PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who is happy TH is still here?

Pride
04-25-2005, 08:37 AM
While I would have loved to get an LT in a trade for him... I am very happy he is still here.

I would gladly take TH over a 3rd round draft pick.

As much as I love Willis, I am not sold on him.... as not being an injury risk.

When he hyper extended his leg last year, the only reason I didnt yell out vulgarities, and throw the towel in on the season was the fact that TH was on the sidelines.

Until McGahee can take a hit on the knee, and I NOT immediately think that he just blew up his knee again... I am happy to have TH here.

RedEyE
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM
I'm cool with it. I posted something earlier without a response. People would rather ***** about what we don't have rather than focusing on how intense this team could be this year.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM
No, I'm happy to have a really good back like TH as an insurance policy for Willis as well. And I discount his effect as a divisive force in the lockerroom, too. I think the veteran leaders will sit him down and talk some sense into him, and any grumbling he still may do will not have much of an impact, anyway.

justasportsfan
04-25-2005, 08:51 AM
We will need to pound the ball while JP is learning. Inspite of what Henry said, I think he'll have to play his heart out in order to get his stock up for next year.

RedEyE
04-25-2005, 08:55 AM
We will need to pound the ball while JP is learning. Inspite of what Henry said, I think he'll have to play his heart out in order to get his stock up for next year.

Absolutely. He's playing for his career this year. If he decides to sit out a year there isn't a team in the league that would sign him as a starter the following season. He has a chance of starting with Buffalo if he plays. Let's be realistic, if McGahee goes down hard, Henry gets the job. RBs have lower expiration dates than 3 day old milk.

OpIv37
04-25-2005, 08:56 AM
I'll take it IF friggin Mularkey finds a way to get both Travis and Willis in the backfield at the same time. Having two weapons back there will take pressure off of JP, and while D. Shelton is a better blocking back, I think Henry's pass blocking is underrated.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2005, 08:57 AM
I am just as concerned with TH as an injury risk. He has been injured almost every year in the league and has had leg injuries two years in a row. His style leads to a short career. And his attitude appears as if it will leave something to be desired.

Add his other weaknesses to the pile and I would much rather have a 3rd.

Spiderweb
04-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Here's the bottom line, TH wanted out. TD granted him and his agent permission to seek a trade deal.

So what did they come back with? It appears the only deal out there of any sense was the Shelton deal and it cleafly appears that the Bills weren't interested in this straight uo deal. This even after we lost our starting LT. Couple this with a 3 mil/yr cap hit and a lack of interest from other teams and it seems Shelton just wasn't of the necessary value, to the Bills or anyone.

Sunday, TD took his turn assessing the above by stating after the draft that even though TH and his agent were granted permission to seek a trade, it was TD who was left doing most of the work.

If AZ and Denny Green really want Shelton gone, he will be June 1 and then we'll truely see what the league values Shelton at. Right now, it appears Shelton has worts, many of them. Maybe he's lazy, out of shape, or possibly damaged goods. Shelton too has a lot to prove and he should also take this as a wake up call and get himself in top shape so he'll be ready for if and when his next opportunity comes.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2005, 09:17 AM
I'll take it IF friggin Mularkey finds a way to get both Travis and Willis in the backfield at the same time. Having two weapons back there will take pressure off of JP, and while D. Shelton is a better blocking back, I think Henry's pass blocking is underrated.First off Henry is not coming back. This would be a locker room killer and the coaches don't need a RB contoversy. Last year, in training camp, they talked about having Henry and McGahee in the backfield together, and it never happened. With Losman as QB they won't need 2 RB's in the backfield.

RedEyE
04-25-2005, 09:38 AM
First off Henry is not coming back. This would be a locker room killer and the coaches don't need a RB contoversy. Last year, in training camp, they talked about having Henry and McGahee in the backfield together, and it never happened. With Losman as QB they won't need 2 RB's in the backfield.

While I agree that there isn't necessity to have both Henry and McGahee in the backfield together, I think that you're way off about Henry causing a RB controversy.

McGahee is the man, without exception. That has already been established and it is the BIGGEST reason Henry was trying to find a trade for himself. Secondly, Henry would be committing career suicide to hold out a year. Holding out does not improve Henry's status. And Last, if by some off chance Henry and McGahee were to compete for the starting job again, I don't I ever see it dividing a locker room. The Johnson - Flutie thing was much different, and RBs will share time on the field regardles.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2005, 09:52 AM
While I agree that there isn't necessity to have both Henry and McGahee in the backfield together, I think that you're way off about Henry causing a RB controversy.

