PDA

View Full Version : Where has all the humor gone?

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2005, 07:53 PM
I've noticed that when some people have joked on some of the picks on their size or smarts, others have been snapping back pretty hard. I dunno but at this point in time, I think it's fine to poke fun at a 5'8" CB or a guy who scores a 10 on the Wonderlic (which really means nothing given Marino got a 13 or something). There's not much else to talk about until training camp starts so why not crack a few harmless jokes?

It's not mean spirited...at least not when I've done it. :idunno:

justasportsfan
04-25-2005, 07:59 PM
The honeymoon w/ TD was over a couple of years now. The marriage could be on the rocks if the head of the house does not produce results soon.

BAM
04-25-2005, 08:00 PM
wuss
n. Slang

A person regarded as weak or timid and especially as unmanly: “Cats are for wusses, dog men say” (Laura Blumenfeld).

Dozerdog
04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
I don't mind making fun of a guy's wonderlic or his weight, or height.

However, I do love beating up on people when they come up with nonsensical logic on why things are done.

"TD didn't pick so and sobecause he's an egotistical a-hole!"

"Why did we turn down all those Henry Trade offers! What a F'in jackass"

"Mularkey is a puppet and doesn't make any player decisions"

"Ralph Wilson only wants to rip off the fans!"

You may agree or disagree with the plan on how to build a franchise- but I see it almost as a "sport" ripping on what I think are silly arguments. I'm not saying all heated debates I get into are silly, but you have to agree that some of these folks get pretty nuts over this stuff.

THATHURMANATOR
04-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I having been posting as much..

Sorry guys.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't mind making fun of a guy's wonderlic or his weight, or height.

However, I do love beating up on people when they come up with nonsensical logic on why things are done.

"TD didn't pick so and sobecause he's an egotistical a-hole!"

"Why did we turn down all those Henry Trade offers! What a F'in jackass"

"Mularkey is a puppet and doesn't make any player decisions"

"Ralph Wilson only wants to rip off the fans!"

You may agree or disagree with the plan on how to build a franchise- but I see it almost as a "sport" ripping on what I think are silly arguments. I'm not saying all heated debates I get into are silly, but you have to agree that some of these folks get pretty nuts over this stuff.
Oh I agree with ripping on stupid comments or arguing silly debates. I'm as guilty as the next guy. I just meant the jabs at the players themselves...

BAM
04-25-2005, 08:30 PM
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ME, CYNICAL???

:fury:

STAMPY
04-25-2005, 08:32 PM

Are You Talking to Me!!! :blowup:

BAM
04-25-2005, 08:46 PM
:snicker2:

ArcticWildMan
04-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Humor? We don't need any stinking humor!! :cynic:

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Humor? We don't need any stinking humor!! :cynic:
With that avatar, nothing you say can be funny...that damn thing is so ***** evil looking Chris Rock couldn't get a laugh with it.

Mr. Cynical
04-25-2005, 09:22 PM

Are You Talking to Me!!! :blowup:
:whistle:

camelcowboy
04-25-2005, 11:35 PM
I just make one comments about Flutie and His brother, and someone neg's me and tells me that i should move to a "monestary" , and that i should never come on the Forum again.

I right about about how i feel about Miami's uniforms and I get negged, and for people right comments half a page long, how this forum should be for seris football talk only.

I just feel there should be a little humor allowed on the forum. As long as it doesn't get personal. People need to lighten up,and be happy with life just like Mr Cynical.

YardRat
04-25-2005, 11:39 PM
which really means nothing given Marino got a 13 or something
So THAT'S where he got the idea for his jersey number.

BuffaloRanger
04-26-2005, 02:18 AM
It's a disppointing time of year. TD never goes with convential logic during the draft, but all us fans can do is study the convential logic from all the draft publications and form our own opinions. It leaves alot fans bewildered or even pissed.

We all want the Bills to improve and make the playoffs. This is TD's job, and he has scouts backing him up, so of course they are more qualified to make personnel decisions. That said, a TD led team has not made the playoffs in 7 seasons. So his job performance should not be beyond reproach. If this team takes a step back this year he should resign because his methods would be proven faulty.

On the brightside, unlike the fans of every other team in the NFL right now, we don't have to worry about our starting LT getting hurt...because we don't have one! (That's a joke.)

The_Philster
04-26-2005, 05:00 AM
be happy with life just like Mr Cynical.something just seems so wrong with that statement :eek:

mybills
04-26-2005, 07:34 AM
we don't have to worry about our starting LT getting hurt...because we don't have one! (That's a joke.)
C'mon, TD knows what he's doing..he picked up a center and he's gonna put Teague at LT! :snicker:

The King
04-26-2005, 07:52 AM
I :poop: on this thread.

Philagape
04-26-2005, 09:51 AM
I got negged for apparently negging someone, which I didn't :huh:

Jan Reimers
04-26-2005, 10:51 AM
There hasn't been any humor here since Weiler left. What a funny guy...

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2005, 11:05 AM
People need to lighten up,and be happy with life just like Mr Cynical.

:shocked:

:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
04-26-2005, 01:27 PM
something just seems so wrong with that statement :eek:
:shocked:

:roflmao:

:angel:

:snicker:

Mr. Cynical
04-26-2005, 01:28 PM
We all want the Bills to improve and make the playoffs. This is TD's job, and he has scouts backing him up, so of course they are more qualified to make personnel decisions. That said, a TD led team has not made the playoffs in 7 seasons. So his job performance should not be beyond reproach. If this team takes a step back this year he should resign because his methods would be proven faulty.Without stirring the pot too much, I agree 100%.

On the brightside, unlike the fans of every other team in the NFL right now, we don't have to worry about our starting LT getting hurt...because we don't have one! (That's a joke.):lol:

camelcowboy
04-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Without stirring the pot too much, I agree 100%.

:lol:
Your positive energy is uplifting :plane:

Mr. Cynical
04-26-2005, 01:38 PM
:posrep:

Crisis
04-26-2005, 02:10 PM
I've noticed that when some people have joked on some of the picks on their size or smarts, others have been snapping back pretty hard. I dunno but at this point in time, I think it's fine to poke fun at a 5'8" CB or a guy who scores a 10 on the Wonderlic (which really means nothing given Marino got a 13 or something). There's not much else to talk about until training camp starts so why not crack a few harmless jokes?

It's not mean spirited...at least not when I've done it. :idunno:

Because most of the humor isn't that funny.