PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters will be our starting LT on opening day

Armpalm Ali Musch
04-26-2005, 07:14 PM
On opening day vs. Houston, Peters will have won the starting LT spot on the Bills.

The guy has the size, speed, and altheticism to be a really good LT in this league. The Bills didn't go after a LT in the draft so they gotta put someone there. Teague could be an option but there are tons way more upside with Peters. Think about it.. do you think Peters can play anywhere else on the field? He will (hopefully) stay on the special teams unit too and be a monster because of his ridiculous speed and size. If he gets the footwork down even alittle bit, Peters will be out LT this year.

ddaryl
04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Lack of experience will keep him from being the starter opening day IMO, but he will get plenty of opportunity this year and possibly take over the duties as the year moves on.

Billsouth
04-26-2005, 07:23 PM
big d i agree. i think peters is going to be this year's wm.

RedEyE
04-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Peters - I don't think this is going to happen either.

I pray that Teague is pushed over to LT because "Duke" Preston won the C position in camp with an incredible amount of ease.

Novacane
04-26-2005, 07:28 PM
I doubt it.

The_Philster
04-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Considering blocking was his weakness at TE, I find that highly unlikely

Stewie
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Think about it.. do you think Peters can play anywhere else on the field? .

Dude c'mon. We all know he could play qb, rb, wr, te, ot, dt, lb, and s all at the same time.

YardRat
04-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Teague will start at LT, Preston at C.

ArcticWildMan
04-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Jennings was a rookie starter at LT wasn't he? Peters could easily start if his technique is solid.

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Peters is going to struggle to make the friggin' roster.

The only thing that will save him is his special teams contributions. Either that, or injuries to our OL or TE's.

Meathead
04-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Teague will start at LT, Preston at C.

Hey, you stole my prediction.

Meathead
04-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Peters as the starting LT?

Welcome to CrazyWorld.

ddaryl
04-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Peters is going to struggle to make the friggin' roster.

I disagree. The Bills have been working with him since last year. He was on the practice squad then finish the season on the roster where he did see spot duty on the OL. He did start one game but I'm not sure he started on the OL.

Peters will start the season as depth but I don't think he'll struggle to make the roster.

Meathead
04-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Two words:

Bud Weiser.

Oops, sorry, I meant:

Leif Larson.

Bert102176
04-26-2005, 09:13 PM
I actually think he'll be our starting LT also

ddaryl
04-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Leif Larsen was a gym rat. A guy with amazing strength but little to no football skills

Peters is a football player with great athletic ability, natural strength, immense size, and agility. Remember that blocked punt last season, that was all him.

He'll get a good long look this year.

jpdex12
04-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Leif Larsen was a gym rat. A guy with amazing strength but little to no football skills

Peters is a football player with great athletic ability, natural strength, immense size, and agility. Remember that blocked punt last season, that was all him.

He'll get a good long look this year.
Guys, come on! You're forgetting. We have McNally. He could turn Brian Moorman into our starting LT.

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 09:23 PM
OK people- name me the 9 OL we will have on the roster opening day, and the 3 TE's.

I give Peters a 60-40 chance of making the 51 man roster.

ddaryl
04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Guys, come on! You're forgetting. We have McNally. He could turn Brian Moorman into our starting LT.
This McNally line being used by the ministers of sarcasm is getting pretty old.

jpdex12
04-26-2005, 09:35 PM
This McNally line being used by the ministers of sarcasm is getting pretty old.
OK dude! New guy picking on the new guy. What up wit dat?

Neither of us have our stripes yet!

jamze132
04-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Since we don't really have a LT, why don't we just not use one! Lets put Lindel's sorry ass in that position and let him the kick the ball all the way to a first down! YEAH!

ddaryl
04-26-2005, 09:49 PM
OK people- name me the 9 OL we will have on the roster opening day, and the 3 TE's.

