PDA

View Full Version : Arizona thinks TD is full of sh--

Stewie
04-26-2005, 08:35 PM
'ZONA DUMPS ON DONAHOE

As a follow-up to our story from earlier on Tuesday regarding some harsh opinions as to Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe, we're now hearing that the Arizona Cardinals are unhappy with the manner in which Donahoe has handled the potential trade of tailback Travis Henry.

Per a league source, Donahoe "totally screwed up the deal." Apparently, Arizona was offering tackle L.J. Shelton and a flip-flop of second-round picks. During those discussions, Donahoe "was swearing up and down that he had offers from . . . Philadelphia and Tampa Bay . . . for straight third-round picks."

So "the Cardinals called [Donahoe's] bluff and both the Bucs and Eagles took [running backs] in the draft."

Per the source, Donahoe "lost all credibility with [the Cardinals] when he pulled that crap. He never once said he didn't like [Shelton], he just said he had better offers."

Since the draft, Donahoe has suggested that the Bills never wanted Shelton.

As a result, the Cardinals were chuckling when Donahoe was left holding the bag, and the source says that we can now add one more organization "to the list of teams that know [Donahoe] is full of sh-t."

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

YardRat
04-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Sounds like sour grapes from a team that screwed themselves.

We'll see who's full of ***** when Arizona doesn't have a capable starter in their backfield on opening day.

The Spaz
04-26-2005, 08:51 PM
IT's a BS article look where it's from!:shakeno:

ddaryl
04-26-2005, 09:00 PM
profootballtalk.com

its BS

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a positive Bills story on PFT ever.

I honestly think they slant this **** because of some bias against the team. Florio must have lost some money on the Bills once.

Until I see a single story attributed to a real person, not an un-named source, it's all made up garbage.

If you beleive it, you got to be an idiot.

ArcticWildMan
04-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Florio has had a woody for Buffalo ever since BBI pissed him off.

Stewie
04-26-2005, 09:08 PM
I talk to florio once in a while on AIM. He doesn't have it out for the Bills, or any other team. He just passes on what people tell him. Some of it is wrong, some of it is dead on accurate. You guys paint a pretty negative image based on a whole lot of assumptions.

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 09:09 PM
You know what's odd?

According to the Cardinals, major media insiders (Clayton, Mortensen, Kirwan, Glaser...ect) and even the Bills- the Cardinals never returned the Bills calls after friday.

If events went down as they did in this piece of horse **** journalism - you think that all of those guys would have reported otherwise?

lordofgun
What a ******ed website.

lordofgun
I think we should make PFT the only site to which we block links.

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 09:11 PM
I talk to florio once in a while on AIM. He doesn't have it out for the Bills, or any other team. He just passes on what people tell him. Some of it is wrong, some of it is dead on accurate. You guys paint a pretty negative image based on a whole lot of assumptions.

Riiiight. He passes on info from his best buddies- Mr No-Name insider and Mr League Official.

He's got nothing. Only saps that buy his drivel.

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 09:12 PM
I think we should make PFT the only site to which we block links.

Why? It's like beating up on Weiler. It's kinda fun.

*Weiler the writer, not the real life one

lordofgun
04-26-2005, 09:13 PM
His "league source" is Brian H. My sources inside PFT tell me so.

lordofgun
04-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Why? It's like beating up on Weiler. It's kinda fun.

*Weiler the writer, not the real life one
PEople could still paste the article, I just hate driving traffic to that site because that's exactly why PFT makes crap like that up.

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 09:16 PM
'ZONA DUMPS ON DONAHOE

As a follow-up to our story from earlier on Tuesday regarding some harsh opinions as to Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe, we're now hearing that the Arizona Cardinals are unhappy with the manner in which Donahoe has handled the potential trade of tailback Travis Henry.

Per a league source, Donahoe "totally screwed up the deal." Apparently, Arizona was offering tackle L.J. Shelton and a flip-flop of second-round picks. During those discussions, Donahoe "was swearing up and down that he had offers from . . . Philadelphia and Tampa Bay . . . for straight third-round picks."

So "the Cardinals called [Donahoe's] bluff and both the Bucs and Eagles took [running backs] in the draft."

