PDA

View Full Version : Someone's not being honest

jeffhcb
04-24-2005, 11:00 PM
From John Clayton of ESPN:
"Henry, however, was the one trade that should have happened and didn't. In late February, the Cardinals were ready to make an L.J. Shelton-for-Henry trade. It was a $3 million left tackle for a running back. The Bills wanted more, asking the Cardinals to swap their better position in the second round. Donahoe held firm and thought he would get a trade when the Eagles showed interest. Then came the Bucs.

The best offer was a fourth-rounder from the Eagles. The Bills held to the third. On Friday, the Cardinals didn't return Buffalo's phone calls. Donahoe didn't budge on his demand for more. Like a greedy gambler, Donahoe didn't know how to fold 'em and watched the Bucs, Cardinals and Eagles draft first-day running backs.

Now, he's stuck with Henry, who will probably hold out. Donahoe liked Shelton to a certain degree but Bills coaches didn't. In the end, the Bills didn't get value and have a distraction in Henry, and they might lose him and get nothing in return after the 2005 season, when his contract is up."

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

WTF: I heard TD say that they were offered NOTHING today??? I would have been happy with a fourth round pick. Now they will get nothing for him. There is no market for running backs my friend.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-24-2005, 11:35 PM
I don't think that the Bills would be interested in just a 4th round pick for T.Henry, even now. Certainly not before the draft--which is when it sounds like the offer was made.

Two 2nd day picks during the draft, maybe. But, as I read it, they weren't offered a 4th rounder after Philly took it's RB on Day One.

I think a lot of Bills fans would have been looking to lynch TD if he had traded T.Henry to Philly for a single 4th round pick on Friday before the draft. And a lot of folks who will now say that they wouldn't have been wouldn't be telling the truth, either!

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2005, 12:11 AM
I'll be honest and say that if TD had traded for a 4th I would have been upset.

Regardless of fault....this situation sucks and I hope it can be fixed before the season. Having TH in the locker room is going to be bad for the team, and if he holds out we won't get a damn thing for him.

Dozerdog
04-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Bringing Henry back won't be all that bad.

He plays out his deal- and hopefully signs elsewhere for a hefty contract. Next year the Bills will be more worried about retaining their own instead of grabbing high priced Free Agents. If the Bills lose Henry and don't get anyone- we will get some sweet compensitory pick for him. It's too much to hope for a 3 but I'd take a 4th.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2005, 12:28 AM
I'll be honest and say that if TD had traded for a 4th I would have been upset.

Regardless of fault....this situation sucks and I hope it can be fixed before the season. Having TH in the locker room is going to be bad for the team, and if he holds out we won't get a damn thing for him.
I agree with you on this and fear that you may be right about T.Henry in the lockerroom.

I really like A.Gates, too, and would hate to see the Bills have to cut him to keep a place for an unhappy TH.

Hopefully something happens by the time training camp comes around and the Bills are able to ship him off to a team whose top RB has gone down and is desperate. I've got to believe that TH would be at least as attractive to some team as a L.Gordon was last season! The problem is that I am afraid that TH and his agent won't keep their mouths shut long enough to let a situation like that develop.

AndreReed83
04-25-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm sorry but if Henry raises hell in the locker room, then he needs his face poped. How immature would that be? Seriously. That's NOT going to make him more attractive to other teams.

The_Philster
04-25-2005, 05:09 AM
Those offers he received were before the draft. I don't think TD was lying. The potential teams to trade him to probably took their trade offers off the table when it appeared TD wasn't going to budge. He screwed up, IMO

ricogarion
04-25-2005, 06:03 AM
If only TD had traded Henry to the Dolphins last year when Ricky Williams went AWOL we would have had a golden pick this year and a stud ball player to boot.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2005, 06:23 AM
While I think TH will be gone before the season starts, the whole "clubhouse cancer" thing is vastly overrated. If Henry isn't traded and comes back - which he would be a complete idiot not to - no one will pay a lot of attention to him, even if he is unhappy and grumbles all the time. He'll be a backup RB and he's never been a big team leader, so who will care if he's bitter?

And if he gets some carries behind Willis or, God forbid, something happens to WM, he'll play hard - if only to audition for next year - and all will be at least temporarily forgotten.

Historian
04-25-2005, 07:05 AM
I say take him to camp. At this point I would rather have the depth.

BAM
04-25-2005, 07:10 AM
Henry would have to be a complete moron to hold out.

He'll play next season.

For the Bills.

BigZ
04-25-2005, 07:16 AM

He'll play next season.

For the Bills.

I agree, but Travis has never been mistaken for Einstein.

Novacane
04-25-2005, 08:21 AM

He'll play next season.

For the Bills.

He ****ed a 15 year old and has a parking lot drunk for an agent. Henry is a complete moron!

Michael82
04-25-2005, 01:24 PM
He ****ed a 15 year old and has a parking lot drunk for an agent. Henry is a complete moron!
Don't forget about when he came crawling back to Donahoe to do a cheap extension because he spent all his money from the first contract... :snicker:

Michael82
04-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Those offers he received were before the draft. I don't think TD was lying. The potential teams to trade him to probably took their trade offers off the table when it appeared TD wasn't going to budge. He screwed up, IMO
He screwed up? Are you insane? You would have taken a 4th rounder for Henry? NO way! Miami gave up a 3rd rounder for Lamar FREAKING Gordon. They also gave up a freaking 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley. Donahoe got a 4th rounder for Olandis Gary a couple years ago and I think he'll get a conditional 2nd rounder in 2006 for Henry after Training Camp, before the season.