• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Pete Prisco grades our draft

Buffalo Bills

Best pick: Like the pick of Kevin Everett in the third round. He has big-time athletic ability and should become a good weapon for J.P. Losman for years to come.

Questionable move: Roscoe Parrish, their second-round pick, has great speed, but he's 5-7 and weighs 150 pounds. Maybe. That's risky on this level.

Steal: Seventh-round pick Lionel Gates has a chance to make the team as a backup runner and return man.

Overall grade: C. They traded their first-round pick to Dallas last year for J.P. Losman, so he has to count here. The rest of the draft was just OK.

If i'm not mistaken, his height and weight on parrish is way off. He should look at guys like Randel El, Santana Moss and Dante Hall as proof small receivers can play in this league.
  • regor
    • Jul 2002

Parrish is 2 inches taller and 19 pounds heavier. Leave it to priscoe to have bad information

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

Parrish is 5'9" and 168.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• regor
        • Jul 2002

Mel Kiper says Parrish was a steal. Gave the Bills a C+

Buffalo Bills: C+
        The Bills traded their 2005 first-round pick in the JP Losman deal but got a steal when receiver Roscoe Parrish fell to the late second round. Parrish will be a nice addition to the passing game and is also an effective returner, and his college teammate Kevin Everett could turn into a nice tight end. Center Raymond Preston was a reach in the fourth round, though, and Eric King will probably be a situational nickel back in the NFL.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

5' 7" ? Where the hell did he come up with those #s?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I really don't need Pete Prisco to validate our draft, particularly when he has Parrish's size all screwed up. What a moron.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

NFL.com had this to say about Everett (notice that he was faster then Winslow!):

# Sel# Team Player Pos. School
              22 86 Buffalo Kevin Everett TE Miami (Fla.)
              Gil Brandt's Analysis
              Originally from Port Arthur, Texas. Last year he challenged fellow TE Kellen Winslow to a foot race, and won. So you know he's fast. He was injured and unable to work out this year. He has a lot of upside.

The Parrish and Everett picks are all about creating matchup problems for opposing defenses. The Bills have greatly improved their speed at the offensive skill positions.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                • Feb 2005

Prisco is a horrible analyst. I don't even read cbs sportsline now because of him. He just doesn't make sense when he writes. I really don't how he remains hired over there. He must be under some kind of contract otherwise I would think he would have been gone already.
                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

LOL on a related note bills also signed undrafted rookie FA "MINI ME" to be the teams new ball holder. pete prisco claims his 1 ft 9 inch body is perfect to keep hold of the football throughout a rian lindell kick. he is currently setting up an interview with howard stern to demonstrate his ability to hole onto a FG attempt and guide it through the air.

PRISCO IS A MORON

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                    LOL on a related note bills also signed undrafted rookie FA "MINI ME" to be the teams new ball holder. pete prisco claims his 1 ft 9 inch body is perfect to keep hold of the football throughout a rian lindell kick. he is currently setting up an interview with howard stern to demonstrate his ability to hole onto a FG attempt and guide it through the air.

PRISCO IS A MORON
                    I think it should be the other way around .... Lindell should hold for Mini Me
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                    X