PDA

View Full Version : Are Evans and Parrish the League's Fastest Reciever Duo?

John Doe
04-25-2005, 04:28 PM
It's good to see some serious team speed at Wide Reciever.

Plus, they gained it at Tight End and Defensive Back.

EDS
04-25-2005, 05:20 PM

Definite upgrade in team speed.

THATHURMANATOR
04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Defensive back??

EDS
04-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Defensive back??

Eric King. Ran a 4.4 forty at his pro day. That is faster then McGee.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Probably the fastest....definitely the lightest. Let's hope the wind doesn't blow too hard this season or Parrish's nickname could be Peter Pan.

jamze132
04-25-2005, 05:59 PM
We really have the opportunity to stretch the field. Hopefully JP can throw the ball a long way and let them go get it.

You are going to see a lot of defenses playing the dime against us, especially on passing downs. Look out for McGahee on the draw.

Bling
04-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Let's hope the wind doesn't blow too hard this season or Parrish's nickname could be Peter Pan.

:snicker: God does the truth hurt...or in my case, HILARIOUS!

mysticsoto
04-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Eric King. Ran a 4.4 forty at his pro day. That is faster then McGee.
The one thing I do like about this guy is that he's a weight room guy and he apparently cannot stand to see others on the team slacking. He is the type that will be on top of any slacker that doesn't put their all into it. I'm wondering if that was part of the motivation to bring him into our team - an inside motivator for the rest of the team!

LifetimeBillsFan
04-25-2005, 11:51 PM
It seems like there is a common thread in a lot--most, if not all--of the guys that the Bills are drafting and signing as UFAs and that is that they are hard-workers who are intensely competitive and want themselves and their team to get better. It appears that, at a number of positions, the coaches are willing to sacrifice a little on raw physical talent in order in favor of this quality.

King, Giessinger, Gudmundsen, Ezekiel, and, even, Parrish and Everett all seem to have that kind of spirit as evidenced by some of the things that they have done in college. A.Gates, also: he was a guy who quietly sacrificed his own playing time and stats for the good of his team.

camelcowboy
04-25-2005, 11:57 PM

My biggest concern for the future, is their lack of size. especially in the redzone.

BuffaloRanger
04-26-2005, 02:08 AM
We really have the opportunity to stretch the field. Hopefully JP can throw the ball a long way and let them go get it.

You are going to see a lot of defenses playing the dime against us, especially on passing downs. Look out for McGahee on the draw.

You are going to see alot of teams stack the line until JP proves he can hit his WRs. Blitz packages will negate the long pass. JP will be throwing fast or running for his life until the line "jells" in front of him.

Quick crossing patterns hitting Roscoe across the middle could exploit some defenses and get him alot of YAC. Like ol' Andre Reed used to find that seam.

We'll see.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-26-2005, 06:00 AM
Jerry Porter - Randy Moss?

jmb1099
04-26-2005, 07:46 AM
NE has built a great team with a lot of guys who just plain out worked everyone else...it can work but it takes intense discipline to pull it off. Lossman has the arm, the question is weather or not he will have any time. As far as speed goes I think we now have the potential to be faster than we have ever seen in Buffalo.

justasportsfan
04-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Here's the short shuttle rankings.

Short Shuttle Times

4.00--- Vincent Jackson

4.01--- Roddy White

4.22--- Roscoe Parrish

4.23--- Mike Williams

4.38--- Braylon Edwards

DraftBoy
04-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Here's the short shuttle rankings.

Short Shuttle Times

4.00--- Vincent Jackson

4.01--- Roddy White

4.22--- Roscoe Parrish

4.23--- Mike Williams

4.38--- Braylon Edwards

that shows agility or acceleration not speed

justasportsfan
04-26-2005, 09:19 AM
that shows agility or acceleration not speed Never said it was about speed but I decided to put it in this thread instead You're welcome :mad:

DraftBoy
04-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Never said it was about speed but I decided to put it in this thread instead You're welcome :mad:

well thanks for the you're welcome :bf1: