PDA

View Full Version : No trade for Henry likely now

The_Philster
04-26-2005, 05:10 AM
The Titans flirted with the Buffalo Bills during the NFL Draft about acquiring running back Travis Henry, but the two sides failed to strike a deal.

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said it's unlikely his team will make another pass at the former University of Tennessee star, who has made it clear he wants out of Buffalo.

''Players' names come up all the time in trade discussions during the draft, so it is not unusual for that to happen,'' Fisher said last night. ''It is unusual for the trades to go through, however. His name did come up, but it is very unlikely anything else will be made of it. As far as I'm concerned it was a draft day issue.''..more (http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/draft/archives/05/03/68702451.shtml?Element_ID=68702451)

LifetimeBillsFan
04-26-2005, 06:04 AM
Interesting. Fisher and the folks in Tennessee may change their tune if C.Brown's turf toe recurs again during the preseason. Turf toe is definitely a problem that can recur and be a lingering problem. C.Brown had a pretty bad one last year and his back-up, A.Smith, left as a FA this off-season.

Jayhawk
04-26-2005, 06:15 AM
and behind him they have Jarret Payton and Walter Reyes. Damian Nash won't make the team.

ryjam282
04-26-2005, 06:56 AM
They are going to resign Eddie George too :snicker2:

That is what ESPN was saying this morning.

Pride
04-26-2005, 06:58 AM
While I am satisfied with TH staying... I highly doubt he will be on the roster come September. A big name RB always goes down due to injury. If TH was smart, he would play his butt off with the 2nd team during the preseason, and then depart for greener pastures!

Mr. Miyagi
04-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Agreed. Chris Brown is so injury prone they'll need a real back.