PDA

View Full Version : Miami OC Talks About Parrish and Everett

Romes
04-27-2005, 12:23 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=0812

On Parrish:

"... He's one of those guys who can light it up for you. He's a guy who will be able to help you on punt returns, reverses and is an inside slot receiver... When he was here in Miami we didn't want to put him back on kickoffs because he was so small, but I thought if no one can hit him what difference does it make, I mean he's not going to get hurt because very few guys get clean shots on him... Our defense here at Miami plays tough press man defense just like he'll see in the NFL. He's seen it every day and yea he's small but the Bills can move him around with motion and put him in the slot to help with that. Once he gets around that initial jam from the cornerback no one can run with him."

On Everett:

"... He's bigger, stronger, and faster that the last three big name tight ends from here (Bubba Franks, Jeremy Shockey, and Kellen Winslow Jr.) Now he doesn't quite have the ball skills that those guys did but they aren't as good a blocker... To me he's a polished tight end and he's a guy right now who can step in and play. His big thing is learning the system and once he gets that he'll make plays."

don137
04-27-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't like the quote on Everett that says "His big thing is learning the system and once he gets that he'll make plays." That tells me it took him a while to learn Miami's system and he had issues learning it (AKA typical Miami player these days).

ryjam282
04-27-2005, 12:42 PM
You think Shockey and Winslow are good, wait till you see the guy they have next year.....Olsen. He will be top notch also.

Jayhawk
04-27-2005, 01:29 PM
I'd take a chance on a Miami TE, they've turned out well so far.

Ed
04-27-2005, 03:56 PM
I like what he said about Everett being bigger and stronger then the other Miami TE's, and also being a good blocker. Because it seems like a lot of people have been saying that he's small for a TE and isn't a good blocker. With all the contradictions flying around, it's nice to here some positive things from his coaches.

BuffaloRanger
04-27-2005, 04:34 PM
I've read that he drops alot of passes. Any Hurricanes fans recall some bad drops?

Bling
04-27-2005, 04:56 PM
You think Shockey and Winslow are good, wait till you see the guy they have next year.....Olsen. He will be top notch also.

Olseon, the transfer from ND?

Bling
04-27-2005, 04:57 PM
I've read that he drops alot of passes. Any Hurricanes fans recall some bad drops?

There were some easy catches he missed. Yes, but nothing to be worried too much about.