I give Peters a 60-40 chance of making the 51 man roster.Peters is also a ST's force which will increase his value above the 60-40 range IMO.

70 Teague, Trey OT/C 6-5 300 30 7 Tennessee

68 Williams, Mike OT 6-6 360 25 3 Texas

65 Tucker, Ross G/C 6-4 316 26 4 Princeton

58 Villarrial, Chris G 6-3 318 31 9 Indiana(Pa)

69 Gandy, Mike G/OT 6-4 310 26 4 Notre Dame

66 Anderson, Bennie G 6-5 345 28 4 Tennessee State

-- Preston, Duke C 6-5 311 22 R Illinois

71 Peters, Jason OT 6-4 328 23 R Arkansas

79 McFarland, Dylan OT 6-5 290 24 R Montana

Practice Squad
-- Geisinger, Justin OL 6-3 322 22 R Vanderbilt
-- Gusmudsend OT Albany

However I wouldn't be surprised if Gandy or Anderson doesn't make the team, and Geisenger beats one of them out, but their experience would be hard to let go this year while we put other rookies on the practice squad

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2005, 09:50 PM
I said the same thing the other day.

Listen to Mularkey and crew talk Peters up. He is gonna start, And he definetly will make the roster.

jpdex12
04-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Peters is also a ST's force which will increase his value above the 60-40 range IMO.

70 Teague, Trey OT/C 6-5 300 30 7 Tennessee

68 Williams, Mike OT 6-6 360 25 3 Texas

65 Tucker, Ross G/C 6-4 316 26 4 Princeton

58 Villarrial, Chris G 6-3 318 31 9 Indiana(Pa)

69 Gandy, Mike G/OT 6-4 310 26 4 Notre Dame

66 Anderson, Bennie G 6-5 345 28 4 Tennessee State

-- Preston, Duke C 6-5 311 22 R Illinois

71 Peters, Jason OT 6-4 328 23 R Arkansas

79 McFarland, Dylan OT 6-5 290 24 R Montana

Practice Squad
-- Geisinger, Justin OL 6-3 322 22 R Vanderbilt
-- Gusmudsend OT Albany

However I wouldn't be surprised if Gandy or Anderson doesn't make the team, and Geisenger beats one of them out, but their experience would be hard to let go this year while we put other rookies on the practice squad
No way that Anderson doesn't make the team. He's opened some gapping holes the last few years for "cocaine trafficing boy"!

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
I think the final cuts will be determined on a number of things-

Will Henry be gone for a draft pick? If he's on the roster- then one of the following will be on the bubble.

Joe Burns, Fast Freddie or Aikens, Peters (his special tems play will probably save him), Neufeld.

It all depends if we go with 5 or 6 wideouts, 3 or more TE's, and who will backup McGahee.

ddaryl
04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
No way that Anderson doesn't make the team. He's opened some gapping holes the last few years for "cocaine trafficing boy"!
He's a solid run blocker but is said to be a turnstyle in pass blocking. If someone steps up and is more balanced then its possible.

Personally I think Gandy has more of a chance of not making the team then Anderson, but in my projection they both make the team. Gandy has injury concerns from last year

Geisinger is the wild card can he show enough to make the final roster, or is he put on the practice squad ? If Geisinger makes the squad one of our G's has to be cut

jpdex12
04-26-2005, 10:21 PM
He's a solid run blocker but is said to be a turnstyle in pass blocking. If someone steps up and is more balanced then its possible.

