PDA

View Full Version : TD's Final Draft Thoughts

Romes
04-24-2005, 06:25 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/player/ivideo.jsp?file_300=http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/bills/demand/audio/042405draftrecap.rm&proto=rtsp

I'm listening now....

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 06:29 PM
TD's Final Draft Thoughts

Where can I get a gallon of Jack Daniels?

The Spaz
04-24-2005, 06:32 PM
TD on being accused of being greedy of the Henry trade "If being offered nothing is greedy, then we're greedy" wow TH you're really valued around the league.

Romes
04-24-2005, 06:46 PM
- John Guy worked hard to trade Henry but nothing was offered.
- Still open to trading Henry but it was Henry's agent's idea eventhough the Bills have done most of the work.
- Bannan moving back to DT
- Intelligence is important for OL they feel they got very smart OL in this draft
- Gandy, Peters, and Teague trying out at LT but that isn't set in stone, if that doesn't work they will try something else.
- Preston can compete right away for a starting OL spot
- Roscoe has a good chance of being opening day punt returner
- He stressed that they are still trying to trade Henry. They would like Henry back but are trying to fulfil Henry's wishes of being traded
- Everett was the only TE they targetted. If they didn't get him they wouldn't have taken another TE later on.
- Not a good draft for left tackles all the true ones got taken early

A side note:
- if gates wasn't there they would not have taken clarett. he made it clear that he didn't like clarett

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 07:03 PM
- Intelligence is important for OL they feel they got very smart OL in this draft I actually agree with this alot. Look at Denver's line - mostly smart guys. That said...intelligence doesn't give you the strength block a 325lb DT whose arms are like tree trunks or the speed to push out 275lb DE's who run sub 5 40's. You need both.

The Spaz
04-24-2005, 07:11 PM
I actually agree with this alot. Look at Denver's line - mostly smart guys. That said...intelligence doesn't give you the strength block a 325lb DT whose arms are like tree trunks or the speed to push out 275lb DE's who run sub 5 40's. You need both.

Geisinger is pre-med and bench presses 600lbs. that's an excellent combination.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Bluto from Animal House was pre-med too. :;

Hey who knows...at this point I'll take whatever we can get and hope for the best.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2005, 07:24 PM
I actually agree with this alot. Look at Denver's line - mostly smart guys. That said...intelligence doesn't give you the strength block a 325lb DT whose arms are like tree trunks or the speed to push out 275lb DE's who run sub 5 40's. You need both.
You're right. But, intelligence allows someone who has physical skill--even if it is a little less than optimal--to learn those techniques that can allow that person to neutralize those physical talents a lot sooner. You need to have the physical ability to get the job done, a guy who has all the physical ability in the world who doesn't have the intelligence or will to use it properly isn't going to get the job done, either. As you said, you need both: a combination of intelligence and physical ability that is sufficient to accomplish the task.

Slim
04-24-2005, 08:51 PM

jesus christ what did he do at the combine, bench a horse

ZacGriffi~82
04-24-2005, 09:04 PM
jesus christ what did he do at the combine, bench a horse
:lmao:

Meathead
04-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Donahoe said he was not even offered a third round pick. Donahoe said, "If we could have, we would've been interested in that, but that was not in anybody's conversation." "I don't think it is what we've wanted, I think we've been pretty consistent from the start, we just want something that's fair and we really haven't been offered very much. That's frustrating and a little bit puzzling to us. It's amazing to me that you have backs like Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander and Travis Henry and nobody is really trying to be very aggressive to get any of those players and I don't know why, I don't have the answer."

As I mentioned earlier many teams that needed runningbacks drafted one. Donahoe said, "There were some backs taken and that impacted the situation and some of the teams that took backs were teams that we were at least talking to, but we're trying to be fair to Travis, we're trying to be fair to the Buffalo Bills and we're not against trading him, but we have to hear somethin' that makes sense other than somebody offering a player that we don't want or somebody offering a late round pick which we are not going to do."

Ickybaluky
04-24-2005, 09:18 PM
John Clayton says the Eagles only offered a 4th, never the 3rd.

He also said that Arizona never wanted to do anything but a player for player, Shelton for Henry. He said Donohoe likes Shelton but the coaching staff did not.

Clayton also said that Arizona didn't even bother returning the Bill's calls on it after Friday.

Novacane
04-24-2005, 09:30 PM

He also said that Arizona never wanted to do anything but a player for player, Shelton for Henry. He said Donohoe likes Shelton but the coaching staff did not.

Clayton also said that Arizona didn't even bother returning the Bill's calls on it after Friday.

Denny Green was interviewed on ESPN today. He was acting like a real jerk saying how he offered a fair player for player deal for Henry and Donahoe wanted more calling him like 30 times in the last couple months.

He does not want the piece of crap Shelton but he thinks it was a fair offer? Screw Green. I hope JJ Arrington tears up a knee in mini-camp

bills_phan
04-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Mr. Cynical, this is your saving grace. Although I don't post a lot, I read the board quite a bit. There are TD bashers who seem to want nothing more than to see the team fail in an obvious effort to prove themselves right. You may have a lot of bad things to say about the organization from time to time, but you are obviously a Bills fan first, who wants the team to win like we all should.

Good for you! :bf1:

cordog
04-24-2005, 09:49 PM
He said Donohoe likes Shelton but the coaching staff did not.

Guess that goes to show how power hungry and ego driven TD is :rolleyes:

Tatonka
04-24-2005, 09:54 PM

was this on sportscenter or something?

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 10:04 PM
It's also on our front page in print