PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Price

ryven
04-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Is Marcus Price still a FA?

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Good question. I wouldn't mind bringing him back for depth/possible starter.

mysticsoto
04-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Good question. I wouldn't mind bringing him back for depth/possible starter.
At which spot? We have:

Tackles: Mike Williams, Mike Gandy, Jason Peters, Dyland McFarland, David Pruce and possibly Trey Teague.

Guard: Chris Villarial, Bennie Anderson, Ross Tucker, Lawrence Smith, Jason Esposito, Justin Geisinger, and Geir Gundmundsen.

Our only open spot/question mark is at LT and Price can't play that position.

Jan Reimers
04-26-2005, 01:18 PM
At which spot? We have:

Tackles: Mike Williams, Mike Gandy, Jason Peters, Dyland McFarland, David Pruce and possibly Trey Teague.

Guard: Chris Villarial, Bennie Anderson, Ross Tucker, Lawrence Smith, Jason Esposito, Justin Geisinger, and Geir Gundmundsen.

And don't forget the Bannan experiment at guard.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2005, 01:21 PM
At which spot? We have:

He came in for Jennings on a couple occasions and held his own. Who cares about Dyland Mcfarland, David Pruce?

If this is the case then why is everyone *****ing about bringing in another tackle. Obviously we are set.

Spielmanrules54
04-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Price has always been solid when either Tackle was hurt (and for Jennings, this was often). He can play LT as far as I'm concerned... I like him better than any other LT option we have. That includes switching Williams to the left side. Whenever Price plays he's "quiet" which is what your O-lineman to be... it means they're doing their job. whoever said he can't play LT must have not watched many Bills games the past 3 years because Jennings misses about 30-40% of his games and Price is the guy filling those shoes.

Bulldog
04-26-2005, 01:25 PM
At which spot? We have:

Last year Price filled in for Jennings and the offense didn't seem any worse off. I think its worth a try if he's still avaible.

ArcticWildMan
04-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Price could be a solid starter for us at LT. He's not flashy but he's very solid. You could argue that the right side of our line was better when he played for Mike Williams when he was hurt.

mysticsoto
04-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Bannan has been moved back to backup DT. That is probably the reason they didn't draft one.

mysticsoto
04-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Price has always been solid when either Tackle was hurt (and for Jennings, this was often). He can play LT as far as I'm concerned... I like him better than any other LT option we have. That includes switching Williams to the left side. Whenever Price plays he's "quiet" which is what your O-lineman to be... it means they're doing their job. whoever said he can't play LT must have not watched many Bills games the past 3 years because Jennings misses about 30-40% of his games and Price is the guy filling those shoes.
I don't dislike Price, but they let him go for a reason - whether it was b'cse he's starting to get old, durability issues or something else, I don't know. I never thought of Price as somone that could handle the job full time - just someone who can help out in a pinch. He did good as a backup, but I remember him making mistakes when he's left in too long and always hoped he would be temporary only.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2005, 01:35 PM
Price did not play nearly as well last season as he had in the past.

McFarland played fairly well in the pre-season. With Price's age, I don't think the Bills need him back.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Well if they feel that Mcfarland can do the same job I am all for it. I really haven't seen much from him but I am willing to give him a chance. I really don't think Price would be that expensive though.

I am thinking that Gandy will get a long look at LT.

justasportsfan
04-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Not resigning him could be a good sign simply because they might have someone from last year (Mcfarland?) who they think could do a better job than Price and he wasn't that horrible.

This could also be the reason why they didn't have a problem letting Jennings go and getting a replacement for him :idunno: All I know is that based on what we had last year and how Mcnally made it decent to go along with what he's done for other teams...... I trust MCnally's decisions.

Remember, Drew's sack total went down in Mcnally's 1st year and a lot of those sacks were Drew'ss fault too which means, w/ a mobile qb our Ol might be better than what it showed last year.

capitolneal
04-26-2005, 02:25 PM
I read somewhere that the experiment is now over

capitolneal
04-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Not resigning him could be a good sign simply because they might have someone from last year (Mcfarland?) who they think could do a better job than Price and he wasn't that horrible.

This could also be the reason why they didn't have a problem letting Jennings go and getting a replacement for him :idunno: All I know is that based on what we had last year and how Mcnally made it decent to go along with what he's done for other teams...... I trust MCnally's decisions.

