PDA

View Full Version : Preston and Geisinger

ParanoidAndroid
04-24-2005, 06:52 PM
When I look at the bios on NFL.com, it appears to me that the skill sets of these two project a swap. Duke looks like he could play tackle and Geisinger looks like he could be a beast of a center.

Teague-Anderson-Geisinger-Villarreal-Williams

...and next year Preston moves in at LT.

Thoughts?

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Of course this is just my opinion, but Preston at LT would be an unmitigated disaster.

ParanoidAndroid
04-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Of course this is just my opinion, but Preston at LT would be an unmitigated disaster.

As you see almost everything. Thus your name...:D

Appreciate the input, but why do you think that? Remember, this is not until next year.

Kenny
04-24-2005, 07:03 PM
I still think the best scenario is to keep grooming Jason Peters into a RT, and hope to God that Mike Williams will finally show some signs that he's capable to finally make the transition to the left side...

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 07:08 PM
As you see almost everything. Thus your name...:D

Appreciate the input, but why do you think that? Remember, this is not until next year.
From everything I've read, he doesn't have the quickness/speed to handle pass rushers. At LT, that is the most important quality. Hence he plays center where you don't have to be as quick physically. So even if it were 2 years or 5 years from now, that's not going to change, which is why him playing LT would not ever be a fit IMO.

Mr. Cynical
04-24-2005, 07:10 PM
I still think the best scenario is to keep grooming Jason Peters into a RT, and hope to God that Mike Williams will finally show some signs that he's capable to finally make the transition to the left side...
Man, if that happened I would be ecstatic. Paying an RT $9M is ridiculous and if MW can make the transition to LT effectively, alot of problems (both money and positionally) would be solved.

But we really haven't heard much from OBD on that scenario so I don't see it happening unfortunately.

ShadowHawk7
04-24-2005, 10:46 PM
From everything I've read, he doesn't have the quickness/speed to handle pass rushers. At LT, that is the most important quality. Hence he plays center where you don't have to be as quick physically. So even if it were 2 years or 5 years from now, that's not going to change, which is why him playing LT would not ever be a fit IMO.
Nailed it.