PDA

View Full Version : Gosselin Draft Grades

Ickybaluky
04-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Rich Gosselin is the most respected draft guy in the press, and he passed out his grades today (http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/042505cpdraftgrades.448de44e.html). He only gave 8 teams a grade higher than C. Minnesota (A+) and Dallas (A) received the highest grades.

It requires registration, but I'll post his AFC East grades:

C Buffalo: The Bills didn't have a first-rounder. But GM Tom Donahoe puts together a quality draft regardless of where he picks or how many selections he has. This year was no exception. Kevin Everett gives the Bills hands in the passing game.

B Miami: Nice draftroom debut by Nick Saban. All six of these players should be starting by opening day 2006. After flirting with Braylon Edwards, the Dolphins made the smart pick and took the running back (Ronnie Brown) in the first.

C New England: The Super Bowl champs were drafting for depth. They also added toughness. Logan Mankins, Ellis Hobbs and Nick Kaczur all chew nails. Hobbs is a key addition in that he'll help the Patriots get back into the top 10 in special teams.

C N.Y. Jets: Another team without a first-round draft pick. That makes it tough to get a good grade for your draft. The special teams get a boost from the addition of the best kicker (Mike Nugent) and best kick returner (Justin Miller) in the draft.

RedEyE
04-25-2005, 08:57 AM
I thought Miami had a great draft this year as well. Roth is a gamble IMO, but the rest of their draft looked decent.

Earthquake Enyart
04-25-2005, 09:01 AM
I don't think that anybody in the division except Miami got any real help.

I laughed out loud when the Jets took Nugent. What ******s. :snicker:

Dozerdog
04-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Good work, NE!

RedEyE
04-25-2005, 09:05 AM

We all did.

And Justin Miller? For every WR they discussed they showed a tape. I swear every WR in the draft blew by Justin Miller. I didn't want him here either.

Pride
04-25-2005, 09:05 AM

You won't be laughing if he kicks a 54 yard field goal to beat us at home!

When you can draft a guy that is automatic from over 45... you need to take him...

A kicker alone accounts for 100+ points per season!

Dicknoze69
04-25-2005, 10:26 AM
It's real hard for the Dolphins to appear to have a better draft than us considering they were picking significantly higher than we were...in fact, they picked much higher than anyone in our division.

They should appear to have the best draft.