Personally I think Gandy has more of a chance of not making the team then Anderson, but in my projection they both make the team. Gandy has injury concerns from last year

Geisinger is the wild card can he show enough to make the final roster, or is he put on the practice squad ? If Geisinger makes the squad one of our G's has to be cutI don't know if Anderson is as poor of a pass blocker as people have led on. I don't seem to remember either of our big D tackles or linebackers sacking Boley last year when they kicked our asses.

jpdex12
04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
I know that we've heard mixed reviews about Anderson's pass blocking abilities, but here's is what football scouts Inc. had to say:

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.
Name: Bennie Anderson
Position: Offensive Guard
Grade: 70 | Key (http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/features/scouting#key)
Alert: None

Comment:
Anderson has very good overall size and is an interior mauler. Has great size and is capable of wearing defenders down over the course of the game. In pass protection, he shows good awareness, does a nice job of recognizing the blitz and flashes the ability to pick up line stunts. Has a wide frame and uses his arms to force pass rushers to take a wider angle to the quarterback. However, Anderson has very little range and he needs to lose some weight to improve his mobility. He lacks the quickness to be effective on pulls or traps, doesn't show the ability to change directions quickly and is a liability in space. Lacks an explosive first step and will need help when working against one-gap pass rushers. Overall, Anderson has gone from a marginal starter that needed to be upgraded to an adequate starter on the rise.

Meathead
04-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah, Jason Peters will be the starting left tackle for a first-year starter.

Right after my nipples start dripping liquid gold.

TigerJ
04-27-2005, 12:01 AM
Peters has all the measurables. Everything depends on whether he has the smarts to pick up the techniques McNally is trying to teach and then learning all he needs to know of the playbook with respect to line calls. From what we've heard of Peters' legendary mental capacity, that is far from a given.

Meathead
04-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Seriously.

One mistake their and their 20-million dollar man is turf toast.

No way they let Peters open the season as the starter. They'd put Gandy or Teague there by default before Peters. And it's a longshot that he's be given the starting job for at least another two years. The only reason they're mentioning him with the other two is because they want to keep him pushing.

He'll stay on the roster cuz he's been a strong ST-er. But he ain't starting the season at tackle.

The_Philster
04-27-2005, 03:13 AM
I disagree. The Bills have been working with him since last year. He was on the practice squad then finish the season on the roster where he did see spot duty on the OL. He did start one game but I'm not sure he started on the OL.

Peters will start the season as depth but I don't think he'll struggle to make the roster.

He only played TE last year, I believe

SABURZFAN
04-27-2005, 05:33 AM
On opening day vs. Houston, Peters will have won the starting LT spot on the Bills.

The guy has the size, speed, and altheticism to be a really good LT in this league. The Bills didn't go after a LT in the draft so they gotta put someone there. Teague could be an option but there are tons way more upside with Peters. Think about it.. do you think Peters can play anywhere else on the field? He will (hopefully) stay on the special teams unit too and be a monster because of his ridiculous speed and size. If he gets the footwork down even alittle bit, Peters will be out LT this year.

i don't think so.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Actually this isn't the first place I heard this, but I still don't believe it.

Jan Reimers
04-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Listen to Mularkey and crew talk Peters up. He is gonna start, And he definetly will make the roster.
I was on The Stadium Wall recently and saw a post that had McNally - during a speech - calling Peters a "phenom" and apparently talking him up pretty good. He may at least be our LT of the future.

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2005, 06:34 AM
Peters is a solid backup at 16 different positions. He isn't going anywhere.

don137
04-27-2005, 07:26 AM
IMO If Buffalo thought that Jason Peters had true potential at OL and being as raw at the position as he is you would think he would play in NFL Europe this year. Rather have a scrub as a test dummy QB than find out the hard way with Losman.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2005, 07:28 AM
Sending position players that you expect a contribution from to NFLE never happens. That would have had Peters playing football, full-time for a year and a half. The human body needs a break.

Dozerdog
04-27-2005, 07:31 AM
Sending position players that you expect a contribution from to NFLE never happens. That would have had Peters playing football, full-time for a year and a half. The human body needs a break.

Yeah- after 35-40 kickoff coverages and a couple of punt formations, the guy must have been real tired.

He's in on 5-6 plays a game. I think he could have toughed it out.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2005, 07:36 AM
You forgot the practices all week.

askabry
04-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Gandy will go on injured reserve, or simply get cut.

