PDA

View Full Version : Team Weaknesses and Strengths

Devin
04-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Forget trash talk, forget the rest of the draft. Lets get down to some good old fashioned football talk.

I am curious to see who thinks what of each current team thus far. Forget the rest of the draft. I would have to say right now I like the Bushwackers offensivley, and the Assassins on the D.

The Bushwackers have a great young O. Very very VERY fast with Vick at QB, and two very young fast athletic recievers, they have a young pass catching TE who was a probowler last season and helped San Diego go to the playoffs.

I think the Outlaws are comparable and I think we have built our teams very similarly. We both have a very young recieving corps as well as a young TE with great hands (we have Witten he has Gates). I think right now we are both lacking at OL but with Dillon in the backfield for me and Green in the backfield for him we have bruising RB's who can pound the ball all day.

While I am certainly kind of partial look at the numbers. The Outlaws grabbed 3 WR's all with 1K+ in yardage and over 30 TD's. If that isnt enough the Outlaws have a TE in Witten who adds 6-7 more TD's and almost another 1000 yards. Then Dillon in the backfield who added 1600+ yards with another 12 TD's on the ground all the while with Brady directing traffic. Thats a hell of an O.

The Assassins have an amazingly young, athletic D. His secondary is 2nd to none, and he has a sick LB corps. While everyone so far has "decent" D's I think the Assassins overall have the youth, big-play ability and have drafted so well on the secondary side of things that it will be very tough to get a great passing game going against them.

Overall Leader on Offense: Bushwackers
Overall Leader on Defense: Assassins

Forward_Lateral
04-25-2005, 07:33 PM
My Offense will be solidified after round 13. My D, on the other hand is a bit suspect, especially in the line.

L.A. Playa
04-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Dont sleep on Ally's team and Retro Raiders offense they have some pretty good players and if Priest stays healthy the Deuces have a good lineup Kinda hard to totally comment on everyones team thus far

Devin
04-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Thats the point of the thread. Teams thus far not what they will be.

Sportsuser101
04-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Really? Assassins? I think they're too young and may have reached for a few of them. I think mine and the Brewsers are the 2 best defenses. Bushwhackers are up there at the glamour positions but not much on the offensive line. Eb and Erie have nice setups so far offensively.

L.A. Playa
04-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Jersey does have a very strong Defense wish he wasnt in my division

Devin
04-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Eb and the assassins have fantastics lines, but on the O I have to wonder about playmaker ability.

The assassins D is just sick. Age wont matter in the sim so age is of no concern. So all that matters is stats. And I think this season and next Rich is in awesome shape.

Forward_Lateral
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Eb and the assassins have fantastics lines, but on the O I have to wonder about playmaker ability.

The assassins D is just sick. Age wont matter in the sim so age is of no concern. So all that matters is stats. And I think this season and next Rich is in awesome shape.

Agreed. My O-line will be very good after this round. I GUARANTEE it.

Sportsuser101
04-25-2005, 07:43 PM

The ratings matter the most in the sim and those young players were rated pretty low compared to where they were drafted.

L.A. Playa
04-25-2005, 07:44 PM
screaming eagles, rejects an rampage have good offenses

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I may lack big names and superstars but i think my D is very solid:

DE KGB
DT Corey Simon
DT Booger McFarland
DE Leonard Little
SLB Steve Foley
ILB Mike Peterson
WLB Will Witherspoon
CB Tory James
SS Adrian Wilson
FS
CB Anthony Henry

L.A. Playa
04-25-2005, 07:49 PM
But I am bieased about my own team I like the youth and begining pieces of my offense, defense and special teams

Sportsuser101
04-25-2005, 07:49 PM
I may lack big names and superstars but i think my D is very solid:

DE KGB
DT Corey Simon
DT Booger McFarland
DE Leonard Little
SLB Steve Foley
ILB Mike Peterson
WLB Will Witherspoon
CB Tory James
SS Adrian Wilson
FS
CB Anthony Henry
Seems like everybody has there defensive line done. You, MBedard, Devin, me.

The King
04-25-2005, 07:56 PM
DE Ogunleye
DT Stroud
ILB Hartwell
OLB Arrington
CB Woodson
S Reed
S Wilson

RetroRaiders81
04-25-2005, 07:58 PM
My LB'ing core with be uprgraded after this round.

Sportsuser101
04-25-2005, 07:59 PM
DE Ogunleye
DT Stroud
ILB Hartwell
OLB Arrington
CB Woodson
S Reed
S Wilson
I thought had your d line done. Must have been thinking of someone else.

Devin
04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
no one has a bad team, the point was to analyze where everyone was at currently. After 12 Rounds most of the CORE group of starters should be in place.

RetroRaiders81
04-25-2005, 08:02 PM
My team is evenly balanced right now, nothing sticks out except Manning and Owens.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
having only Corey Simon on the OL probably means i am weak at that spot.

Devin
04-25-2005, 08:05 PM
I am weak at LB's but I will fix that in the comming rounds.....I hope.

Sportsuser101
04-25-2005, 08:08 PM
having only Corey Simon on the OL probably means i am weak at that spot.
Probably even more weaker considering Simon is on the DL. :up:

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Probably even more weaker considering Simon is on the DL. :up:

LOL.... meant Chris Samuels

R. Rich
04-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Really? Assassins? I think they're too young and may have reached for a few of them. I think mine and the Brewsers are the 2 best defenses. Bushwhackers are up there at the glamour positions but not much on the offensive line. Eb and Erie have nice setups so far offensively.

