PDA

View Full Version : Objection

Forward_Lateral
04-27-2005, 03:14 PM
You shouldn't be allowed to trade picks that you already passed on, especially after their slot is up.

Canadian'eh!
04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
i am not sure about that..... BUT you'd think they had to wait until makeup time..... I'm not that upset... just seems weird to me too though.

team A passes.... team B throws a late rookie pick at em... team A accpets and team B gets to make the pick after the slot is over mid round?

seems unfair to Eb who was on the clock at the time.

I'm not sure what i think of trading passed picks but the midround rule should be enforced from now on i think.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
You shouldn't be allowed to trade picks that you already passed on, especially after their slot is up.
It was already done in a previous round. Unless it is past the makeup time it is legal.

Ebenezer
04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
sorry, i have no problem with it...technically they can do it in the NFL (in fact I think it happened with Minnesota) so they can do it here...you may bring it up for a vote for future drafts but for now it is ok.

L.A. Playa
04-27-2005, 03:21 PM
His time wasnt up and they do have the option of picking until the end of make up time so technically there is nothing wrong was a very smart and calculated move

Canadian'eh!
04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't have a problem with the trade so much... but are we officially in "make your picks as soon as you can when missed territory? because we can do away with the makeup slot from now on if true.

Forward_Lateral
04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Ok, I misread, I thought it was already passed his alloted time slot.

L.A. Playa
04-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Makeup time is just for people who missed their time slot and havent signed on till after everyone has made their pick if the person with the first pick in the round misses their pick they can pick anytime in the round up until the end of makeup time

Sportsuser101
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
I don't have a problem with the trade so much... but are we officially in "make your picks as soon as you can when missed territory? because we can do away with the makeup slot from now on if true.
Yeah its always been the Minnesota Vikings rule that if you miss a pick you can make up at anytime up to the end of the makeup time.

Ebenezer
04-27-2005, 03:29 PM
good call guys!! beer on me!

DraftBoy
04-27-2005, 04:47 PM
My B, sorry to create a stir, but normally I would of passed by Sportsuser said he needed and he offered me something I was like sure if you want it take it, so we did it. Sorry to create a problem, and Eb I didnt get any beer :down:

L.A. Playa
04-27-2005, 04:52 PM
There shouldnt have been any controversy you can do what you want with your pick up until you either A.) choose a player or B.) the end of make up time is over