Williams RT
Villarial RG
Preston C
Anderson LG
Teague LT

backups: Peters LT; Tucker G/C; McFarland RT; Dorenbus LS/C.

TE:
Campbell, Everett, Neufeld.

PS:
Geisinger; Euhus; maybe Gomez (who? Look him up. He might make the squad, actually, and dispose us of Dorenbus.)

don137
04-27-2005, 07:51 AM

If he is going to make the switch to OL he needs as much game experience as possible. He can tough it out for one year. Its better than not having a true position other than special teams and risk being cut.

mysticsoto
04-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Gandy will go on injured reserve, or simply get cut.

Williams RT
Villarial RG
Preston C
Anderson LG
Teague LT

backups: Peters LT; Tucker G/C; McFarland RT; Dorenbus LS/C.

TE:
Campbell, Everett, Neufeld.

PS:
Geisinger; Euhus; maybe Gomez (who? Look him up. He might make the squad, actually, and dispose us of Dorenbus.)

Dorenbos??? Please! He's gone. We don't need a roster spot filled with someone who only can do one thing! I think Preston or one of the new linemen also does long snapping - I read it somewhere...

As for TEs, it will be Campbell, Everett and Euhus. There is no way they will keep inept Neufeld over Euhus who showed alot of potential before he got hurt. Gomez is a wild card. I think he's doing okay in Europe and also can handle long snapping, but probably doesn't have enough to unseat these top 3.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-27-2005, 08:19 AM
I have been saying right along that Peters will end up being our starting LT. It may not be on opening day, but it will happen.

Aside from the fact that McNally was quoted a few weeks ago as stating that Peters has everything that you would want in a LT, I see further support for Peters becoming the starter at LT in the following:

When J.Jennings signed with SF, TD and M.Mularkey were quoted as saying that T.Teague was going to move from C to LT. Then, in the same article where McNally gave his opinion of Peters that I mention above, M.Mularkey was quoted as saying that Peters could make a contribution at the position, if he learns what he still needs to learn quickly enough.

Now, read this quote from M.Mularkey this week (which I have already posted twice before!):

"The big question mark on the roster still is left tackle. Coach Mike Mularkey said Mike Gandy, an unheralded free-agent pickup, and Jason Peters, the converted tight end, will vie for the job, and center Trey Teague "would get some snaps over there as well."

Instead of Peters maybe making a contribution, if, suddenly M.Mularkey is saying that Peters will compete with Gandy for the starting LT job. And, now, instead of T.Teague moving from starting C to become the starting LT, he will "get some snaps over there".

The difference in the way that M.Mularkey has been talking about Peters is subtle, but significant and indicates that Peters has already shown enough improvement in the off-season workout program to have already impacted the way that the HC is thinking about who will start at the LT position before training camp has begun. That's progress, my friends--the kind of progress that, if it continues, will eventually land Peters in the starting line-up. It may be that Gandy will begin the season as the starting LT, with Teague spelling him occasionally, based on experience, but, with his physical attributes and the progress he has been making, it is going to be hard to keep Peters out of the starting line-up if he continues to make the same kind of progress.

Considering blocking was his weakness at TE, I find that highly unlikely
Where did you see that? According to the articles about Peters' play at TE last year, Peters' problem was not his blocking, but the fact that he was having difficulty getting off of the line of scrimmage on pass plays. There were a couple of articles on the BZ front page where M.Mularkey specifically mentioned that Peters' biggest problems at the TE position were in his inability to get a good release due to poor technique.

Also, while some draft reports last year downgraded Peters on his blocking, before the draft CNN did a special report on Peters that highlighted what a devastating blocker he was in college. I also saw Peters play a lot in college and I agreed with that assessment--IMHO, he was a very good blocker as a TE, but needed to be more physically disciplined and refine his techniques to play OT on the pro level where he would not be able to simply overpower people.