You know, after looking at my defense, I've realized I've gone too young with players who are rated too low.

My team sucks!!

As far as the offense goes, I got the framework for the OL I wanted, but the one person I didn't get that I really wanted for my offense was Gates. I'm still happy to get Julius Jones at RB and Leftwich at QB, but I really wanted to pair them w/ Gates and have a nice power offense ala the Super Bowl champion Ravens.

Then again, Jones and Leftwich are too young and aren't highly rated either.

Sportsuser101
04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
You know, after looking at my defense, I've realized I've gone too young with players who are rated too low.

My team sucks!!

As far as the offense goes, I got the framework for the OL I wanted, but the one person I didn't get that I really wanted for my offense was Gates. I'm still happy to get Julius Jones at RB and Leftwich at QB, but I really wanted to pair them w/ Gates and have a nice power offense ala the Super Bowl champion Ravens.

Then again, Jones and Leftwich are too young and aren't highly rated either.
I sense sarcasm in that post lol.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I sense sarcasm in that post lol.

Really? I thought he was finally being honest with himself.

R. Rich
04-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Really? I thought he was finally being honest with himself.

You continue to build your team, O Canada, while I continue to build my franchise. I'm more concerned w/ putting the pieces in place for this inaugural season.

Devin
04-25-2005, 10:44 PM
wont matter cause the triple threat is gonna tear your teams apart.

cept Rich's secondary they frighten me.

ryjam282
04-26-2005, 06:47 AM
I got something brewing for your Triple Threat there Dev....Winfield and Springs can keep your boys in check and my #3 guy will do some damage....JUST WAIT ;)

Offense
QB Eli Manning
RB Priest Holmes
WR Randy Moss
TE Tony Gonzalez
OT Marvel Smith
G Pete Kendall

Defense
OLB TKO
MLB James Farrior
DE John Abraham (Hope he doesn't hold out) :snicker2:
DB Shawn Springs
DB Antoine Winfield
DT Rod Coleman

R. Rich
04-26-2005, 07:47 AM
That team doesn't look too bad, Ryan. You'll probably beat the crap out of my young, lowly ranked team.

ryjam282
04-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Thanks Rich, Yeah, I started to concentrate on D at first then got happy when I noticed Moss falling and then decided to switch focus a bit....Now I am all over the place. I need Priest to stay healthy for me and I will be good. I have to get a nice young back soon as Eli will be around for awhile

Michael82
04-26-2005, 09:35 AM
I am weak at LB's but I will fix that in the comming rounds.....I hope.
you need an offensive line before you do anything with that.

Devin
04-26-2005, 09:52 AM
I have my OT's, I will draft my OG's next then my LB's

R. Rich
04-26-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm going to draft all the best players and force eveyrone to trade me their best players, then force them to accept the players' cap value.

Canadian'eh!
04-26-2005, 10:54 AM
My starting D is set..... we're like that Pats. Less name recognition at LB and DB, but just a bunch of pure football players:

DE KGB - 27yo, double digit sacks every year including 13.5 last year, 2FF

DT Corey Simon - 28yo pocket collapser. had 5.5 sacks last year. stops the run too.

NT Booger McFarland - 27yo run stuffer. had an injury last year. still had 3 sacks. stuffs the run

DE Leonard Little - 30yo normally a double digit sack guy had 7 last year. had 9 FF 2 years ago. comeback year.

SLB Steve Foley - 29. rushes the passe from the LB spot. 10 sacks last year. 65 tackles. 12 PD's and 5 FF... throw in 2 picks and 2 rec andthis guy does it all.

ILB Mike Peterson - 28yo MLB. 136 tackles last year. very underrated. throw in 5 sacks too. normally picks off 2-3 passes a year but was shutout last year.

WLB Will Witherspoon - 24 yo. 102 tackles. 3 sacks. 4 INT's and 14 PD's.

CB Tory James - 31yo ballhawking CB. 8 INt's last year. can cover big WR's.

SS Adrian Wilson - 25. Hard hitting young SS. 102 tackles. 1 sack. 3 INts. 1 TD.

FS Ken Hamlin - 24. had 4 picks and 79 tackles in 2nd season.

CB Anthony Henry - 28. solid you corner. 4 picks last year. 10 as a FS in rookie season.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my D. I though Torry James was 2 years younger. Lots of good CB's around though. I don't have the name recognition of an Ed Reed or Freeney.... but the #'s are there and we aren't old.

DraftBoy
04-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Ive got holes on both sides of the ball but the team is coming together:

QB-Chad Pennington
RB-TBD-Still got alot of guys on the board I like as starters
FB-TBD-Who cares?
TE-TBD-Look for that pick in 10 mins
OT-Jordan Gross
OG-Eric Steinbach
OC-TBD
OG-TBD
OT-Mike Williams
WR-Chad Johnson
WR-Steve Smith

DE-Justin Smith
DT-Casey Hampton
DT-Albert Haynesworth
DE-Kenechi Udeze
OLB-Julian Peterson
ILB-TBD
OLB-TBD
CB-TBD
CB-TBD
S-Roy Williams
S-TBD

Overall im happy so far still lots of good players I got my eyes on and Im gonna start taking them in the next few rounds.