PDA

View Full Version : Potential Super Bowl nightmare scenario...

OpIv37
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
ok, well it's not truly a nightmare since it involves the Bills winning. But it's something that could potentially happen at any time The Bills make it to the SB and are are down by 1 with 12 seconds left on the clock. They line up for a 47-yard field goal. Of course, the broadcasters will have the Norwood clip ready to go, and we'll be forced to watch it at least twice before the kick comes.

Then the field goal goes up and through. BUT... there's still 6 seconds left on the clock. What happens? The broadcasters show the Music City Mirage at least twice while they set up the kick-off. This time, the Bills ST holds up, and it becomes the greatest moment in Buffalo sports and propels our team into immortal glory. But before it can happen, we have to re-live the two most excrutiatingly painful moments in our teams history. Even in our finest hour, we'll have to re-live our worst nightmares.

ajsdx
04-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Gee, you know, even after all that it really doesn't sound so bad.

OpIv37
04-26-2005, 08:26 PM
oh it would absolutely be worth it to win the SB. But once the initial adrenaline rush and euphoria of the moment wears off, I would be pissed that they showed that garbage at that moment. It's like showing pictures of a scientist getting a swirlie from the football team in HS while he's receiving the Nobel Prize in physics.

Italian Stallion
04-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Don't forget the first time that Willis would carry the ball, they would show the fiesta bowl injury....

but in the end would have won...that's all that matters, and none of those media ass lickers could take that away from us.

Devin
04-26-2005, 08:35 PM
if it means a superbowl win ill take it. Hell ill sell my girlfriend, a kidney and my car for a SB win.

Philagape
04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
A SB win would bury all of the crap from the past. It would break the curse. Nothing else would matter anymore.

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 10:55 PM
if it means a superbowl win ill take it. Hell ill sell my girlfriend, a kidney and my car for a SB win.
Sell your girlferind's Kidney and her car. :up:

Spielmanrules54
04-26-2005, 10:58 PM
I would watch a week-long ALF re-run marathon if it meant the Bills were gonna win the SB!:lmao:

Slim
04-26-2005, 11:03 PM

thanks for taking one for the team

kevinj22
04-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Dude I wouldn't care if they showed those clips every down of the SB. Ass long as we win it they can do whatever the hell they want to do. All I want is "ONE" SB, I'm not greedy.........yet!

G. Host
04-27-2005, 03:30 PM
ok, well it's not truly a nightmare since it involves the Bills winning. But it's something that could potentially happen at any time The Bills make it to the SB and are are down by 1 with 12 seconds left on the clock. They line up for a 47-yard field goal. Of course, the broadcasters will have the Norwood clip ready to go, and we'll be forced to watch it at least twice before the kick comes.

Then the field goal goes up and through. BUT... there's still 6 seconds left on the clock. What happens? The broadcasters show the Music City Mirage at least twice while they set up the kick-off. This time, the Bills ST holds up, and it becomes the greatest moment in Buffalo sports and propels our team into immortal glory. But before it can happen, we have to re-live the two most excrutiatingly painful moments in our teams history. Even in our finest hour, we'll have to re-live our worst nightmares.

And maybe Willis will lose his helmet as well......

While I loved the 90's I am ready for new memories.

Mudflap1
04-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah, what if the kick misses again? Then it will be REALLY bad...

Jon

Dicknoze69
04-27-2005, 04:45 PM
We're starting to sound like Red Sox fans when they kept talking about the curse and showing Babe Ruth clips every playoff game.

justasportsfan
04-27-2005, 04:45 PM
The fins winning it all would be a nightmare.

Mr. Cynical
04-27-2005, 06:03 PM

Then the field goal goes up and through. BUT... there's still 6 seconds left on the clock. What happens? The broadcasters show the Music City Mirage at least twice while they set up the kick-off. This time, the Bills ST holds up, and it becomes the greatest moment in Buffalo sports and propels our team into immortal glory. But before it can happen, we have to re-live the two most excrutiatingly painful moments in our teams history. Even in our finest hour, we'll have to re-live our worst nightmares.Good one... :up:

Here's a twist:

I'd add that our first FG attempt doinks off the right goalpost but we get to re-kick due to a penalty. We make it, the Mirage happens and they get to the 1 with 1 sec left. We're up by 2. If the other team makes it, we lose. They miss, we win. Then we hear those two words that will have completely new meaning for us...... WIDE RIGHT! They miss it and we win!!!!! :D

camelcowboy
04-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Good one... :up:

Here's a twist:

I'd add that our first FG attempt doinks off the right goalpost but we get to re-kick due to a penalty. We make it, the Mirage happens and they get to the 1 with 1 sec left. We're up by 2. If the other team makes it, we lose. They miss, we win. Then we hear those two words that will have completely new meaning for us...... WIDE RIGHT! They miss it and we win!!!!! :D
with wide right
no goal
what the hell do we call this?
^can i say that

Bill Brasky
04-27-2005, 10:40 PM
I have another potential super bowl nightmare - the super bowl being held in NYC.