X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McGee
    • Aug 2004

Bills won't pull plug on Henry talks

Apr. 26 - Even though talks with several teams, including the Eagles, Cardinals and Bucs, failed to produce a deal, the Bills won't stop trying to move disgruntled running back Travis Henry. The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle speculates that the Eagles might still be interested in Henry, despite drafting Louisiana Tech's Ryan Moats in the third round.
    "We're still optimistic," Bills GM Tom Donahoe said. "We tried hard and it didn't work but that doesn't mean it won't . ...There are still a lot of options that are open."

The Titans talked to the Bills during the draft about trading for Henry, but coach Jeff Fisher told The Tennesssean he doesn't plan to pursue the issue any further.

"His name did come up, but it is very unlikely anything else will be made of it," Fisher told the paper. "As far as I'm concerned it was a draft day issue."
    I'm not sure what we'd get in return for Henry anymore.

• Romes
    • Jul 2002

Conditional picks for 2006. Although every team seems ok at RB now. It all comes down to who gets injured during camp/pre-season.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

I think that the eagles are still interested....they drafted Moats but apparently he is a lot like Westbrook who is a restricted FA and is holding out for more money. The eagles probably still want a pounder at RB, and Henry is the only good option at this point.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
        • Oct 2002

If not the Eagles then when June comes maybe something will happen when the cuts roll in.. Or something could happen during preseason if a teams starter goes down..

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

I was going to say Ahman Green's situation might end up helping the Bills, but then I remembered he is the league's only active four-straight ProBowler running back. That's a lot of whoopins before you go to jail.
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• 40 oz Bills
            • Apr 2005

Not going to happen until the preseason at the earliest, IMO.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Moats is a good back... runs with a lot more power than westbrook... good compliment guy. Westbrook is clearly their number 1... he just needs to limit himself to 25 runs/catches per game.

However he DOES have a contract dispute ongoing.

Comment

Working...
              X