McGahee is the man, without exception. That has already been established and it is the BIGGEST reason Henry was trying to find a trade for himself. Secondly, Henry would be committing career suicide to hold out a year. Holding out does not improve Henry's status. And Last, if by some off chance Henry and McGahee were to compete for the starting job again, I don't I ever see it dividing a locker room. The Johnson - Flutie thing was much different, and RBs will share time on the field regardles.We already know McGahee is the starter. The controversy is having a disgruntled Henry who won't be showing up to any of the camps and having to hear about it everyday up until the first game of the season. The players don't care if Henry is there or on the team, they know McGahee is the starter. It's a pain for the coaches who have to deal with him. I don't think Henry will be on our roster in September.

THATHURMANATOR
04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
I love Travis I just think he won't take this well. He may be a distraction.

buffalofan19
04-25-2005, 12:23 PM
I love Travis I just think he won't take this well. He may be a distraction.
I think you'll be surprised if Henry stays. Over the years, we have seen Travis Henry continually pound out tough yards, through injury. What that says is that he is VERY competitive. I'm not so sure it is in his nature to quit. I think we will see him go out there and play very hard next year even if he is still a Buffalo Bill.

ddaryl
04-25-2005, 12:31 PM
I'd be real happy if TH put his tail between his legs and came back to Buffalo for the year willingly.

However if he is going to whine and cry it will be a bad situation for the team. Personally I think TH can do himself a favor by agreeing to be a Bill and backup and promising to play his best. IMO that would increase his value in FA next year.

TheBrownBear
04-25-2005, 12:33 PM
TH is an idiot. He won't show up for camp and he'll end up sitting out the season unless a team suffers an injury to their rb and the Bills swing a deal. I'll be shocked if we see Henry in a Bills uniform this season.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2005, 12:38 PM
IMO, he needs to go. TD picked WM to be the man 2 years ago, and now he is healthy to fulfill that choice. TH is disgruntled and will be a distraction. I'm sure we can find someone to give WM a breather and/or fill in if WM goes down. In fact I think that person may already be on the team - Shaud looked pretty good last year.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2005, 12:49 PM
IMO, he needs to go. TD picked WM to be the man 2 years ago, and now he is healthy to fulfill that choice. TH is disgruntled and will be a distraction. I'm sure we can find someone to give WM a breather and/or fill in if WM goes down. In fact I think that person may already be on the team - Shaud looked pretty good last year.
Henry is gone. I would like to see someone bigger backing up McGahee. Although I think we are kind of stuck with what we have.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2005, 12:58 PM
I would like to see someone bigger backing up McGahee.
That's entirely possible. As we've seen, bruising backs - e.g., TH - don't seem to be that hard to find or he would have been picked up imo. I don't know off hand what will be around the league come June 1, but I bet there'll be an old north-south bull runner available to fill in for WM. They really aren't a rarity.

The_Philster
04-25-2005, 03:34 PM
If he comes to camp and works as hard as he normally does, I'm all for keeping him. But if he's gonna sulk and be a distraction, hell no I don't want him here anymore

Bert102176
04-25-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm happy he is still here and hope he grows up and shows up for camp and knows his roll

BAM
04-25-2005, 04:45 PM
As long as he plays I have no problem whatsoever with keeping him around.

Big IF though.

He'd be an idiot to hold out on us.

jamze132
04-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I understand that Travis Henry is very competitive and wants to start. But he probably won't start again in Buffalo as long as McGahee is healthy. But you know what? He's going to make $1.25 mil this season whether he's a starter or a backup. He should be thankful for that.

Now, if I'm Travis Henry, I would think it would be a testamony to my character if I showed up to camp ready to go and fought hard for the starting job. Maybe I don't start the game, but i'm still going to touch the ball every game and I would make sure that whenever I did, I would give 110%. After the season, when I'm UFA, I will probably have a better chance to get my payday and a longterm deal with a team who wants me.

Henry has an opportunity here to prove what kind of player and person he really is. His future is in his own hands.

BAM
04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
:clap:

Exactly why he'd be a moron to hold out.

jpdex12
04-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Have you guys forgotten that Henry has already proven himself by putting back to back 1300+ yard seasons. He also completed one fo them with a broken leg for god sakes. Then this team drafts a young buck with a blown out knee to replace Henry. That was a slap in the face, but I'm elated that we have WM! I admire Henry's toughness and his efforts with us when he started, but this man has been through too much and has too much pride to just suck it up and tuck his tail between his legs to come back to be a backup with 7 carries a game. IMO he has said too much about how he feels about the situation and he will not want to go against his word and coem back to the team.

We will not see him play with the Bills this year. He will sit and wait it out just like Keenan McCardell did. TD is trying to scare TH back to the team to be a backup by saying that he will be committing career suicide. Keenan did not commit career suicide and he sat out most of the season, then got picked up by San Diego and just signed an extension. He was no Terell Owens either.
If we are lucky, Andy Reid is not blowing smoke to resign Westbrook and he really wants TH and we get a draft pick next year or a player of equivalent talent...maybe Simon DT.

OK...let me hear it!