• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Cardinals release OT Clement

Cardinals | Clement Released - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:30:18 -0700

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA Sports 910 in Arizona, reports the Arizona Cardinals have released OL Anthony Clement. The team tried to trade him during the NFL Draft, but were not able to find any potential trading partners.

Cardinals | Shelton Absent from Start of OTA - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:27:54 -0700

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA Sports 910 in Arizona, reports Arizona Cardinals OT L.J. Shelton was a no-show for the team's on-field training session Monday, April 25.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Clement played RT so he isn't what we need. If Arizona did try to trade him during the draft I bet they offered him to the Bills. We didn't take him so I don't think there is a high chance we pick him up now. Although he might be decent depth.

Arizona is also in a tough situation with Shelton. It looks like Shelton may be pulling a Henry. This may be a sign of Shelton about to be released or traded.

With that said, my impression of Mularkey's and TD's post draft conferences is that the players that are gonna start on our OL are already with the team. The don't seem very enamored by what Arizona had to offer.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romes
      the players that are gonna start on our OL are already with the team.
      good thing we picked up Holcomb... he's gonna be good for us when JP gets the snot knocked out of him all the time.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
        good thing we picked up Holcomb... he's gonna be good for us when JP gets the snot knocked out of him all the time.
        Holcomb might turn out to be the best aquisition this offseason.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

(but you might be right)

Comment

• Charlieguide
            Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

(but you might be right)
            hmm . . . cyn negs someone for being cynical.

The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
              • Aug 2004

:angry:
              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• nidan01
                • Apr 2005

On Shelton and Clement ....

Guys I'm a Cardinals fan and I have no axes to grind with you folks, it's not like the Cowfelons or the Rams so take small bit of info.
                1. Shelton is not a problem guy, just the reverse in fact
                2. Shelton is actually a pretty good LT, just not quite as good as L Davis
                3. He is not injury prone and pretty preatty good for several years
                4. When asked to try RT he did, he just isn't as good at RT as he is at LT
                Clement on the other hand is a different story
                1. Numerous injuries, most notably back and biceps
                2. Seems to do a good impersonation of a rotating bar stool at RT
                As for the trade with Henry, I'm still stunned like most analysts you didn't do a straight swap, I'm glad as I'm real happy with our our draft went making the trade irrevelvant.

You would have gotten and pretty good LT fairly cheap and got rid of a disgruntled player. You still have the disgruntled player while we have a good [if a bit overpriced] backup [but our cap is in good shape so no big deal].

Bottom line is if Shelton should get cut be glad if you get him but be afraid for your QB and running game if you sign Clement.

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

nidan01 welcome aboard and thanx for the input
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• ryven
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by nidan01

Guys I'm a Cardinals fan and I have no axes to grind with you folks, it's not like the Cowfelons or the Rams so take small bit of info.
                    As for the trade with Henry, I'm still stunned like most analysts you didn't do a straight swap, I'm glad as I'm real happy with our our draft went making the trade irrevelvant.

You would have gotten and pretty good LT fairly cheap and got rid of a disgruntled player. You still have the disgruntled player while we have a good [if a bit overpriced] backup [but our cap is in good shape so no big deal].

Bottom line is if Shelton should get cut be glad if you get him but be afraid for your QB and running game if you sign Clement.

Welcome to the board and thanx for the info.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Once SHelton is released, the bills will sign him for either minimum or half of the contract he has w/ the cards.... and we still keep Henry for a trade once someone goes down at minicamps.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• wbat27
                        • Apr 2003

I like your thinking justasportsfan

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by nidan01

And you don't think that Shelton isn't a disgruntled OT? Based on the fact that he failed to show for the start of OTA, I'd be willing to wager that he's a little unhappy. I can look at the Henry situation much the same as you can look at the Shelton situation. Buffalo has a good back-up running back with a cap friendly number for 2005. Best of all, I'm pretty certain that Henry will contribute more to Buffalo than Shelton will to Arizona and at half the price. Arizone better hope that Arrington is the answer at running back, or it could be another long season for the Cards.
                          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Once SHelton is released, the bills will sign him for either minimum or half of the contract he has w/ the cards.... and we still keep Henry for a trade once someone goes down at minicamps.
                            That's exactly what I'm thinking. A proven running back is always much more valuable than an unwanted lineman, especially when starting backs go down in the preseason.

Comment

• Nidan
                              • Oct 2004

note: I just discovered I already had an account here with my real handle nidan=nidan01

Actually, I know LJ to some extent and he isn't [or at least wasn't] disgruntled. he just never clicked with Denny. At the end of last season LJ hurt his ankle and it hampered his workouts. Denny was not happy with him when he came into the vol workouts.

The big deal here that you folks wouldn't know about is the old coaching regime and how that affected players and the transition.

Dave Mac was a great guy, as an amatur phtographer with a fan website we were lucky enough to have media passes for the Cardinals for several years. There is no doubt that Dave Macginnis is a great human being, however as a head coach IMO he has much to learn.

LJ was unfortunate enough to be injured in the transition period to Denny Green. BY the time he was working out again it was too late. DG is an SOB but just the kind of SOB the Cardinals needed.

I don't know if LJ will be cut and frankly I don't think LJ knows but I do know this. If he is cut and you need a LT be real happy if you sign him. His other big problem was Big ak Leonard Davies who under DG is emerging as not just good but potentialy one of the best LT. LJ is good but not that good.

Bottom line sign LJ in a hearbeat if you need a LT, pass on Clement.

Comment

Working...
                              X