2. New York
    3A. New England
    3B. Buffalo

Comment

• Dominator77
      Zoner
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nublar7
      Choose in the poll who had the best draft in the AFC East, then rank them from 1-4(1 being the best). I will go first:

1. Miami Dolphins
      2. New England Patriots
      3. Buffalo Bills
      4. New York Jets

1. New York Jets (Nugent is a great pick, and Miller was a steal)
      2. New England Patriots (always solid)
      3. Buffalo Bills (not bad, has potential)
      4. Miami Dolphins (backup RB at #2 overall enough said)

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

1 New England Patriots
        2 Buffalo Bills
        3 New York Jets
        4 Miami Dolphins

I am doing this by where they drafted and the value they got.

I thought the Patriots did well and also acquired picks for next year. I really like the Miami Upicks and the King pick for us. The Jets did well by getting Miller but could have done much better if they drafted a better player then Nugent. They also reached for the Utah kid. Maddox was once considered a top safety prospect and may turn out to be a nice pick. Not impressed. Miami took Brown who I don't think is going to be that good of a pro. He's never started before and still has questions with pass blocking. Can he carry the ball 25 times a game and do it consistantly? Not worth it to take a RB at #2 with the players that were available later on. Glad they didn't take Edwards or Rolle. As an early 2nd round pick why pick Roth? Just didn't make sense with the needs that they had and not to mention I'm not a Roth fan. Crowder has major character and major injury concerns. If he's healthy its a nice pick. Daniels I do like but he may just have been helped by the talent around him.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• MDFINFAN
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
          1 New England Patriots
          2 Buffalo Bills
          3 New York Jets
          4 Miami Dolphins

I thought the Patriots did well and also acquired picks for next year. I really like the Miami Upicks and the King pick for us. The Jets did well by getting Miller but could have done much better if they drafted a better player then Nugent. They also reached for the Utah kid. Maddox was once considered a top safety prospect and may turn out to be a nice pick. Not impressed. Miami took Brown who I don't think is going to be that good of a pro. He's never started before and still has questions with pass blocking. Can he carry the ball 25 times a game and do it consistantly? Not worth it to take a RB at #2 with the players that were available later on. Glad they didn't take Edwards or Rolle. As an early 2nd round pick why pick Roth? Just didn't make sense with the needs that they had and not to mention I'm not a Roth fan. Crowder has major character and major injury concerns. If he's healthy its a nice pick. Daniels I do like but he may just have been helped by the talent around him.

This may sound homerish and generally I'm not, but I like our picks, we finally went BPA instead of need, which is great to me, you should read up on the picks we made, check out the people, we usually go down hill when our starters get hurt, but having great depth without over reaching for them gives us flexibility, the #2 pick was a crapshoot, but Brown is like having a power runner with receiver hands, remember gruden said he had the best hands of any player at the combine. So in our new O, he can be lined up in a number positions to give your D headaches...I like his versitility, his partner in the backfield at Auburn was a better pure runner, better vision. There's the grades for the AFC from one source:

Grading the AFC Teams

You may agree or disagree, but I think we had a good draft..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Ok- let's humor the lunatic...

1) Miami

2) Miami

3) Miami

4) Miami

Miami makes the playoffs, and beats Miami in the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Nublar7
              • Oct 2004

1 New England Patriots
              2 Buffalo Bills
              3 New York Jets
              4 Miami Dolphins

Hmmm, most of America would say you are wrong. Check the picks again, everybody is saying Miami had a great draft.

Comment

• WCoastFin
                I have the arms of a new born baby!
                • Jul 2002

1. Miami
                2. New England
                3. NY Jets
                4. Buffalo
                We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• McGee
                  • Aug 2004

According to Mel Kiper, draft grades for the AFC East are:

1. Miami Dolphins B-
                  2. Buffalo Bills C+
                  3. NE Patriots C
                  4. NY Jets C
                  At this point in time, I'd have to agree with him; and that doesn't happen often.

Comment

• dolfan25
                    Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
                    • Jul 2002

1 New England Patriots
                    2 Buffalo Bills
                    3 New York Jets
                    4 Miami Dolphins

I'll believe Nick Saban's opinion of Brown over yours based on the fact that he's had to coach against him for the last 4 years.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by dolfan25
                      I'll believe Nick Saban's opinion of Brown over yours based on the fact that he's had to coach against him for the last 4 years.
                      We will see. Because NFL coaches/general managers have never been wrong right?
                      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                        • Feb 2005

Hmmm, most of America would say you are wrong. Check the picks again, everybody is saying Miami had a great draft.
                        I wouldn't care if the president called it a national holiday today to celebrate how great the dolphins draft was. I didn't think it was impressive at all especially when you consider they had the #2 pick in the draft. We are intitled to our own opinion and thats no reason to neg somebody. Go back to your own board and talk about who's going to be your RB Ricky or Ronnie.
                        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
                          NJ In The House
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by McGee
                          According to Mel Kiper, draft grades for the AFC East are:
                          1. Miami Dolphins B-
                          2. Buffalo Bills C+
                          3. NE Patriots C
                          4. NY Jets C
                          At this point in time, I'd have to agree with him; and that doesn't happen often.
                          This is pretty close!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Nublar7
                            • Oct 2004

I wouldn't care if the president called it a national holiday today to celebrate how great the dolphins draft was. I didn't think it was impressive at all especially when you consider they had the #2 pick in the draft. We are intitled to our own opinion and thats no reason to neg somebody. Go back to your own board and talk about who's going to be your RB Ricky or Ronnie.
                            You stand alone.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                              • Feb 2005

You stand alone.
                              Not 1 legit analyst has said that they had a great draft. They had a good draft but at #2 pick in the draft you better have a good draft. Stop being a homer.
                              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