PDA

View Full Version : Henry trade still alive?

Bowe3219
04-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Not sure if anyone posted this yet but

No one completed a trade for Buffalo Bills running back Travis Henry, and Reid continued to leave open the possibility his team would make such a move despite selecting Louisiana Tech tailback Ryan Moats with the 77th pick.

''We're probably OK right now, [but] we haven't completely pulled out of the other deal [for Henry],'' Reid said after the Eagles finished making their 11th and final draft pick of 2005. ''I'm glad you reminded me of that great quote.''

That great quote?

''We're still messing around with it,'' Reid had said Saturday, marking one of the few times an Eagles official has confirmed a trade rumor/speculation since he arrived in Philly in 1999.
http://www.mcall.com/sports/all-eaglesnotesapr25,0,6842353.story?coll=all-sports-hed

Philadelphia could still trade for TH, but I don't think Simeon Rice would be a good pick-up because of his cap hit.

helmetguy
04-25-2005, 07:24 AM
Now that we have Parrish, could it be the Bills may package Henry with Josh Reed; either for picks next year or a LT and future picks. Just spitballing here. Ideas?

TigerJ
04-25-2005, 08:02 AM
I don't think anything will happen with Henry for several months. Possibly is some team's projected starter at RB goes down late in preseason or fairly early in the regular season, TD will get a call.

mysticsoto
04-25-2005, 08:15 AM
I don't think anything will happen with Henry for several months. Possibly is some team's projected starter at RB goes down late in preseason or fairly early in the regular season, TD will get a call.
I agree with this and thought something like this might happen. The draft was just too filled with RBs for TH to have any value...

hoganfg
04-25-2005, 08:21 AM
I agree that Henry and Reed would make a geat package deal. And let me state that Lionel Gates is a geat selection. I time he could push for a starting position. he has speed and power. Go Bills, Good Bye Mr. Henry