PDA

View Full Version : Concerns going into this season...

OpIv37
04-25-2005, 10:39 AM
QB- JP Losman could go either way and our season depends on him.

LG/OL- Losman has said he is most comfortable with Teague at center but I doubt Gandy or Anderson can be the LG we need. This unit will have a huge factor on Losman's success and is not getting the attention it deserves from the front office. I see this as the biggest obstacle.

DT- I'm not sure the Bills have anyone who can replace Williams.

K- Lindell sucks, enough said.

RB- if Henry stays, we're all set here. Without Henry, we have no suitable backup if Willis gets injured.

Looking down the road-

CB- Clements is gone because we won't have the cap room to pay him.
WR- Moulds is gone, Evans will have to step up and we'll need a new #2 (or a new #1 if Evans doesn't step up)
QB/RB/WR- face it- Losman, Willis and Evans all have big paydays coming. How are we going to keep these guys and keep the #2 defense in tact. I don't want to end up like Indy: a great offense and a D with one good player.

Two years and we're back in "rebuilding mode"- uggh

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Anderson will have to be LG. That's all there is to it. If he gets hurt or sucks we're screwed. Still no LT on roster. Peters could work out, but won't be ready Day 1. Maybe Kyle Turley or Shelton would sign if they are cut on June 1st.

DT will not be as strong, but will be good enough. Not great like last year.

Kicker - A total of 5 attempts (counting the two wiped out by Timeouts) from 40+ is weak, weak, weak. His kickoffs to the 10 (with the wind at his back) also suck. Blame TD. He's never put any emphasis on Kicker. Ask yourself this: 3 seconds left on the clock, 38 yarder last game in NYC, to make the playoffs, how confident are you in Lindell?

The playmaker will be gone because he wants to get paid. Not because the Bills won't have the cap.

Moulds could/should be renegotiated. If not, Peerless Price..er..I mean Lee Evans is a great #2 WR now. If Moulds was cut, how would he handle the inevitable double teams? (Price didn't do so well) Roscoe better become a solid #2 WR if he was picked in the 2nd. Reed might amount to something (Another 2nd rdr).

QB/WR/RB moving on? All teams have to deal with that. That's just the natural of things. We should be good there for at least 3 years.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2005, 11:20 AM
LT is a huge concern. We have pretty good talent at most other positions, including defense and special teams, and a ton of depth at WR, TE, RB (with Henry still here), QB (if we've really re-signed Matthews), and even the O line - except LT.

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2005, 11:47 AM
QB- JP Losman could go either way and our season depends on him.

LG/OL- Losman has said he is most comfortable with Teague at center but I doubt Gandy or Anderson can be the LG we need. This unit will have a huge factor on Losman's success and is not getting the attention it deserves from the front office. I see this as the biggest obstacle.

DT- I'm not sure the Bills have anyone who can replace Williams.

K- Lindell sucks, enough said.

RB- if Henry stays, we're all set here. Without Henry, we have no suitable backup if Willis gets injured.

Looking down the road-

CB- Clements is gone because we won't have the cap room to pay him.
WR- Moulds is gone, Evans will have to step up and we'll need a new #2 (or a new #1 if Evans doesn't step up)
QB/RB/WR- face it- Losman, Willis and Evans all have big paydays coming. How are we going to keep these guys and keep the #2 defense in tact. I don't want to end up like Indy: a great offense and a D with one good player.

Two years and we're back in "rebuilding mode"- uggh
Stop worrying so damn much girlie.

mysticsoto
04-25-2005, 11:53 AM
LT is a huge concern. We have pretty good talent at most other positions, including defense and special teams, and a ton of depth at WR, TE, RB (with Henry still here), QB (if we've really re-signed Matthews), and even the O line - except LT.
In an interview TD had about the draft, he mentioned that Gandy is the current starter at LT. He said Gandy's been doing great and that the only reason he hadn't been considered of such a high calibre was b'cse of past injuries...it'll remain to be seen what happens there.

BuffaloRanger
04-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Doing great in the weight room? Doing great fetching coffee during the draft? Doing great sucking Tom's rod?

They haven't practiced yet. How can he be anything but a big "?"

OpIv37
04-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Stop worrying so damn much girlie.

I'd rather worry now than be disappointed later.

ryjam282
04-25-2005, 12:08 PM
I am OK with things how they are until we can see progress or regress in training camp.

TedMock
04-25-2005, 12:09 PM
They haven't practiced yet. How can he be anything but a big "?"

Bingo. That's why I don't feel it was a mistake not overpaying for an early round tackle. So many of these guys who were projected to be high-mid round picks, went undrafted. They'd be even bigger "?" than Gandy. The OL makes me nervous, but I have to admit that they progressed nicely last season. We have two good run-blocking guards and a right tackle that really came into his own last year. Teague is okay, not great, but not bad. The big "?" is LT, and they seem to like Gandy. It would've been nice to keep Jennings, but not at even close to what the 49ers paid. I think this team is much better off than it was a few years ago. The main problem, unfortunately, was the gamble on Bledsoe. He was the wildcard, and it didn't pan out. If he would've been just a little bit above average, we're in the playoffs last year. Some of the issues over the last few years were the line, some were the QB. Henry went two years over 1300 yards and 10 TD's, and McGahee put up over 1100 last year with 10 starts. Even bouncing to the outside, hard running, tough effort by the RB's only takes you so far. The line has to do a decent job for that to happen no matter how you slice it. Yes, I'm concerned, but in no way can I possibly grade this draft, or any FA pickups, until they hit the field. Losman's as big a "?" as anybody else.