Per the source, Donahoe "lost all credibility with [the Cardinals] when he pulled that crap. He never once said he didn't like [Shelton], he just said he had better offers."

As a result, the Cardinals were chuckling when Donahoe was left holding the bag, and the source says that we can now add one more organization "to the list of teams that know [Donahoe] is full of sh-t."

I mean seriously, Donahoe goes on a number of Media sites before and after the draft- (as well as Denny Green) and pretty much says that the Shelton for Henry (plus the swap of picks) was the only deal.

Why would he turn it down?

It makes zero sense.

Unless you're into all those conspiracy theories- TD makes moves based on ego, power trips, and other Macheavelian reasons instead of making moves based on sound football management principles.

Mr.Right
04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Some GM you guys got there! :down:

Mr.Right
04-26-2005, 09:30 PM
His "league source" is Brian H. My sources inside PFT tell me so.
Brian H. is still around? :shocked:
I haven't seen that kid's moronic postings since I ran him off his favorite teams' "official" website! :funny:

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Donahue?
What happened to him?

Assclown

jamze132
04-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Riiiight. He passes on info from his best buddies- Mr No-Name insider and Mr League Official.

Come on man... the info obviously has to come from somone who knows someone who used to be a roomate of a groundskeeper's x-brother-in-law's 3rd wife's second cousin removed! Gosh!

AndreReed83
04-26-2005, 09:50 PM

Hey, how much did that 49ers GM pay for Jonas Jennings??

RedEyE
04-26-2005, 10:29 PM
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/graves.jpg

Rod Graves, the Cardinals VP of Operations was interviewed on The NFL Network yesterday morning and talked breifly about the Henry trade. He made mention that Buffalo and Arizona.....well **** just watch and hear it for yourself. Straight from the horses mouth ....

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/demand/s2005/tabill/off/rod_graves_segment_300k.rm&proto=rtsp&rpcontexturl=http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass/includes/promo&rpcontextwidth=417

PFT can bite the big one.

RedEyE
04-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Listening to Graves gives you the impression that Buffalo was talking with Arizona up until the point the Cards took JJ Arrington. I gather from the information that Graves provided that Buffalo wanted a higher pick for Henry and the two teams could not settle on the same compensation.

He says nothing about things getting nasty with Buffalo, but was confident that the Henry deal is now dead in the water due to the fact that they believe they now have their man for the Cards running game.

Dozerdog
04-26-2005, 10:48 PM
But it sounds cooler when "sources" swear and act all cocky and stuff. Adds "realism" to the stories...LOL

camelcowboy
04-26-2005, 11:42 PM
LOL your owners cheap you actually started KEN DORSEY last year...thats all i have to say.

Oh Minute Rice sucks

Canadian'eh!
04-26-2005, 11:55 PM
I want to start a website where i just spout off crap and say i got it from "a league insider" or "my sources"... oyu only have to be right ever so often... like when Houston traded for Buchanaoni figured Glenn was done there and would probably flock to Parcells in Dallas.

Sure enough today he gets cut and he's suppposed to sign with Dallas....

oh and Levy will be our next HC.... guaranteed.

sabresbillsmvf
04-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Guys,
Donahoe is a smart man. I will take a wild guess and say the best team in the league right now is the New England Patriots. They certaintly don't have a pushy GM who is aggressive. They wait for quality players not the best players. They save a ton of cap room this way. I think Donahoe is doing the same thing. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Second, the coaching on this team is beyond great. They can mould the average player into pro-bowl caliber in just a few years and those already experienced you'll see it this year. Second, Travis Henry...if he stays, which I hope he does, will help the Bills tremendously. First off, it's his final year in his contract. He certainly won't sit out this season because he wants that big contract to stay admist the top in the NFL (which he thinks and wants to be). He will play out of his mind to test free agency. An example of this is Pat Williams and Sam Adams, played out of their minds this year because it was a contract year. Pro-bowl players! Your replys people?

Meathead
04-27-2005, 12:00 AM
I want to start a website where i just spout off crap and say i got it from "a league insider" or "my sources"... oyu only have to be right ever so often...
Why start one when you're on one?

