PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign Safety Jim Leonhard -Wisconsin

Dozerdog
04-24-2005, 10:38 PM
http://www.wkowtv.com/$spindb.query.listnews.storeview.14445

27 News Headlines

Badger Free Agents
Sun 04-24-2005 , 10:01 pm

On Sunday, a handful of former Badgers get NFL free agent contracts.
Safety Jim Leonhard signs with Buffalo, long-snapper Matt Katula signs with Baltimore, tackle Morgan Davis signs with Pittsburgh, Jonathan Clinkscale signs with Tampa Bay. Clinkscale's agent tells 27 Sports that Clinkscale "definitely" was not drafted due to his client's reportedly testing positive for marijuana at the NFL Combine last February.

hydro014
04-24-2005, 10:49 PM
seen him play, great FA pick up. Will help special teams if makes the roster. Hard working kid from Wisconsin

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Excellent pick up! I missed him when I was compiling my list of UFAs earlier.

Reminds me of some of the Bills' safeties of the past: not the biggest, definitely not the fastest, but has a knack for making big plays.

I'm not sure if he has enough speed to make it in the NFL in coverage, but, if he does, he's a football player.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Here's some info on Leonard from NFL Draft Countdown:

Height/Weight: 5-8 3/8, 191
40-Yard Dash: 4.45

SCOUTING REPORT

STRENGTHS: Extremely productive...A playmaker in the secondary with a nose for the ball...Smart and has great instincts...Good character and hard worker...Fast and quick...Good overall athletic ability...Also a good
return man.

WEAKNESSES: Undersized and very short...Only an average tackler but gives top effort...Might have a limited upside in the pros because of his size.

NOTES: Overachiever who was a walk-on that developed into one of the top players at his position in college football...Doesn't have the physical tools you look for but the kind of guy you hate to doubt.

The Spaz
04-25-2005, 01:56 AM
http://www.noramsports.com/news/BigTen/Football/Wisconsin/Photo/JLeonhard2.jpg
<b>Jim Leonhard</b>

<b>Looks like Opie Taylor but plays like Gary Fencik</b>

Michael82
04-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Another white safety? Coy Wire 2? :scared: :ill:

Akhippo
04-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah, those darn white players. They shouldnt be allowed in. HUH. So if his pigment was darker we wouldnt have a problem with this kid.

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2005, 01:16 PM
I've been doing research on him and hopefully find his info and get an interview!

The Spaz
04-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah, those darn white players. They shouldnt be allowed in. HUH. So if his pigment was darker we wouldnt have a problem with this kid.

Excellent post. I have been saying the samething for quite sometime.