA. He could be big.

mysticsoto
04-25-2005, 11:00 AM
These are still top prospects that are undrafted - C'mon guys, I know you're tired from the weekend, but get some of these guys in here before they are taken!!!

Brandon Browner (CB) - 6'4, 221 lbs - Browner is a physically strong athlete with a tall, muscular frame, long arms, V-shaped torso, good bubble, thick thighs and calves

Erik Pears (OT) - 6'8, 312 lbs - Has great size and the frame to get bigger and add some bulk...Has good athletic ability and moves well...Strong and physically imposing...Has a footballs players mentality...Works hard...Experienced.

Ernest Shazor (SS) - 6'4", 220 lbs - possible future replacement for Coy Wire. Built like a linebacker but blessed with the speed of a cornerback, Shazor is the prototype strong safety -- big, strong, aggressive and quick. He has drawn comparisons to Philadelphia Eagles standout Brian Dawkins for his explosive burst and knack for making big plays.

Antuan Rogers (CB) - 6'2", 172 lbs, 4.39 - Good height and lanky frame with long arms...Has a ton of experience having started four years...Good speed...Shows solid technique. Needs to get stronger...

Isaac West (WR) - 5'11", 187 lbs, 4.37 - If you are craving speed - this guy has it! Very fast and quick...Elusive and an excellent runner after the catch...Tremendous natural athlete with a 38-inch vertical jump...Very strong and physical...Productive at his level.