SABURZFAN
04-27-2005, 01:12 AM
'ZONA DUMPS ON DONAHOE

i talked with the Cards chef.he says PFT is full of crap. :snicker:

LifetimeBillsFan
04-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Long ago in a land far away, when I was younger, I worked for the Bills in very low capacity when they were still playing in "The Rockpile" and had the opportunity to talk with the players and some coaches a couple of times a week. Does that mean that I qualify to be quoted as a "former Bills employee" or as a "team insider"? :lmao:

The journalistic standards of some of the people on the major websites are pretty bad, those of a lot of these other sites are virtually non-existent!

Stewie
04-27-2005, 08:43 AM

So which one of his sap friends broke the randy moss trade 24 hours before anyone else?

I didn't see any saps on this board offer that info...

lordofgun
04-27-2005, 09:17 AM
So which one of his sap friends broke the randy moss trade 24 hours before anyone else?
For the last time...Brian H.

Samphin1
04-27-2005, 09:46 AM
PFT sucks. They constantly make things up. Believe me, I am a Dolphins fan so any chance to dump on the Bills I take...unless it came from PFT.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2005, 09:50 AM
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/images/graves.jpg

Rod Graves, the Cardinals VP of Operations was interviewed on The NFL Network yesterday morning and talked breifly about the Henry trade. He made mention that Buffalo and Arizona.....well **** just watch and hear it for yourself. Straight from the horses mouth ....

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/demand/s2005/tabill/off/rod_graves_segment_300k.rm&proto=rtsp&rpcontexturl=http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass/includes/promo&rpcontextwidth=417

PFT can bite the big one.
Hey is that the same guy Voltron talked to on the plane?

BuffaloRanger
04-27-2005, 10:57 AM
You know what's odd?

According to the Cardinals, major media insiders (Clayton, Mortensen, Kirwan, Glaser...ect) and even the Bills- the Cardinals never returned the Bills calls after friday.

If events went down as they did in this piece of horse **** journalism - you think that all of those guys would have reported otherwise?

Not to defend PFT, but...

When the agents of Williams/Jennings said that the Bills made them no offers and wouldn't even talk to them, a fact every media source reported, alot of guys on this board said "How do you know what happened? Just because the media is reporting it doesn't mean it's true."

TD is a smug bastard. His splashy moves fly in the face of convential league wisdom. His "smarter than thou" attitude and the fact that he is considered by his former co-workers at ESPN as a Top GM, even though he's gone 7 seasons without a playoff team, surely annoys some of the other GMs.

Dozerdog
04-27-2005, 05:17 PM

I didn't see any saps on this board offer that info...

Many many moons ago Florio worked for ESPN. I'm sur ehe's cultivated a source or two. I'm sure he got the inside info on Moss.

But he will take that diamond and put in a huge pile of dog **** and expect people to call it a jewelry case. I'm sure people would take him more seriously if he reported straight news. But for whatever reason, he tries to insert some ******ed attempt at sarcastic humor, made up quotes, and unattributed sources.

I'm sure I can take 10 players in any sport who have trade written in neon on their foreheads - make 10 predictions- and one or two will come out looking reasonably close to whatever was predicted.

He has his audience. If they want to beleive that stuff- good for them. 90% it isn't accurate, but hey- if the audience feels informed and enlightened- I guess good for them.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2005, 05:22 PM
What a ******ed website.
Seriously that site is for total tards!

Mr.Right
04-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Donahue?
What happened to him?

Hey, how much did that 49ers GM pay for Jonas Jennings??
:offtopic:
....we're talking BILLS here!

Michael82
04-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Listening to Graves gives you the impression that Buffalo was talking with Arizona up until the point the Cards took JJ Arrington. I gather from the information that Graves provided that Buffalo wanted a higher pick for Henry and the two teams could not settle on the same compensation.

He says nothing about things getting nasty with Buffalo, but was confident that the Henry deal is now dead in the water due to the fact that they believe they now have their man for the Cards running game.
if they believe JJ Arrington is going to be a bruising back that you can keep pounding the ball with, then I have a bridge to sell them. :rofl: