PDA

View Full Version : "Experts" pick Bills

fabolouspaul
12-13-2002, 05:10 PM
Check it out, they're actually picking us to win!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/2002_index.html

RedEyE
12-13-2002, 05:23 PM
I think that problems get worse for the Bills. Chargers win this one.

Cntrygal
12-13-2002, 06:06 PM
How many games have we won, that they've picked? I think we do better when we are "picked to lose".

:scratch:

German
12-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Who knows, the way it looks right now we could have the same game time weather conditions as in the Miami game.

If the weather is o.k. the chargers will win a close one.
Tomlinson will kill us.

WCoastFin
12-13-2002, 09:10 PM
As much as I wouldnt mind the bills winning this one I just dont see it happening....lots of people are picking Buffalo everywhere and I cant see why...maybe they figure the weather is going to help....

mackey789
12-14-2002, 12:08 AM
bills win by 10

Dolphinatic
12-14-2002, 03:43 AM
I for one will be rooting for the Bills, but my reasons only relate to playoff scenarios, so I won't bore you with them. They'd be out of place here.

clumping platelets
12-14-2002, 04:03 AM
Go Raiders!!

WG
12-14-2002, 07:26 AM
I think the reason is that Conway may not play and if he does, he'll be significantly hampered by his injury. Shoulder I believe.

After that, the Chargers' receivers are Dwight, Mr. $5M, Tomlinson, and Alexander, a TE. Other than that, they've got no one. Oh..., sorry..., I forgot Flutie! :rolleyes: Yeah, he'll have 9 catches for 12 yards and a fumble!

But I gotta agree w/ German here. If we can't generate some offensive points, Tomlinson is going to kill us. The Charger pass D isn't great on paper, but that's largely b/c teams haven't always had the most success rushing against them.

If the Chargers go up by a FG, then count on Gilbride to panic and go with the notion that we're "behind" and need to throw. Actually, the weather or some other "excuse" may be the impetus for his suggesting that as well. :D

But if all we do is throw, and all they do is run, I agree, we're sunk, again. Having said that, I had to pick us in this game. I mean come on, if we can't beat a one-dimensional Charger team simply on the merits of outscoring them, then we really suck. I think we can, but only if Henry gets 25+ carries. If Drew puts up the ball 50+ times and Henry only gets a dozen or so carries, then, well, we've seen that song & dance enough times this season to make a billygoat puke.

WG
12-14-2002, 07:27 AM
BTW, Dwight, Tomlinson, and Alexander, have only 131 catches, 2 TDs, and just over 1,100 yards among them. So having Conway will be huge. Flutie is a red herring. That's why that info was released so early in the week.

Cntrygal
12-14-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic
I for one will be rooting for the Bills, but my reasons only relate to playoff scenarios, so I won't bore you with them. They'd be out of place here.

;) nice to see ya. Did you see my "dolphin/raider" thread in the nfl forum? :D

SABURZFAN
12-14-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I think the reason is that Conway may not play and if he does, he'll be significantly hampered by his injury. Shoulder I believe.

according to this article,conway will be starting.

http://foxsports.lycos.com/content/view?contentId=801170

Dolphinatic
12-14-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

;) nice to see ya. Did you see my "dolphin/raider" thread in the nfl forum? :D

Just had a peek, and it's pretty much empty at the moment. I guess there isn't much enthusiasm around here for a game between what most league analysts consider the two best teams in the AFC.

Oh well.

I'm still rooting for the Bills this weekend.

OK, I'll bore you with why: A Chargers loss ensures that there will be no 11-5 wild card team from the West. If the Fins finish 10-6, this is a Good Thing for us.

Also, I'm hoping you can slow down Tomlinson, since it would be fun (if not surreal) for Miami to have the league's leading rusher this season.

WG
12-14-2002, 03:59 PM
Yeah, good luck. We can do a lot of things at times, but I'd wager the farm that Tomlinson easily has over 100 and I'm just hoping he doesn't have 200.

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

according to this article,conway will be starting.

http://foxsports.lycos.com/content/view?contentId=801170

Yeah, I know. They were saying that yesterday, that he's practicing fine. He couldn't lift his arm at the initial injury and who knows if this is the type of nerve thing that comes back after some serious tackles/hits. If he's fine, I think we'll be in trouble. All Brees needs to do to help make this a productive day for the Charger O is to not turn the ball over multiple times.

At this point, all I would like to see is the offense pull itself back together and put up some points. I would rather see us do that than win the game 13-10. I'd rather see a 37-34 loss as long as the offense rolls.

Cntrygal
12-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic
Just had a peek, and it's pretty much empty at the moment. I guess there isn't much enthusiasm around here for a game between what most league analysts consider the two best teams in the AFC.

I thought you would love the icon that is used for the link. :D

There'll be more enthusiasm if everyone but us loses. ;)

Dolphinatic
12-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

I thought you would love the icon that is used for the link. :D

There'll be more enthusiasm if everyone but us loses. ;)

Why? Is there still some bizarre scenario in which the Bills can win the East at 9-7? (One that doesn't include ties, I mean.)

I'm not saying there isn't. I ran through all Miami's playoff-making chances for the Fin board last night, but I didn't bother looking at whether the Bills can still win the East (with a 2-4 division record, no less).