Remember, Drew's sack total went down in Mcnally's 1st year and a lot of those sacks were Drew'ss fault too which means, w/ a mobile qb our Ol might be better than what it showed last year.
Funny how he gets the credit when if you look at the season it should be the emmergence of WM the sacks went down but if you think he can work magic with any scrub that isn't goona happen we are in worse shape than last yr and only one injury away (WM) froom being a 4-12 team I hate the fact we did not address the O-line in the draft (be it Terry or someone else) then I'm wondering how many 8and 9 man fronts we will see this year and the blitzing is gonna come from everywhere, think if you were an opposing d-coordinator
what would you do to a YOUNG QB? and then if we get far behind is Losman gonna have a chance to shine (when he has to throw)? I am one fan rooting for WM to stay healthy because he is the One that will neutralize the blitzes etc. and am thankful henry is'nt gone just in case

justasportsfan
04-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Funny how he gets the credit when if you look at the season it should be the emmergence of WM the sacks went down but if you think he can work magic with any scrub that isn't goona happen we are in worse shape than last yr and only one injury away (WM) froom being a 4-12 team I hate the fact we did not address the O-line in the draft (be it Terry or someone else) then I'm wondering how many 8and 9 man fronts we will see this year and the blitzing is gonna come from everywhere, think if you were an opposing d-coordinator
what would you do to a YOUNG QB? and then if we get far behind is Losman gonna have a chance to shine (when he has to throw)? I am one fan rooting for WM to stay healthy because he is the One that will neutralize the blitzes etc. and am thankful henry is'nt gone just in caseSwoosh. In case you didn't notice it was a spin.

No where did I give him total credit like it was fact . Did you even read the "could" and the :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2005, 03:43 PM
what would you do to a YOUNG QB? and then if we get far behind is Losman gonna have a chance to shine (when he has to throw)? I am one fan rooting for WM to stay healthy because he is the One that will neutralize the blitzes etc. and am thankful henry is'nt gone just in case

WM injury away from being 4-12? Forget the fact that we have a solid defense and currently still have TH on the roster. Do you really think that Terry would have stepped in and been solid this year anyways? Down the road maybe, but not this year.

ryven
04-26-2005, 03:43 PM
All I know is price was solid for us. Yes he made mistake but so did our whole line if we are worried about tackle I say lets bring price back give a chance to start atleast it would give us consistency on the OL he knows our system.

Canadian'eh!
04-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Price was very good filling in at both T spots... he's cheap and better than half the guys we have.... he should be brought in.

BuffaloRanger
04-26-2005, 04:26 PM
WM injury away from being 4-12? Forget the fact that we have a solid defense and currently still have TH on the roster. Do you really think that Terry would have stepped in and been solid this year anyways? Down the road maybe, but not this year.

I think a rookie like Terry would have made some mistakes, but he would have been better than Mike Gandy, Jason Peters, Dyland McFarland, David Pruce and possibly Trey Teague at LT.

If at guard he would have better than Ross Tucker, Lawrence Smith, Jason Esposito, Justin Geisinger, and Geir Gundmundsen.

Yes I can cut and paste with the best of them.

But Terry is not a Bill so screw him.

If the line isn't looking too good thru mini-camps do the Bills try to sign Kyle Turley when the Rams release him June 1st?

capitolneal
04-26-2005, 07:16 PM
VERY SOLID DEFENSE and GREAT SPECIAL TEAMS... but lets look back we loose PW (I wish we kept but not at minn. price) 2 games last yr we left the game in our defenses hands jax and nyj. and we win one then we our in the playoffs I promise that our offense HAS to keep the d off the field by running the ball (Power football) and if we lose WM howdo we do that? Travis yes he would work IMO he is a very good back and we got unlucky that this yrs backs were many (ie edge, droughns, alexander, etc, then the rookies) or we would have gotten a 2nd easy) thats how I get to 4-12 I hope I am wrong but damn these things are glaring needs that me as a fan see,

capitolneal
04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
:sorry: missed it just worried :band:
Swoosh. In case you didn't notice it was a spin.

No where did I give him total credit like it was fact . Did you even read the "could" and the :idunno:

Bulldog
04-26-2005, 07:46 PM
we are in worse shape than last yr and only one injury away (WM) froom being a 4-12 team

And I could probably say the same thing about 3/4 of the NFL.

1). Indy loses Manning
2). Atalnta loses Vick
3). NE loses Brady
4). Philly loses McNabb
5). Baltimore loses Lewis(RB)

I think you can say that about most teams. In the era of FA, if you lose one of your stars, your're going to struggle.

G. Host
04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Is Marcus Price still a FA?

Yes he is a FA (still listed on Bills Roster as unsigned along with Sullivan, Banta and Reese.

Last thing I heard they had injury concerns regarding him.

ddaryl
04-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Price has injury concerns and age.

At what point do you we keep older vets and hinder developement of your younger players.

We're trying to build an OL foundation, and I have to think keeping McFarland, Peters, Gandy or any other younger OT would be a wiser move for the long run then re-signing price.

Plus Price was solid, but I don't think we'll be seeing much of adrop off with him not being on the roster.