PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited...

RedEyE
04-25-2005, 07:20 AM
I really believe that the Bills did all that they could (without lowering Henry's value) to trade Henry. Henry will be forced to play back up to McGahee this year again, and sitting out will not elevate his value in the NFL. He will have to play.

So, why am I excited? We have 2 very powerful backs in Henry and McGahee. The one-two punch never got into full swing last season. This year Henry's not fighting for his job, he's fighting for his career. If he sits this season, it may very likely be over. IMO, Henry is an injury away from being placed as the Bills primary running back once again. So, does it suck not getting significant trade value this draft? Well, no, not really. These two monster RBs should have enough force between them and should make the OL look better than we already know it is.

Something else to be excited about... we might have the best return game in the league. With McGee returning kickoffs and now Parrish on punt returns, I expect the Bills will have a significant amount of scores from ST play alone. Last year the Bills were well above average on returns. Drafting Parrish just doubled last years efforts. There isn't a team in the league that is going to look forward to kicking to the Bills this season.

A new era. We have a new team and an a quick atheletic QB that should be able to move this offense well. The arsenal of weapons he has to throw to is nothing to be down about. So while the OL isn't looking great, the rest of the offense is nothing shy of amazing. Evans should have a break out year. We now have Parrish that can also stretch the field, while the reliable Moulds works the trenches. Josh Reed to fill in the gaps, and a few receiving TE's to pick apart some defenses.

Our defense, ranked 2nd in the league last year, took a hit by losing Phat PAt, but in the grand scheme of things I'm not sure he'll he be missed that much. I think we have a few young DTs that can fill in nicely. Even better, the secondary hasn't changed.

Counting the days to demolish Houston.....