He only played TE last year, I believe
According to an article that appeared during last season, a week or two after being placed on the PS, Peters, who was not getting a lot of work in practice, approached McNally about working with the O-line during practices. McNally agreed and, until Peters was moved back to TE after Campbell and Euhus were injured, Peters worked with the offensive line in practice. That's when Peters' conversion to an offensive lineman began and, according to that article, McNally continued to tutor Peters even after he was moved back to TE at the end of the season. A more recent article about Losman or one of the other young Bills who has spent the off-season in Buffalo doing extra work also mentioned that J.Peters was one of the other Bills who was doing the same thing. If true, I suspect that may be why what M.Mularkey comments about Peters have changed as much as they have--it is possible that Peters may be getting tutoring from McNally in a similar way that Losman has been getting tutored by S.Wyche.

TedMock
04-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Right after my nipples start dripping liquid gold.

Sweet! Can I be you agent?

askabry
04-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Dorenbos??? Please! He's gone. We don't need a roster spot filled with someone who only can do one thing!

Oh!!! I see your point now!!!!

Just one question ... what was he doing last year on the roster? Why is it that most NFL teams keep a player pretty much specifically for this purpose??

The ability to long snap isn't all that hard to find, mystic. The ability to do it quickly and accurately is. Dorenbus, from what I recall, gets the ball back there a half second faster than anyone else in the NFL.

That's a pretty unique ability, and given the emphasis on our ST ... I think he'll have a pretty good shot at the squad.

dannyek71
04-27-2005, 08:39 AM
500 zbs that Peters does not start opening day at LT for us..

If anyone cares to make this bet send me a PM

LifetimeBillsFan
04-27-2005, 08:39 AM
At the start of the season:

RT: M.Williams/D.McFarland/M.Gandy
RG: C.Villarial/M.Gandy
C: T.Teague/R.Preston/R.Tucker
LG: B.Anderson/R.Tucker
LT: M.Gandy/J.Peters/T.Teague

If J.Peters is not ready to start at the beginning of the season, he will be inactive until he is ready to play. If Peters wins the starting LT spot, D.McFarland will be inactive most games, unless R.Preston proves unready to spell T.Teague at center early on, in which case Preston will be inactive.

PS: Gudmundsen and Geissinger.

By the end of the season, barring injuries, I would not be surprised to see this unit playing most of the time, regardless of who gets introduced as the starters:

RT: M.Williams
RG: C.Villarial
C: R.Preston
LG: B.Anderson
LT: J.Peters

Back up OG/OT: M.Gandy
Back up C/LT: T.Teague
Back up C/OG: R.Tucker (Tucker may sit some games)
Back up RT: D.McFarland (probably will sit unless there is an injury or Preston is unable to crack this group)

PS: Geissinger--being groomed to replace R.Tucker
PS: Gudmundsen--being groomed to replace C.Villarial (T.Teague's roster spot)

LifetimeBillsFan
04-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Oh!!! I see your point now!!!!

Just one question ... what was he doing last year on the roster? Why is it that most NFL teams keep a player pretty much specifically for this purpose??

The ability to long snap isn't all that hard to find, mystic. The ability to do it quickly and accurately is. Dorenbus, from what I recall, gets the ball back there a half second faster than anyone else in the NFL.

That's a pretty unique ability, and given the emphasis on our ST ... I think he'll have a pretty good shot at the squad.
If he's healthy, Dorenbos probably will make the squad as LS specialist. I see Gomez as insurance that Dorenbos has recovered from his injury.

mysticsoto
04-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Some of you are confused in thinking that Jason Peters can't block. As LTBF said, his blocking skills have never been in question - atleast not in there entirety. What he does need to work on is technique at the line - something that McNally excels at teaching. Peters is criticized heavily here b'cse of his Wonderlic score, but that doesn't mean he can't understand football. The good thing about teaching technique is that it is physical. As a karate instructor, we learn to teach "technique" in different ways:

1) You can "speak it" and verbally tell them how it is done. Some people can learn just by hearing what they need to do. I suspect Preston might be one of these type of people and why they chose him to be our center.

