Am I the only one who is happy TH is still here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Am I the only one who is happy TH is still here?

While I would have loved to get an LT in a trade for him... I am very happy he is still here.

I would gladly take TH over a 3rd round draft pick.

As much as I love Willis, I am not sold on him.... as not being an injury risk.

When he hyper extended his leg last year, the only reason I didnt yell out vulgarities, and throw the towel in on the season was the fact that TH was on the sidelines.

Until McGahee can take a hit on the knee, and I NOT immediately think that he just blew up his knee again... I am happy to have TH here.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

I'm cool with it. I posted something earlier without a response. People would rather ***** about what we don't have rather than focusing on how intense this team could be this year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

No, I'm happy to have a really good back like TH as an insurance policy for Willis as well. And I discount his effect as a divisive force in the lockerroom, too. I think the veteran leaders will sit him down and talk some sense into him, and any grumbling he still may do will not have much of an impact, anyway.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

We will need to pound the ball while JP is learning. Inspite of what Henry said, I think he'll have to play his heart out in order to get his stock up for next year.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          We will need to pound the ball while JP is learning. Inspite of what Henry said, I think he'll have to play his heart out in order to get his stock up for next year.
          Absolutely. He's playing for his career this year. If he decides to sit out a year there isn't a team in the league that would sign him as a starter the following season. He has a chance of starting with Buffalo if he plays. Let's be realistic, if McGahee goes down hard, Henry gets the job. RBs have lower expiration dates than 3 day old milk.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'll take it IF friggin Mularkey finds a way to get both Travis and Willis in the backfield at the same time. Having two weapons back there will take pressure off of JP, and while D. Shelton is a better blocking back, I think Henry's pass blocking is underrated.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

I am just as concerned with TH as an injury risk. He has been injured almost every year in the league and has had leg injuries two years in a row. His style leads to a short career. And his attitude appears as if it will leave something to be desired.

Add his other weaknesses to the pile and I would much rather have a 3rd.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                ....formerly OhBF
                • Sep 2003

As the World Turns....

Here's the bottom line, TH wanted out. TD granted him and his agent permission to seek a trade deal.

So what did they come back with? It appears the only deal out there of any sense was the Shelton deal and it cleafly appears that the Bills weren't interested in this straight uo deal. This even after we lost our starting LT. Couple this with a 3 mil/yr cap hit and a lack of interest from other teams and it seems Shelton just wasn't of the necessary value, to the Bills or anyone.

Sunday, TD took his turn assessing the above by stating after the draft that even though TH and his agent were granted permission to seek a trade, it was TD who was left doing most of the work.

If AZ and Denny Green really want Shelton gone, he will be June 1 and then we'll truely see what the league values Shelton at. Right now, it appears Shelton has worts, many of them. Maybe he's lazy, out of shape, or possibly damaged goods. Shelton too has a lot to prove and he should also take this as a wake up call and get himself in top shape so he'll be ready for if and when his next opportunity comes.
                Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

No way this happens!

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I'll take it IF friggin Mularkey finds a way to get both Travis and Willis in the backfield at the same time. Having two weapons back there will take pressure off of JP, and while D. Shelton is a better blocking back, I think Henry's pass blocking is underrated.
                  First off Henry is not coming back. This would be a locker room killer and the coaches don't need a RB contoversy. Last year, in training camp, they talked about having Henry and McGahee in the backfield together, and it never happened. With Losman as QB they won't need 2 RB's in the backfield.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    First off Henry is not coming back. This would be a locker room killer and the coaches don't need a RB contoversy. Last year, in training camp, they talked about having Henry and McGahee in the backfield together, and it never happened. With Losman as QB they won't need 2 RB's in the backfield.
                    While I agree that there isn't necessity to have both Henry and McGahee in the backfield together, I think that you're way off about Henry causing a RB controversy.

McGahee is the man, without exception. That has already been established and it is the BIGGEST reason Henry was trying to find a trade for himself. Secondly, Henry would be committing career suicide to hold out a year. Holding out does not improve Henry's status. And Last, if by some off chance Henry and McGahee were to compete for the starting job again, I don't I ever see it dividing a locker room. The Johnson - Flutie thing was much different, and RBs will share time on the field regardles.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                      While I agree that there isn't necessity to have both Henry and McGahee in the backfield together, I think that you're way off about Henry causing a RB controversy.

McGahee is the man, without exception. That has already been established and it is the BIGGEST reason Henry was trying to find a trade for himself. Secondly, Henry would be committing career suicide to hold out a year. Holding out does not improve Henry's status. And Last, if by some off chance Henry and McGahee were to compete for the starting job again, I don't I ever see it dividing a locker room. The Johnson - Flutie thing was much different, and RBs will share time on the field regardles.
                      We already know McGahee is the starter. The controversy is having a disgruntled Henry who won't be showing up to any of the camps and having to hear about it everyday up until the first game of the season. The players don't care if Henry is there or on the team, they know McGahee is the starter. It's a pain for the coaches who have to deal with him. I don't think Henry will be on our roster in September.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I love Travis I just think he won't take this well. He may be a distraction.

Comment

• buffalofan19
                          God's gift to the Zone
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          I love Travis I just think he won't take this well. He may be a distraction.
                          I think you'll be surprised if Henry stays. Over the years, we have seen Travis Henry continually pound out tough yards, through injury. What that says is that he is VERY competitive. I'm not so sure it is in his nature to quit. I think we will see him go out there and play very hard next year even if he is still a Buffalo Bill.
                          Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
                          Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
                          Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
                          Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
                          Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
                          Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
                          Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
                          Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
                          Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
                          Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

I'd be real happy if TH put his tail between his legs and came back to Buffalo for the year willingly.

However if he is going to whine and cry it will be a bad situation for the team. Personally I think TH can do himself a favor by agreeing to be a Bill and backup and promising to play his best. IMO that would increase his value in FA next year.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                              • Dec 2004

TH is an idiot. He won't show up for camp and he'll end up sitting out the season unless a team suffers an injury to their rb and the Bills swing a deal. I'll be shocked if we see Henry in a Bills uniform this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X