• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Benny Anderson

I didn't know a lot about this guy so I started to ask around since this area is completely saturated with Ravens fans. The general consensus on him seems to be that he is a stud...as a run blocker. I was told that he is a nasty bull of a blocker in this aspect and we can expect to see some huge holes for WM to run through. However, he is a dud as a pass blocker. I'm told he lacks technique and, quite frankly, is a turnstile on the line.
    I heard this same info from several different Ravens fans. Has anyone heard or seen anything that contradicts this?
  • buffmaniac
    • May 2003

Originally posted by Jeff1220
    However, he is a dud as a pass blocker. I'm told he lacks technique and, quite frankly, is a turnstile on the line.
    That's where McNally comes into play.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

If it's true, McNally should be able to help with his pass blocking techniques. And given Anderson's size, we should wind up with a pretty good LG.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

C'mon dude, McNally parted the Red Sea, I am sure he can make Anderson a vialble O-lineman.

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          C'mon dude, McNally parted the Red Sea, I am sure he can make Anderson a vialble O-lineman.
          McNally can walk on water, so he can teach Anderson how to passblock. His greatest feat is going to be making Trey Teague a decent left tackle. This will will require devine intervention.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

if it's technique and not instinct, size or speed, McNally can fix it.

BTW how do players make it to the NFL with bad technique? In Rochester you can't make a high school team with bad technique.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

LOL I had completely forgotten we signed this Benny guy.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Well at least he is good at something.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

I've heard the exact same thing, which makes the left side of our line a very dangerous to Losman.
                  You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                    I've heard the exact same thing, which makes the left side of our line a very dangerous to Losman.
                    Not really. That's what blocking TEs are for! And if you can get a blocking TE that can also catch (like this new Everett guy) then if the linemen don't need his help in a particular play, he can roll out to be an extra option for JP to throw to.

Comment

Working...
                    X