2) "By showing", or some people may call this "by example". Some people are visual and once they see what they need to do, they can copy it and do it.

3) "By repetition" - help them do it and do it and do it until it becomes muscle memory - meaning your body just does it without you even thinking about it b'cse it is so used to it. This is a good technique for people who "just don't get it" any other way.

In truth, teaching uses a combination of the above technique if not all. Alot of "how" you learn to do something depends on your teacher also. McNally is constantly described as a great teacher. So if anything, I think that lends credence to Peters possibly being able to progress and learn what he needs to learn.

For those of you who may have forgotten, here is his scouting report before he was drafted: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/41242.html

POSITIVES: Large, athletic tight end that stands out on the field. Blocks with leverage, strength and turns defenders from the play. Annihilates linebackers on the second level, gets movement from run blocks and effective when he stays with the action. Fluid releasing off the line into pass routes, runs well and displays soft hands. Gets vertical for the reception and makes the difficult catch in contorted positions.

NEGATIVES: Not quick off the snap or explosive into blocks. Gets lazy and leans on opponents rather than blocking them. Lets the pass get into his frame. Not overly alert or a prospect that shows great wherewithal.

ANALYSIS: A physical specimen with great natural gifts, Peters has the skills to be a dominant and complete tight end if not a very athletic left tackle. Will have trouble playing a position at 320 pounds and must shed weight but a prospect with a large upside.

PROJECTION: Early Fourth Round

ParanoidAndroid
04-27-2005, 11:03 AM
My expert prediction. :D
RT - Williams
RG - Villarreal
C - Preston
LG - Anderson
LT - Teague

Back-ups: Gandy, Geisinger, Tucker, Peters :brace:

Preston is a fast learner and coaches will want J.P. and him to grow at the same time.

Gandy will compete well for the LT spot but Teague will beat him out in camp.
Gandy is the new Marcus Price.

Peters will spend another year as a situational and special teams player while he continues to develop. He'll be on the o-line depth chart.

McFarland goes back to the practice squad.

Geisinger makes the roster and slips ahead of Tucker by season's end.

dannyek71
04-27-2005, 11:33 AM
mine:

RT Williams
RG Viraial
C Preston
LG R Tucker
LT Anderson

Teague: Cut

BuffaloRanger
04-27-2005, 11:49 AM
All this talk of Peters at LT is premature until he actually practices for real at LT. I'm sure he got some snaps at practice last year at LT. But day in and day out blocking rushing DEs will expose his weaknesses or confirm his strengths.

Mudflap1
04-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Why is everyone selling Tucker short? The guy is solid. What I would suggest at this point is to resign Marcus Price (unless there are injury concerns that we don't know about), and have Marcus Price, Trey Teague, and Mike Gandy battle it out for the LT spot. You can have Peters also play there, but his primary role at this point should be project mode. Then you have Teague and Tucker battle it out for the center position. Best combination works. The RT, RG, and LG are all pretty much set, and both centers are halfway decent, so it's just comes down to who can play LT the best. If it's Jason Peters, this team is buc-funked, because the guy was an undrafted free agent TE from Arkansas last year. Yeah, he might have the ability to possibly play LT, but it's going to take a while for him to get groomed.

I'd like some of the heroin some of you guys are using around here... I wish I could see everything in rose-colored glasses... this team ain't as good as you guys think it is... a lot of you are in store for a big disappointment... hate to say it that way, but I think there are a lot of high hopes here that are unsubstantiated...

Jon

ddaryl
04-27-2005, 12:43 PM
mine:

RT Williams
RG Viraial
C Preston
LG R Tucker
LT Anderson

Teague: Cut
No way !!!! Anderson is a very adequate at best pass blocker. He is an interior lineman only.

