PDA

View Full Version : London starting to show up ..

Marcos20
12-13-2002, 06:18 PM
.. maybe a little late for the season , but im real confident with him, the guy is making some good plays, and i think he ranks 7th in the league in tackles ....
I really dont miss Sam .. this guy is showing me something, and hes really a phisyquical (dont now if im wrtite good) guy .. i really like him
:beer:

John from Hemet
12-13-2002, 06:23 PM
If you think London is doing good now....wait until we get some quality guys in front of him......

When you take a look at the MLB's around the league that are considered top notch....the next thing you should look at is who are the "space takers" in front of him.....allowing him to move freely in space and make plays.....

Fletcher has blockers coming at him free on a regular basis...and he STILL makes plays.....get a line with:

Marcus Jones
Pat Williams
Brandon Noble
Robert Porche (with our 2nd round pick - trade)

and watch London Fletcher all of a sudden become a top 3 MLB in the NFL....mark my words.....

Tatonka
12-13-2002, 07:04 PM
who is brandon noble and where do we get him from.. and who is porche?

RedEyE
12-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Wait until he gets a DC coach that knows how to utilize him properly.

WG
12-14-2002, 02:49 PM
The D has improved in spite of suggestions that they suck. They're still not good, but in fact, they have definitely improved as the season has gone on. We still need significant upgrades however in order to be competitive.

Believe it or not, Watson, while stinky on D, has played pretty good STs.

If we make the right moves this offseason, then we can improve immensely.

JfH,

I'm not so sure about Porcher however. He'll be 34 next season. I'd like to see us get a few bonafide non-injury question marked, marquee defenders in here. Also, w/ only 6 sacks so far this seaosn, it appears that he may be on the downslide. We've had enough of those types of guys. I don't even want to have to rely on Jones either. There's no guarantee that he'll be solid. He never met the hype coming out of college and it took him several seasons to develop into a decent DE.

I really hope we spend some bucks on a marquee DT or two and a LB and CB too. Our second round pick may yield a starter as well.