They will not cut Teague. Teague is one of our best most experience OL.

Why is everyone selling Tucker short? The guy is solid. What I would suggest at this point is to resign Marcus Price (unless there are injury concerns that we don't know about), and have Marcus Price, Trey Teague, and Mike Gandy battle it out for the LT spot. You can have Peters also play there, but his primary role at this point should be project mode. Then you have Teague and Tucker battle it out for the center position. Best combination works. The RT, RG, and LG are all pretty much set, and both centers are halfway decent, so it's just comes down to who can play LT the best. If it's Jason Peters, this team is buc-funked, because the guy was an undrafted free agent TE from Arkansas last year. Yeah, he might have the ability to possibly play LT, but it's going to take a while for him to get groomed.

I'd like some of the heroin some of you guys are using around here... I wish I could see everything in rose-colored glasses... this team ain't as good as you guys think it is... a lot of you are in store for a big disappointment... hate to say it that way, but I think there are a lot of high hopes here that are unsubstantiated...

Jon

As for Marcus Price. He is a little banged up and is an adequate back up. I believe the Bills feel there young OL are better then Price so they will not
re-sign him. The Bills need to keep their young OL on the roster and get them the experience they need. Most of our OL got a year in last year and are ready to fill in those depth positions. Price is just to old with no real future on the team.

In regard to Peters... Every single succesful team in the NFL can attribute there success partially to the contributions of an unlikely candidate. Every superbowl team win or lose has players that rise up and fill in key roles. If the Bills are going to take it to the next level unsung heroes are going to rise up.

We know Peters is a football player, I don't think he'll start the season at LT but he'll be in the mix on the OL all year.

Meathead
04-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Sweet! Can I be you agent?
I think you're just trying to milk me.

finsrclowns
04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Peters is one of those "teaser" players that excites everyone's imagination because he possesses amazing athletic ability. But people tend to overestimate what he can do. When he was coming out of college he was projected widely to be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. He wasn't even picked. Why? The main two reasons cited at the time were his questionable work ethic and the fact that he couldn't spell C-A-T if you spotted him the C and the A.

Perhaps he's maturing which is a good thing and perhaps over time he could develop into a starter at LT. But if you think the Bills are even thinking about sending their first year starting QB out to play behind a guy that to my knowledge has never taken a real game snap at LT, I'd tell you to pass along whatever you're smoking. It ain't gonna happen.

starting lineup:

LT Trey Teague
LG Benny Anderson
C Ross Tucker
RG Chris Villarial
RT Mike Williams

Mudflap1
04-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Peters is one of those "teaser" players that excites everyone's imagination because he possesses amazing athletic ability. But people tend to overestimate what he can do. When he was coming out of college he was projected widely to be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. He wasn't even picked. Why? The main two reasons cited at the time were his questionable work ethic and the fact that he couldn't spell C-A-T if you spotted him the C and the A.

Perhaps he's maturing which is a good thing and perhaps over time he could develop into a starter at LT. But if you think the Bills are even thinking about sending their first year starting QB out to play behind a guy that to my knowledge has never taken a real game snap at LT, I'd tell you to pass along whatever you're smoking. It ain't gonna happen.

starting lineup:

LT Trey Teague
LG Benny Anderson
C Ross Tucker
RG Chris Villarial
RT Mike Williams
Good stuff.

Jon

Mr. Cynical
04-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I think you're just trying to milk me.
:doh:

ScottLawrence
04-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Some of you aren't making sense.

We signed Anderson for a reason, thats to start.

It will look like this in the beginning of the season, IMO:

LT-Gandy
LG-Anderson
C-Teague
RG-Villarrial
RT-Williams

Gandy will start the season at LT, Peters ends the season there.

Superhero
04-27-2005, 09:08 PM

Maybe opening day 2006